Re: BNF Suite Night 2018

Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:4 people interested in going? going to need more than that if i'm going to bother trying to make this happen.
WAKE UP YOU HOCKEY HIBERNATORS!
Ignoring the whole "cool, can you also please vote?" thing [did you really think that was gonna work?], I count responses for 8 people:
• JMC-STL +1
• Drubilly
• Turk +1
• blue to the bone +1
• CaptSMRT

Adding T.C. makes 9, plus whatever homeless people he plans to cover. We're gettin' there. But I admit there's been a poor response rate. Maybe they all heard about BNF Night #1.

P.S. - And if you have to make an executive decision on a game date (which is certainly your prerogative) due to lack of a vocal majority, be advised that JMC-STL +1 = 0 if you choose the Vegas date. Prior commitments, and it's beyond our price limit.

JMC-STL wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
T.C. wrote:4 people interested in going? going to need more than that if i'm going to bother trying to make this happen.
WAKE UP YOU HOCKEY HIBERNATORS!
Ignoring the whole "cool, can you also please vote?" thing [did you really think that was gonna work?], I count responses for 8 people:
• JMC-STL +1
• Drubilly
• Turk +1
• blue to the bone +1
• CaptSMRT

Adding T.C. makes 9, plus whatever homeless people he plans to cover. We're gettin' there. But I admit there's been a poor response rate. Maybe they all heard about BNF Night #1.

P.S. - And if you have to make an executive decision on a game date (which is certainly your prerogative) due to lack of a vocal majority, be advised that JMC-STL +1 = 0 if you choose the Vegas date. Prior commitments, and it's beyond our price limit.
noted. also too close to xmas spending. so i think we should take 1/4 off the table.

JMC-STL wrote:
T.C. wrote:fair point. only a commitment to the date you voted for. if another date is the winner, you are freed from your commitment. also, i can't tell who voted very easily so i won't be enforcing this, so there's that.
So in the end, this is just another half-assed attempt to prove to your wife that you actually have some friends that don't live under a bridge or in a burned-out building? I can relate to that sort of desperation. But if I were her, I'd still be standing at the door of the suite to turn away visitors who smell like diesel fumes or smoldering scrap lumber.
But I smell like diesel exhaust fumes.... :(

blue to the bone wrote:But I smell like diesel exhaust fumes.... :(
As long as you can present irrefutable proof that the smell is related to your occupation (and, no, that does not count washing car windshields at stoplights), you've got a chance to get past her.

JMC-STL wrote:
As long as you can present irrefutable proof that the smell is related to your occupation (and, no, that does not count washing car windshields at stoplights), you've got a chance to get past her.
Does it count if I'm huffing diesel fumes?.... at work, that is.

I voted January 30 because I'm old enough to understand that the Montreal Canadiens are THE royalty of the NHL.

Explaining to my wife how I'm going to leave the comfort of my paid-for HDTV viewing couch to pay $110 to join a bunch of Blues fans (with a few exceptions I've never met) may be another thing altogether.

However, it will be well spent if I can reacquaint myself with old friends BillP and NHLTIM as well as anyone who has changed their user name from the P-D days. I'd also love to meet Barnburner, Robb_K, and many other Blues News Forum

blue to the bone wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
Hmmmm, tough call. "Work-adjacent" to be sure, but T.C.'s missus is a stickler for rules. You might wanna bring tribute.

I voted for the Jan 30th Habs game. I'll also say it will be stlblues1226 +1. Would also be good for the Feb 28th game as well.

This time I will ask off from work for the day of and the next day so that I won't get sent out of town for work.

Looking forward to it already.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

barcthespark wrote:I voted January 30 because I'm old enough to understand that the Montreal Canadiens are THE royalty of the NHL.

Explaining to my wife how I'm going to leave the comfort of my paid-for HDTV viewing couch to pay $110 to join a bunch of Blues fans (with a few exceptions I've never met) may be another thing altogether.

However, it will be well spent if I can reacquaint myself with old friends BillP and NHLTIM as well as anyone who has changed their user name from the P-D days. I'd also love to meet Barnburner, Robb_K, and many other Blues News Forum
Damn...I guess the rest of us will have to up our game.

CaptSMRT wrote:
barcthespark wrote:I voted January 30 because I'm old enough to understand that the Montreal Canadiens are THE royalty of the NHL.

Damn...I guess the rest of us will have to up our game.
Gonna have to exercise our "nuclear option": We moon everyone who walks in the suite door. The more cheeks, the merrier.

T.C. wrote:... pretty sure robb_k isn't going to make it, unless we crowd fund his first-class ticket here.
I always pictured Robb_K as the kinda guy with a chauffeur-driven jet car/plane. One for each of his dozen home bases around the world. He could join us if he got clear airspace over downtown.

JMC-STL wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: As long as you can present irrefutable proof that the smell is related to your occupation (and, no, that does not count washing car windshields at stoplights), you've got a chance to get past her.
Hmmmm, tough call. "Work-adjacent" to be sure, but T.C.'s missus is a stickler for rules. You might wanna bring tribute.
Well JMC, she let me in last year but it was probably my wife that allowed me through security. Good thing the Mrs will be there again this year so I can join.

Also, anyone who didn't attend last year and is on the fence for this year, it was a very good time. I had a great time.... including the not so subtle sexual advances from forum members. Made me feel important. :P

T.C. wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
T.C. wrote:nice. will let this sit here over the weekend and see where we are monday.
Labor Day weekend. Make that Tuesday.
that's what i said - booty traps.
Bonus points for a Goonies reference. Well played T.C.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

blue to the bone wrote:... I had a great time.... including the not so subtle sexual advances from forum members. Made me feel important. :P
So much for all that chatting-up time I spent that evening with Turk & T.C.. I guess they prefer more tender prey. :?

JMC-STL wrote:
T.C. wrote:... pretty sure robb_k isn't going to make it, unless we crowd fund his first-class ticket here.
I always pictured Robb_K as the kinda guy with a chauffeur-driven jet car/plane. One for each of his dozen home bases around the world. He could join us if he got clear airspace over downtown.
He even looks a little like "The Most Interesting Man in the World." That is totally something he would do.

MissouriMook wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
He even looks a little like "The Most Interesting Man in the World." That is totally something he would do.
You coming Mook? ... T.C. can order the suite with the extra high ceiling.

Turk Sanderson wrote:You coming Mook? ... T.C. can order the suite with the extra high ceiling.
Will his "+1" be Momo the Monster? Then we could prove once & for all that the two are actually separate individuals. Another breakthrough in modern science credited to The BNF Extra-Natural Research Team! :o