Re: Panger out?

stlblues1226 wrote:
BluesSK wrote:
barnburner wrote:
Strickland replacing Panger?
As horrific as it seems, considering Strick's track record of somehow worming his way into jobs, I can't help but wonder if that possibility is not behind the ridiculous low balling of Panger by FSMW.
I think I'm going to throw up.
Nah, color guy is usually a former player. Cam Janssen.
I'm ok with Cam. Love him on the afternoon radio show he's part of on 590. He needs to get out of there because some idiot thought bringing in John Hadley was a good idea. What a fucking tool Hadley is.

Any chance they can pry Chaser from the radio side?
If Pang is gone, Chaser would be my choice.

stlblues1226 wrote:
BluesSK wrote:
barnburner wrote:
Strickland replacing Panger?
As horrific as it seems, considering Strick's track record of somehow worming his way into jobs, I can't help but wonder if that possibility is not behind the ridiculous low balling of Panger by FSMW.
I think I'm going to throw up.
Nah, color guy is usually a former player. Cam Janssen.
I'm ok with Cam. Love him on the afternoon radio show he's part of on 590. He needs to get out of there because some idiot thought bringing in John Hadley was a good idea. What a fucking tool Hadley is.

Any chance they can pry Chaser from the radio side?
I'd like chase as well but he and Kerbs are gold together. I'd want him to stay there or move chase and Kerbs to tv which I'd like.
I hope they get panger signed and we don't have to puke any more at the thought of seeing and hearing more Strickland.

barcthespark wrote:Chase doesn't know when to shut up. I have no idea what is happening on the ice when Kerber and Chase are yapping about nothing during play.
+1000. I stopped listening to Blues' games on the radio once those two opened their own hockey frat house.

Hooray! I've been driving all day, so now just catching up on today's news. Glad I will be hearing such classics as "holy jumpin!", "the old nine of hearts", and "little guy with gumption" for at least three more years.

BluesSK wrote:Panger is a pro and I'm sure he would have been in high demand had he not been retained.

I think there might have been some input from the Blues on this decision.
That would be my guess. From what I've read/been told, the FSMW has always pretty much worked with the Blues, in regard to hiring/ rehiring broadcasters. I have to believe that considering the national face Panger brings to the franchise, I doubt Stillman was happy about his being offered a pay cut.

Robb_K wrote:Darren Pang is the best colour man The Blues have ever had (I've heard them all). I hope they can get a deal done soon, without any hard feelings.
With all due respect I disagree. To me Joe Michelletti was the best.

blueslifer wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Darren Pang is the best colour man The Blues have ever had (I've heard them all). I hope they can get a deal done soon, without any hard feelings.
With all due respect I disagree. To me Joe Michelletti was the best.
To me, it's pretty much a toss up. Both know the game very well, and are quite articulate. Each has their own strengths, but when you add them up - I find it pretty difficult to say one is better than the other. If I had to pick one, I'd actually probably side on Panger, simply because of the bright personality he brings to the broadcast.

Michelletti or Panger.

Panger every time.

Shit Joe still owes me a right hockey glove that he asked for his kid borrow when I worked at Creve Couer Ice Rink (must have not checked his bag). Then he bounced out of town. I remember that shit Joe, I cringe every time I see him on NY telecasts (that's where he is now right?).

But clearly I'm biased!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Michelleti and Wilson was the best combo.
Wilson had the ability to be one of the top pbp guys in the business. He was just too lazy to make use of all that ability.
I used to like listening to his radio show, but his temper tantrum when he left town, was shameful.

I get a chuckle every time I see Panger and think of him being a goalie in the league at one point. He looks like he could skate into the net and not bump his head. Use the crossbar as a pull up bar. Lil legs dangling as he swings back n forth. Hes awesome!