Re: 2017 NHL FA/Trade talk

Matangama wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:More hard hitting obvious statements from Strick nasty

@andystrickland
#stlblues won't be afraid to package two 1st rounders in attempt to move up if player they have high on list slips
Oh my God....he should have slapped "BREAKING" on this blockbuster development! God damn, he is kind of a tool.
My heart just skipped a beat! Strick is so predictable, it's actually funny. He always finds a way to slip in a few (totally worthless) posts just to try to appear relevant.

Stand by for his next tweet in which he announces that Armstrong is prepared to give up both first round picks, should Pittsburgh call offering Crosby in trade. Followed by insider information that Army and Yeo were seen hugging.

BluesSK wrote:
barnburner wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Washington re-signs TJ Oshie for 8 years 46 million. 5.75 per
8 years is a big risk health wise.
I would consider that a massive risk in both health and player motivation.
Agreed. Especially coming on the heels of his only "big" year.

Report: Lightning reach out to Shattenkirk

by Josh Gold-Smith 1h ago

Let the Kevin Shattenkirk sweepstakes begin.

The Tampa Bay Lightning were among a slew of clubs to check in on the soon-to-be unrestricted free-agent defenseman Sunday, sources told Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.

Shattenkirk is the biggest prize in a relatively weak free-agent class this summer, so it's no surprise that he has multiple suitors, but it's interesting to see the Lightning involved even in a preliminary capacity.

Tampa Bay was the Eastern Conference club that nearly landed Shattenkirk in a seven-year, $42-million sign-and-trade agreement back in January before he turned it down, according to Smith and as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jeremy Rutherford believed at the time.

The window for teams to contact pending UFAs officially opened Sunday.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/13245 ... hattenkirk

From USA today piece.

4. Center Joe Thornton: It’s still possible Thornton, 37, will return to San Jose, but the Sharks have opened the door to his possible departure by allowing him to talk to other teams. His numbers were down last season, but he still had 43 assists and 50 points in 79 games. Thornton is also coming off of surgery to a torn ACL and MCL. He still can serve as an elite set-up artist and leader. Good fit: St. Louis Blues or Nashville Predators

I wouldn't hate it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:From USA today piece.

4. Center Joe Thornton: It’s still possible Thornton, 37, will return to San Jose, but the Sharks have opened the door to his possible departure by allowing him to talk to other teams. His numbers were down last season, but he still had 43 assists and 50 points in 79 games. Thornton is also coming off of surgery to a torn ACL and MCL. He still can serve as an elite set-up artist and leader. Good fit: St. Louis Blues or Nashville Predators

I wouldn't hate it.
I wouldn't like it, especially if he still has that stupid beard. But, I could live with it as long as it's no more than 2 years and no more than $3M cap hit per year.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:From USA today piece.

I wouldn't hate it.
Just read the same thing.
I agree. I wouldn't hate it either. He immediately be our best center. Don't care how old he is as long as he doesn't want 4+ years. Big body, can pass and set people up till the cows come home.
I wouldn't hate it at all. A lot depends on $$$ though. No idea what he will get. 3yrs/$18m ???? 2 years/$13m-$14m???
I'd do it as long as it doesn't keep us from getting Parayko signed.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I hope the Blues make a run at Thornton
How's his knee?
Everything is on schedule from what I've read. I think he's easily got 120 pts left in him. He might turn Vladi into a 50 goal guy. I wouldn't go more than 2 years though.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

In a chat recently JR mentioned that Thornton's "strong personality" might not be a good fit for a team that already has its leadership core. Not sure I get that.

On a side note, thinking about the Schenn trade. He was not a guy I think anyone really speculated about us getting, or that we heard rumors about. Really seemed to come out of nowhere.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:In a chat recently JR mentioned that Thornton's "strong personality" might not be a good fit for a team that already has its leadership core. Not sure I get that.

On a side note, thinking about the Schenn trade. He was not a guy I think anyone really speculated about us getting, or that we heard rumors about. Really seemed to come out of nowhere.
On Schenn, I think the rumors were strong two years ago that he was a guy the Blues had been interested in. Blues and Philly have been talking off and on for at least a couple of years and at one point there was a strong Backes for Schenn rumor. I think we just kind of forgot about Schenn with Duchene and Chucky being the talk of the trade market this off season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"