Re: WJC's..USA vs Latvia, Canada vs Russia

39hurricane wrote:Any 2017 draft eligible kids in this WJC catching your eye?

Nico Hischier of Switzerland has been very impressive. His play has vaulted him into discussion for #1 overall. I think most who know me, always know I favor the North American kid but Hischier has been downright incredible.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

JMC-STL wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:... I think most who know me, always know I favor the North American kid but Hischier has been downright incredible.
Are we gonna have to schedule an intervention, 'TIM? :shock:

It's a Euro heavy draft..not much we can do about that. We will probably end up with 3 or 4 euro's come June.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:... I think most who know me, always know I favor the North American kid but Hischier has been downright incredible.
Are we gonna have to schedule an intervention, 'TIM? :shock:

It's a Euro heavy draft..not much we can do about that. We will probably end up with 3 or 4 euro's come June.
....and just our luck, Jarmo will have all the good ones.

NHLTIM wrote:
39hurricane wrote:Any 2017 draft eligible kids in this WJC catching your eye?

Nico Hischier of Switzerland has been very impressive. His play has vaulted him into discussion for #1 overall. I think most who know me, always know I favor the North American kid but Hischier has been downright incredible.
Yeah, I'm lucky enough to get to watch him play live here in Halifax and he's a fantastic player. He seemed to really step it up in the World Juniors, as I'm not sure he's a legit #1 overall, but he really is impressive to watch. Top 5 talent for sure.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:This is a fantastic game going on here. Feel bad for all the boys that are watching the Blues game tonight! You are missing some real hockey!
Just as I find the game, USA takes a TMM penalty.... :lol:
So you seem to be the common variable then.
I thought shit, this isn't any different than what I just watched

Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Tage Thompson has gotten rave reviews, but chalk me up as someone that really wishes one of these St Louis kids had ended up in the system.
Unfortunately they were all long gone by the time the Blues drafted. You may recall they actually had to move up to snag Thompson, who was the last player on their list they felt was a true first rounder. Boston picked St. Louis' Trent Frederic a few picks later at 29, but that was widely viewed as a reach if I recall correctly.
yeah, i think it was a big mistake to not do everything they could to move up and get at least keller.

T.C. wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Tage Thompson has gotten rave reviews, but chalk me up as someone that really wishes one of these St Louis kids had ended up in the system.
Unfortunately they were all long gone by the time the Blues drafted. You may recall they actually had to move up to snag Thompson, who was the last player on their list they felt was a true first rounder. Boston picked St. Louis' Trent Frederic a few picks later at 29, but that was widely viewed as a reach if I recall correctly.
yeah, i think it was a big mistake to not do everything they could to move up and get at least keller.
That would've been great, but I'm not sure we had the firepower to move up to 6 and get him since he went 7. There were lots of rumblings of Shattenkirk to Edmonton at 4, but there was no way Edmonton was trading that pick after Puljiarvi slipped past the Jackets at 3. When Tkachuk slipped past Vancouver at 5, there was also likely no chance Calgary would have traded the pick for anything we or any other team had to offer that wouldn't cripple us.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Tage Thompson in WJC U20

He quietly put together respectable numbers in the U20 tourney with 1 goal (game-winner), 4 assists, and a +4 rating in 7 games. Not bad. Also, that was really good experience winning gold and beating Canada in the final. Surprised I didn't hear more about it.