Re: GDT: Preds @ Blues, Rd 2 Gm 2, 7p

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:
FB_IMG_1493439417308.jpg

Pretty well sums it up.
hahahaha.

my thoughts:
-- i know from the above posts that at the end, faceoffs were pretty even, but man for most of this game i kept wondering if we'd ever win a faceoff.
-- so glad pahrry yakko is ok.
-- peter angelo had a fucking terrible game. as goes our captain, so goes our team. if we can win with him playing like that, imagine what we could do if he had a good game.
-- hey, staying out of the box worked!! but that PP percentage is still rough. we're not going to have that imbalance every game. if this one is what it takes to get everyone going forward, fine. but have a better plan next time.

stoked for sunday!

was it just me, and maybe if anyone was at the game could confirm, but on the telecast it sounded like Petro was being bood a bit at the beginning of the 3rd period? Seemed that put some jump in his and the rest of the team's skating and decision making. Petro has not had a good series. I'm thinking he must be playing with an injury, but no way they take him out unless it's a broken something :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
blueslifer wrote:Wow, Great Game! This should be the Stanley Cup Finals Series.
Maybe it was just me, but the first two periods were rather boring.
Sorry, I was a little drunk at the time. What I meant was how evenly matched these two teams are. This series is shaking out to be one of the best in that regard. And yes the game was a little boring but you have to give credit to both teams on how well structured defensively they are. I really hope the Blues win this series, but if not I will be rooting for the Preds the rest of the way.

blueslifer wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
blueslifer wrote:Wow, Great Game! This should be the Stanley Cup Finals Series.
Maybe it was just me, but the first two periods were rather boring.
Sorry, I was a little drunk at the time. What I meant was how evenly matched these two teams are. This series is shaking out to be one of the best in that regard. And yes the game was a little boring but you have to give credit to both teams on how well structured defensively they are. I really hope the Blues win this series, but if not I will be rooting for the Preds the rest of the way.

I thought last nights game was really good hockey. These two teams are well matched....they both do different things well. The Blues are strong on the puck, and have multiple good shooting forwards. The Preds have incredible speed in the zone and have multiple good shooters on defense. I can't wait till Sunday....unless the Blues lose...then the REFS suck!!!