Jordan Kyrou

Season ended a couple nights ago. Anyone hear anything on him getting a look in Chicago. Not sure that lineup would have room for him, but practicing with them for a few weeks would be beneficial as well.

Re: Jordan Kyrou

Have not heard a thing but he signed his ELC over the summer. Not sure what his options are for Chicago in regards to his contract status.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

It's either back to Sarnia or with the Blues. He would have to be 20 before the end of the year to be eligible for the AHL and he's a 98 birth year.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:It's either back to Sarnia or with the Blues. He would have to be 20 before the end of the year to be eligible for the AHL and he's a 98 birth year.
Yes. This is what I remember reading. He's not even 19 yet.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues invited him down to be around the team. They did that with Fabbri....took him on a road trip to Florida.
I still think there is a chance he's on the Blues opening night roster come October. A lot will depend on how the offseason goes and a lot will depend on Kyrou himself. If he puts in the work, he will give himself a shot at a 9 game tryout and he appears to be a kid that is willing to do that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Beatoni12 wrote:Hmmm, I wonder if the fact he signed an ELC negates the ability to sign an ATO / PTO.

My understanding is that next year he's either back in junior or the NHL. Still too young for the AHL as far as I know.
I'm pretty sure he could play in the AHL under a PTO (not an ATO since he is no longer considered an amateur) if the Blues thought that would be worthwhile for him and the Wolves felt he would play ahead of some of their other forwards. I believe this is the same thing Fabbri did two years ago.

I suspect that they might have him working in St. Louis during the playoff as one of the Black Aces, which I believe they can do regardless of whether he signs a PTO to play in the AHL or not. It is always helpful for both the player and the team - the player gets to see first hand what is required to make the leap to the NHL and the team gets to evaluate the areas of their game the player needs to work on and can give dietary and strength training assistance from the NHL staff without jeopardizing contract status.

NHLTIM wrote:I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues invited him down to be around the team. They did that with Fabbri....took him on a road trip to Florida.
I still think there is a chance he's on the Blues opening night roster come October. A lot will depend on how the offseason goes and a lot will depend on Kyrou himself. If he puts in the work, he will give himself a shot at a 9 game tryout and he appears to be a kid that is willing to do that.
A 9 game trial and then off to the world juniors, then get traded to a contender in the OHL and go through a Mem Cup run wouldn't hurt his development, IMO

Beatoni12 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I wouldn't be shocked if the Blues invited him down to be around the team. They did that with Fabbri....took him on a road trip to Florida.
A 9 game trial and then off to the world juniors, then get traded to a contender in the OHL and go through a Mem Cup run wouldn't hurt his development, IMO
I'd like to see what Beatoni proposes here. He probably needs another season to develope before NHL. But who knows. I thought the same with Fabbri, and he turned out alright.