central

Everyone knew the central would be tough this year but wow. No matter where everyone ends up in the standings every team can hold their head up high.

Dallas is only 19 points back of the Preds. In any other division they would still be in the hunt for a wild card berth.

The Oilers and Canes sit 35 pionts back of their division leaders and the Sabers are well the Sabers.

I am a Blues fan but I have to give a shout out to every team in our division even (I'm sorry to say) the Squaks. It's been a fun year.

Re: central

And Blues players are totally tuned in to this. I've seen several interviews where guys are saying things are so tight that they feel like they have to win every night just to keep pace and not drop in the standings 2, 3 or more spots.

Re: central

As of last night's games, the central is the only division in the league with a points percentage over 60% (hooray loser point!) and a win percentage over 50% (at 54%, though the Metro is just under at 49.9). Beating up on the East has certainly helped, too - no central team has a losing record against the East.