Re: The Deadline thread

Those conditions are crazy. It reminds me of trying to determine THACO with magical armor from my old D&D days.

Here is a crazy thought. What happens if the Blues trade for Shatty before July 1st to negotiate a new deal? We give them a 2nd rounder, does that mean we get their 4th?? Mind blown.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Goal for the rest of the deadline. Trade Lehtera, Gunnarson, and Upshall.
Do you trust Armstrong to get fair return on them? I fucking don't. He shouldn't be allowed to make another trade till he takes lessons from some other gm or they hire someone to babysit him. He's worse than hextall or what's his face with the islanders.
I'm......
Good night guys....

blue to the bone wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Goal for the rest of the deadline. Trade Lehtera, Gunnarson, and Upshall.
Do you trust Armstrong to get fair return on them? I fucking don't. He shouldn't be allowed to make another trade till he takes lessons from some other gm or they hire someone to babysit him. He's worse than hextall or what's his face with the islanders.
I'm......
Good night guys....
All three would be addition by subtraction so the return on them to me is not relevant.
Just a Russian propaganda account

blue to the bone wrote:I'm supposed to be sleeping but I can't believe a tweet I just read.
I'm slowly starting to despise this management team if this is true.

Per NHL source #Isles G Jaroslav Halak about to be dealt. #Oilers frontrunners & #Blues pursuing as well. #NHLTradeDeadline
Dear God

blue to the bone wrote:I'm supposed to be sleeping but I can't believe a tweet I just read.

Per NHL source #Isles G Jaroslav Halak about to be dealt. #Oilers frontrunners & #Blues pursuing as well. #NHLTradeDeadline
Chris Stewart has to be in play.

BluesSK wrote:

Chris Stewart has to be in play
:lol:

Thanks. Please tell me this is all just fake news or alternate facts in some fucked up universe....My happiness is not anymore.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

The biggest winner in the Shatty deal is Shatty. He spends the rest of the season on a loaded team with a chance to win and then gets to cash in and/or go where he wants to be next year. He struck gold on this. Good for him.

On the flip side, I could see how Pittsburgh could be even more annoyed than Blues fans. Can you imagine if the Blues and Hawks were bidding against each other for the same player and the Hawks got him in a deal like the one Washington got?

Dave's a mess wrote:Guys, I don't think today went very well.
I think that it went as good as it could for a rental... A first, second (anybody really think that the Caps wont win a couple of playoff rounds?) and a prospect. New goalie coaches must not have minded losing Copley with Husso there...Not too shook-up about losing him, and getting a guy on a 2-way contract to play in Chicago. There's another late round pick in play if Wash. trades his rights after the season...Seems D.A. will be called names on this no matter what, but I'm pretty sure that if there was a better offer, he would have taken it, eh? I joked about it earlier, but Shatty seems awfully certain that there's a HUGE contract on the table somewhere this summer... I'm smelling some tampering.

Jeez... I hate to always be the grown up buzz kill party pooper in this group of Blues fans. You're all loosing your minds because we didn't get Ovie for Shatty. You're nuts.

Shatty is currently a three month asset. THREE MONTHS!!! Army got a prospect (6 year asset) and a first round pick (7 year asset) for a guy who was going to walk away for nothing (backes brouwer...)

If I told you we just traded Shatty for

1. 6 years of cost controlled Jaden Schwartz AND

2. 7 years of cost controlled Robbi Fabbri

You'd all cream your pants and leave me a generous tip. We're not winning the cup this year. Get over it. But were set up to take real shots in

BlueinNy wrote:Ntc's are the problem, GM's hand em out like Halloween candy anymore. I think we could have been watching Taylor Hall this year without a ntc.
Shatty didn't have a NYC, But he controlled his destiny, and value, by being either a rental or signing an extension. We got what we got due to him wanting to be a rag, and the rags willing to gamble he'll sign in summer with them rather than the caps or pens.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

No one here was expecting Ovie in return for Shatty. It's just a very underwhelming return for the piece that's the best out there this offseason, not to mention all the talk about the bidding war and high prices for him. If you change the trade to Vrana and the 2nd in 2019 I wouldn't be bitching as much, but to get less than what Arizona got for Hanzal is just unacceptable in my opinion.

39hurricane wrote:Jeez... I hate to always be the grown up buzz kill party pooper in this group of Blues fans. You're all loosing your minds because we didn't get Ovie for Shatty. You're nuts.

Shatty is currently a three month asset. THREE MONTHS!!! Army got a prospect (6 year asset) and a first round pick (7 year asset) for a guy who was going to walk away for nothing (backes brouwer...)

If I told you we just traded Shatty for

1. 6 years of cost controlled Jaden Schwartz AND

2. 7 years of cost controlled Robbi Fabbri

You'd all cream your pants and leave me a generous tip. We're not winning the cup this year. Get over it. But were set up to take real shots in

That's extreme hyperbole as no one has said that, but whatever helps you try and make your point.

What if I told you we traded Shattenkirk for Jaskin and PRV?

How are the Blues set up to take a real shot in 18? The roster we have now, will likely be VERY similar to what they play next season with.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:No one here was expecting Ovie in return for Shatty. It's just a very underwhelming return for the piece that's the best out there this offseason, not to mention all the talk about the bidding war and high prices for him. If you change the trade to Vrana and the 2nd in 2019 I wouldn't be bitching as much, but to get less than what Arizona got for Hanzal is just unacceptable in my opinion.
I was truly OK with the deal until Copely for Malone was mentioned. A 1st, prospect, and conditional 2nd was acceptable for Shatty, IMHO.

Just not sure why they 'had' to move Copely, and we don't need Malone on the Wolves IMHO. I know we had three goalies (IIRC) in the AHL (Husso, Copely, Binnington), but surprised all we got back for Copely was Malone, considering the ceiling he seemed to have, and his excellent recent play with the Wolves.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BlueinNy wrote:Ntc's are the problem, GM's hand em out like Halloween candy anymore. I think we could have been watching Taylor Hall this year without a ntc.
Shatty didn't nix the trade to Edmonton, he just wouldn't sign an extension there. The Blues could send him to any team they want, but Edmonton wouldn't trade Hall without Shatty signing there long term.

From the ESPN article that graded the trade as an A for Washington and a C for the Blues. Blues are trying to corner the market on 3rd line centers.

To really push this trade back in the Blues favor, forward Sanford has to be the difference-maker -- and that appears to be a long shot.

"Not sure he does anything great," said one source on Monday evening. "Bottom six."

ESPN Insider prospect guru Corey Pronman wasn't all that much more optimistic about Sanford, who has scored two goals in 26 games this season.

"Sanford isn't a foundational prospect. ... That being said, he's a tall forward who skates well for a guy his size, with decent skill and versatility in his game. He's not going to wow you, though," Pronman said.

Pronman projects him as a third-line player.