Re: The Deadline thread

BluesSK wrote:If they don't trade him, they need to find a way to sign him.

There is no in-between here.
Honestly there is like a 0.001% chance they sign him to an extension. That would be just way too much money at RHD. There's not enough ice time go around at one position for those three guys.

Shatty has to be turned into another asset. Preferably a center.

Dave's a mess wrote:Stars trade Patrick Eaves to Anaheim for second round pick. Becomes first round pick if Ducks make conference final and Eaves plays 50% of game.

I remain steadfast in my belief rental return for Shatty will still be good.
yeah, I don't see DA being so 'greedy' that he loses an opportunity to trade Shatty, even if just for a 1st and strong prospect.

Question is this then: is there a rental return prospect who could develop into at least a #2C in the next couple of years that the Blues could get, along with a 1st round pick? Who's out there in that way that looks like a surefire thing and on a team that is stacked at C?

in two years (18/19) we'll need two more centers, at least, as Stastny will probably have moved on or been traded next season, and Lehtera is then up also IIRC.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

According to TSN we can add the Caps and Pens to the list of teams interesting in Shattenkirk

Basically the entire Eastern Conference playoff teams are interested at this point.

The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals, among other teams, are in the running for the 28-year-old, according to Garrioch.
The Blues are reportedly looking for a first-round pick and a talented prospect in any deal while a sign-and-trade seems unlikely at this point, says Garrioch.
Just a Russian propaganda account

UMSLBlues12 wrote:McKenzie just tweeted Bishop is traded to the Kings

Holy cow. What a trade. Interesting trade for sure. Quick just came back and was fantastic in his first start. The Blues are trying to hold the Kings off. I'd imagine the top seeds in the West would rather play the Kings than the Blues in round 1

Either way, this trade doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for the Kings. Guaranteed to lose him in the off-season too.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Although, looking at the return...it looks like the Lightning just simply gave him away. Im guessing Stevie Y wishes he traded him to Calgary this past off-season.

Props to Army for jumping in there.
I guess it depends on how Cernak turns out but have to think we got a better return for Elliott than TB did for Bishop.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Wow, for Hanzal:

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m2 minutes ago
ARIZ is receiving a first-rounder, a second-rounder and a conditional pick that can become a second. MIN is all-in
Jeez, that's promising for Shatty's price as a rental. Makes the 1st rounder, plus prospect seem very fair