Re: Kitchener Rangers vs. Guelph Strom - 3/13/2015

TR-USA wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I still want to know who's going to be the team to sign Max Iafrate. Hoping the Blues are that team.
Right? Very suprised no team has made an offer. Doubt he will ever obtain his Dad's success but I feel he has the potential to be an effective NHL defensmen.
Did his father show him how to shoot that devastating slapshot? I have seen him shoot mainly wristers and snappers.

NHLTIM wrote:I still want to know who's going to be the team to sign Max Iafrate. Hoping the Blues are that team.
Amazing no one has signed him yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't had offers. As a UDFA, he may have his sights on a particular team or teams, but he'll be 21 at the end of the month and he may be running out of time and options. Certainly wouldn't mind the Blues taking a chance on him (minimal cost involved) but he had better plan on playing at least a season in the ECHL because the Wolves blueline is already crowded.

He was given a tryout contract with the Av's AHL team, but he wasn't offered contract. Our prospect Dmitrii Sergeev has been his line-mate for a good portion of the season, so I imagine the Blues have seen a lot of Max. At the very least I'd like to see him get a camp tryout, and see where it leads from there.

I agree with Mook though, unless Max truly shows something, he'll have to be happy playing in the E for a bit, as the Wolves are absolutely stacked with young D talent next season.