Re: GDT: Wild vs Blues 3/14 - 7:00 CT / 8:00 ET

foofighter wrote:I really have to say. Frank is pretty worthless if he isn't making good passes or scoring.

He needs to become a complete player.
I gotta agree there foo! I was thinking the same thing sitting there tonight that he seems to have really gotten lackadasical (sp?) here lately with his passing and trying to do too much offensively. I know he's young and he'll learn, but some of his mistakes are starting to hurt a little here lately.

Not happy at all with Bortuzzo's play. He was out of position several times, making bad decisions and misreading plays. His hustle held the puck in the offensive zone a few times, and that's good. But, he seems to have no shot from the point, and was reluctant to shoot whenever he had the opportunity, especially, when he had a chance to ske the puck forward some and shoot. Instead, he ALWAYS sent the puck back to Jackman on the other point, often at a dangerous time, when a defender might have cut it off and had a breakaway. He killed a bunch of offensive flurries which were producing chances before the puck got to him. I take back my idea to play 7 defencemen. Play Jackman and Michalek as 5-6, and rest Jackman by putting in Lindbohm. Sit Bortuzzo, except for the odd regular season game against a weak team.

barnburner wrote:
ledzeppelinfan1 wrote:DD was definitely good, but I don't feel we ever REALLY tested him tonight. Lots of shots...nothing dynamic.
Agree, Bernie just said he stole the game. I say we just handed it to him on a silver platter.

On the bright side, after a pathetic effort, we should be well rested for Dallas tomorrow.
:roll:
They really did. A tired Minnesota team was just given that game.

Robb_K wrote:Not happy at all with Bortuzzo's play. He was out of position several times, making bad decisions and misreading plays. His hustle held the puck in the offensive zone a few times, and that's good. But, he seems to have no shot from the point, and was reluctant to shoot whenever he had the opportunity, especially, when he had a chance to ske the puck forward some and shoot. Instead, he ALWAYS sent the puck back to Jackman on the other point, often at a dangerous time, when a defender might have cut it off and had a breakaway. He killed a bunch of offensive flurries which were producing chances before the puck got to him. I take back my idea to play 7 defencemen. Play Jackman and Michalek as 5-6, and rest Jackman by putting in Lindbohm. Sit Bortuzzo, except for the odd regular season game against a weak team.
I'm not defending Bortuzzo.

But ...

Wow.

You flipped your opinion based on one game?

Watching the game on TV?

WOW.

watched most of this. one of our problems is the same problem we have had for the last 20 years - at times, our guys look like they believe their own hype. this results in them trying to get cutesy rather than keeping the blue-collar work ethic, which is the only way this team will ever win. eventually they (as individuals) snap out of it, but will it be soon enough?

Topshelf331 wrote:Seems like this was an expiramental game. Weird line combos.A guy returning from a concussion, having never played for us. Ill chalk it up as another feeling things out game. I expect a lot of games like this leading to the playoffs. Especially when Shattenkirk returns.
From the look on Hitch's face during the post-game, I don't he got the feelings he was looking for.