Predict the Points Race in the West

After spending hours of studiously examining remaining scheduled games, past records, injury reports, and goat entrails, and then doing a final consultation with a random person at Breadco, here’s my WAG on the final standings.

St. Louis – 112 points. The key games are the remaining four with the Wild and the Stars and need to take six of those points.

Nashville – 106 points. Should get enough of their mojo back to hold off the Hawks.

Chicago – 105 points. I think we split with them but their key is 5 games against East including Rangers, Isles, and Philly. If the get 7-8 points in these games, probably surpass the Preds.

Winnipeg – 99 points. I have them playing as well as the Blues, but just not enough to get to third.

Minnesota – 98 points. Key games are the Blues and the Preds and need to do well against the East, especially Caps, Wings, and Rangers.

Dallas – 85 points. Lots of tough games let against teams solidly in the playoffs.

Colorado – 80 points. Much the same situation as Dallas.

Anaheim – 111 points. This is where games-in-hand helps the Blues. Their schedule is not unusually hard though.

Los Angeles – 101 points. I think they’ve turned it on and Quick is in playoff mode.

Vancouver – 97 points. All of their remaining games are against the West which makes it tough, but play just well enough to sneak into 3rd.

Calgary – 96 points. It will be a dogfight for third in the Pacific and the two wild card spots. Only play one game each against Jets and Wild.

San Jose – 95 points. Have 6 games against the East with tough one against the Pens, Wings, and Montreal. Need at least 8 points in those 6 games to make it.

Arizona – 57 points. Not much you can say.

Edmonton – 56 points. Even less you can say.

St. Louis v Minnesota, Nashville v Chicago, Anaheim v Winnipeg, LA v Vancouver in the first round