Re: Breaking: David Perron is in fact, David Perron

At least he scored the game winner in OT tonight. He projects to get 21 goals and 27 assists right after having a long drought. So, even with his streaks, he should end up outproducing Brouwer in points. He's reasonably responsible on defence, fights for the puck in the corners and for position in front of the net.If he starts on another hot streak now, I'd say he is playing good enough to warrant he signing.

Robb_K wrote:At least he scored the game winner in OT tonight. He projects to get 21 goals and 27 assists right after having a long drought. So, even with his streaks, he should end up outproducing Brouwer in points. He's reasonably responsible on defence, fights for the puck in the corners and for position in front of the net.If he starts on another hot streak now, I'd say he is playing good enough to warrant he signing.
DP is a "let it ride bet", especially with the season the Blues are having. I was a hater during his first stint, but I like his energy and he has demonstrated conformity with his skate color choice. Plus he nets a few.

Notebly Blue wrote:
Robb_K wrote:At least he scored the game winner in OT tonight. He projects to get 21 goals and 27 assists right after having a long drought. So, even with his streaks, he should end up outproducing Brouwer in points. He's reasonably responsible on defence, fights for the puck in the corners and for position in front of the net.If he starts on another hot streak now, I'd say he is playing good enough to warrant he signing.
DP is a "let it ride bet", especially with the season the Blues are having. I was a hater during his first stint, but I like his energy and he has demonstrated conformity with his skate color choice. Plus he nets a few.
Agreed. I was a big Perron fan, but his lack of discipline and refusal to play the system, wore me down his last two seasons here. He's clearly a better player now. Perhaps not as flashy, but certainly more effective because he's learned the value of playing with the team instead of trying to win it all himself. Besides, it's not like we have any better options in the minors right now.