Re: Hello Blues Fans......

I was just thinking about how long I'd been lurking/posting on the stltoday forums and I know it's been since around the start of those forums not sure the year...early 2000's perhaps. My profile somehow became "new" again in like 2010 for some reason?? Anyways, I was wondering if anyone remembers the old ESPN forums? I used to post there regularly from like 1998 or so until i switched to stltoday? Back when ESPN carried a hockey game almost every night. NHL2nite was pretty awesome as well.

rocketpop wrote:I was rocketpop on the original BNF, LGB, and Est. I was also rocketpop on STLToday, but lost my account somehow, so I was LastPaleLight over there as of recently.
but who are you here?

NHL2nite ruled. back when bucci was 110% awesome.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:It is nice to have a bit more freedom on here, but for any wanting to return to Blues talk, the option is still there if you message Mike Smith.
Mike Smith is a tool. He's the whole reason I never opened a new account. Dealing with him was like dealing with a 5th grade safety patrol kid with a stop sign.

rudy4u51 wrote:I was just thinking about how long I'd been lurking/posting on the stltoday forums and I know it's been since around the start of those forums not sure the year...early 2000's perhaps. My profile somehow became "new" again in like 2010 for some reason?? Anyways, I was wondering if anyone remembers the old ESPN forums? I used to post there regularly from like 1998 or so until i switched to stltoday? Back when ESPN carried a hockey game almost every night. NHL2nite was pretty awesome as well.
I got my start with the P-D forums in the early 2000's, as well. But was banned after a few years. So, I didn't knowingly go through the "new" profile thing. But, I was able to re register about 6 months ago. Just in time to realize that that place was getting overrun with numbskulls.

Other than that, I posted on the cbssportsline.com forums. That place was fast and furious. You post was buried 3 pages deep as soon as you hit submit. Almost impossible to keep tabs on a conversation.

StL Dan wrote:Other than that, I posted on the cbssportsline.com forums. That place was fast and furious. You post was buried 3 pages deep as soon as you hit submit. Almost impossible to keep tabs on a conversation.
this is why i didn't go to that other place everyone kept trying to get me to go, forgot the name. that, and only hockey is real. discussing baseball on a hockey forum makes as much sense as dancing about architecture.

StL Dan wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:I was just thinking about how long I'd been lurking/posting on the stltoday forums and I know it's been since around the start of those forums not sure the year...early 2000's perhaps. My profile somehow became "new" again in like 2010 for some reason?? Anyways, I was wondering if anyone remembers the old ESPN forums? I used to post there regularly from like 1998 or so until i switched to stltoday? Back when ESPN carried a hockey game almost every night. NHL2nite was pretty awesome as well.
I got my start with the P-D forums in the early 2000's, as well. But was banned after a few years. So, I didn't knowingly go through the "new" profile thing. But, I was able to re register about 6 months ago. Just in time to realize that that place was getting overrun with numbskulls.

Other than that, I posted on the cbssportsline.com forums. That place was fast and furious. You post was buried 3 pages deep as soon as you hit submit. Almost impossible to keep tabs on a conversation.
i hope this forum takes off. stltoday has always needed moderation. It finally reached a boiling point for pretty much everyone at the same time. I hope all of the regulars stick around here and keep joining. I know I will give it my best shot.

BluesSK wrote:it's really nice to see a lot of familiar names.
And yet, no "Stl. Fan in IA", "Simon in Canada", Gordie123", "Kimzey", "Irish Blues","BlueSwede","Prussian Blue", "Walt500", "bluemandan", "Billy Pilgrim" (or is he "CaptSMRT"?).

Did Beatoni make it over here? I thought I remember one post by him.