The Official Las Vegas NHL Team Name Is ...

So do you think they'll really announce the name this time? :|
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAS VEGAS NHL FRANCHISE TO UNVEIL NAME AND LOGO AT HISTORIC EVENT
Wednesday, November 16, 2016

LAS VEGAS (Nov. 16, 2016) – The Las Vegas NHL franchise invites the Vegas community to be a part of history as owner Bill Foley, general manager George McPhee and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman unveil the team's name and logo on Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016, at 5:30 p.m. PT on the Toshiba Plaza, outside of the T-Mobile arena.

This exciting and fun-filled event will feature live entertainment, activities for children, local youth hockey players skating on an outdoor rink, appearances by former NHL players and the sale of official team merchandise ...

The press event will be televised live on NHL Network and will be streamed live on NHL.com starting at 6 p.m. PT. ...

Read more at: https://www.vegasishockey.com/news-detail?recordNum=226

Re: The Official Las Vegas NHL Team Name Is ...

blue to the bone wrote:
T.C. wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
dealers[1].jpg
this is a joke, right?
I think it's pretty cool. ...
The "Dealers" logo was from a collection posted on ESPN.com earlier this year. I had never seen it before, and found it intriguing. The odds are still with some variation on "Knights" - despite the local objections.
Last edited by JMC-STL on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Official Las Vegas NHL Team Name Is ...

Doug Glatt wrote:... why put in golden? Should just be knights. Also why is it just Vegas? Last time I checked it is still LAS Vegas. Are we dropping the LOS in Los Angeles, too?
"Knights" reportedly would have run afoul of the Canadian trademark held by the OHL's London Knights.

As for the loss of "Las" (or is that the lass of "Los"?): I noticed that truncation immediately, but I've seen no significant web chatter about that choice. I guess "Las Vegas" is just a place, while "Vegas" is a state of mind. Like Billy Joel's "New York" ... or Jay Z's (feat Alicia Keys) "Empire" ... and "involuntary manslaughter" ... :twisted: