Re: Vermette or Sobotka?

He wouldn't be a bad signing if we were hard up for a 3rd pairing center. I've always liked him.
He's not as quick anymore but he can win face offs.
Too bad we have a roster full of 3rd line centers. At this point he would be redundant.
I would take him over sobotka along with the cap savings in a heart beat because I'd love to have more cap space but just my $.02

Ozzies09tc wrote:Sobotka+shatty for rick nash then sign vermette
There was a time when I thought Nash would be a great addition, but he has shown a disturbing tendency to become a dog at times. He presents tremendous potential, no doubt, but he worries me.

Cotton McKnight wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:Sobotka+shatty for rick nash then sign vermette
What? Are you a rags fan? :lol:

There are so many better options to pull from that team, well none that I am comfortable with, but hey I'm not in charge.
Nash and vermette is better than sobotka and deuces walking next yr ;)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I'd agree, no thanks on the Nash deal. Maybe shatty and sobie for......... Oh I don't know, krejci+ or stepan. This would help with the cap hit. Then you can sign vermette. For your 3rd line C.
Keeps steen on the wing of one of your top two lines........

I feel as if we've been talking about this same deal for 13 years. Holy hell, the season can't get here fast enough so we can start bitching about Hitchcock and his tiresome buy-in/ playing reckless/playing fast motto's he comes up with every year and runs into the ground by the start of season.

blue to the bone wrote:He wouldn't be a bad signing if we were hard up for a 3rd pairing center. I've always liked him.
Too bad we have a roster full of 3rd line centers. At this point he would be redundant.
I would take him over Sobotka along with the cap savings in a heart beat because I'd love to have more cap space but just my $.02
Has The NHL changed to 4 on 4 for regular play in the regular season and playoffs??? :lol:

Robb_K wrote:
blue to the bone wrote:He wouldn't be a bad signing if we were hard up for a 3rd pairing center. I've always liked him.
I would take him over Sobotka along with the cap savings in a heart beat because I'd love to have more cap space but just my $.02
Has The NHL changed to 4 on 4 for regular play in the regular season and playoffs??? :lol:
Zing. Try the veal folks

Robb_K wrote:
Unless he is a total d!ck, how can he center a pair? :lol:

AttackLemmings wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
There's a dirty joke in there somewhere, but I don't feel like digging hard enough to find it. :twisted:

AttackLemmings wrote:
Robb_K wrote:
Are we hard up yet for a third pair? :lol:

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here but the Sobotka I know will be one of the more important players on our team just like he has been in the past. He will continue to be one of Hitch's favorite options on the ice. I just don't think that would be the case with Vermette. Maybe I'm wrong and he gets traded or doesn't pass a physical or something stupid but if we get the Sobotka we had in the past for a full season, he will be very valuable IMO.

I'd take Sobotka over Vermette now. Vermette is no not very good on defence, and doesn't score enough to make up for it. Better off to play a young player who can improve on the 3rd Line. And The Blues have enough decent offensive players that Vermette wouldn't reall help the power play.