Re: I'm suffering...

I don't get into baseball so usually the last 2 weeks in July and the entire month of August are the worst 6 weeks of the year for me. EPL and College football help a bit and the junior hockey camps open late August so there is that as well. This year won't be as bad though because we get the World Cup of hockey starting in like 8 weeks and that will pretty much carry us through to the start of the NHL season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

JMC-STL wrote:The Australian Ice Hockey League runs from the latter part of April through the last weekend in August each year. Yeah, I know, attending games would be a bit of an economic burden for most of us. But the League does offer free streaming sometimes.
Where's the 'Roos, Wallabies and Koalas? Such generic hockey team names. Ice, North Stars, Thunder, Brave, Mustangs, Bears, Adrenaline, Ice Dogs. They need to spice it up for the international fans. ;)

I wonder if they use Australian slang for ice hockey terms? Is the penalty box called "the Barby"? Do they call a slapshot a "ripper"?

BluesSK wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:The Australian Ice Hockey League runs from the latter part of April through the last weekend in August each year. Yeah, I know, attending games would be a bit of an economic burden for most of us. But the League does offer free streaming sometimes.
Where's the 'Roos, Wallabies and Koalas? Such generic hockey team names. Ice, North Stars, Thunder, Brave, Mustangs, Bears, Adrenaline, Ice Dogs. They need to spice it up for the international fans. ;)

I wonder if they use Australian slang for ice hockey terms? Is the penalty box called "the Barby"? Do they call a slapshot a "ripper"?
cd2.jpg cd2.jpg Viewed 13551 times 19.09 KiB

BlueinNy wrote:I'm guessing the aussie hockey league is kinda like Jamaican bobsledding.
Actually, they're slightly more organized. AIHL level of play is roughly equivalent to North American Single-A pro hockey, without the paychecks. The most noteworthy oddity is that they play 2-fifteen minute periods & a 20-minute third period. I'm just guessing that's for the purpose of reducing the cost of ice time for the teams. Plus, most of them play in community rinks & there could be a group of impatient kangaroo boxing participants waiting for the space. :?:

ETA: This is an enlightening article from the IIHF about the Down Under experiences of former NCAA Div III D-man Rob Malloy who played several years in the AIHL ... Malloy on Aussie ice

Yesterday was the most I felt the lack of hockey so far this summer. Today there have been a bunch of smaller news items like Carolina extending their coach and Mrazek signing a two year deal. It's not much, but I'll take it. August is gonna be brutal.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:I'd been doing just fine until I opened my Twitter feed and the first two posts I saw were Backed in a Bruins jersey and Elliott in a Flames jersey. After that I sort of lost it.
Seeing Elliott in a Flames jersey should make real Blues fans reach for the Preparation H every time.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Oates2Hullie450 wrote:I'd been doing just fine until I opened my Twitter feed and the first two posts I saw were Backed in a Bruins jersey and Elliott in a Flames jersey. After that I sort of lost it.
Seeing Elliott in a Flames jersey should make real Blues fans reach for the Preparation H every time.
That's why they call it the Blues.