Re: The passing of a legend - Mr Hockey

JMC-STL wrote:I'm sure Mr. Hockey & Mr. Everything will get along just fine. Jesus had a little bad ass in Him, too. "And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables." -- John 2:15

The history behind this comment goes something like this...someone was somewhere once and they happened to over hear a redneck exclaim..."Yeah I knew him, he was a bad ass till he died and met Jesus.", now it lives on as a statement of respect for the passing of any person of high regard.

Very sad. He was my hero growing up (even though he was from our rival province). I remember him in his prime, starting from 1951. I rate him over Gretzky and Lemieux. I thought he would never die. :(

He was the best, ever, and a great man, too. He was a super representative of our game and our country. Salt of the Earth farm boy from The Great Plains. We'll miss him greatly. I was glad to have met him. He always had time for kids.

RIP, he lived a fine life. will certainly be the last person to play in his 50s. 26 seasons and ambidextrous. pretty goddamn amazing.

gotta say, this may be the last place i expected to visit and find someone quoting the bible. probably best to leave it an isolated occurrence so we all continue to get along.

and i'm sure we can all agree on one sentiment: FUCK THE RED WINGS.

well, most of us.

I met him about 15 years ago at a signing. He was such a great person. He actually thanked ME for coming out. Inscribed the 11x17 with "To Ted, All the best!" and shook my hand. I knew I was standing in front of greatness and I'm sure I came across as an awestruck child. I was 30...lol. The hockey world lost a great one.