Re: GDT WCF Gm 3: Blues @ Sharts, 8p, NBCSN

Backes wrote:But we just haven’t created enough quality chances to really test them and make him make save after save like what we can do when we’re really on our game. The result has been a couple of scoreless games for us. It’s not the way we’re going to win games.
so you're not going to win games by not scoring? brilliant analysis.
insideout wrote:I suppose you could go on and on about how the Blues need to do this and the Blues need to do that, but all I I'm seeing is that one team is simply better than the other in all facets of the game. Team in teal is faster and stronger. Not sure how to fix that.
i'm with you. but, it's also evident that we haven't "played our game", despite hitch assuring us that "we'd be better" yesterday, when the reality is it was our worst game in not just the playoffs but a long time. just awful. look at the number of hits we had compared to the last two rounds where we had success. is that on the players or is that just SJ managing the game? i can't even tell at this point.

also, while shattenkirk has been pretty bad the entire post season, he was abysmal last night. i mean, 98% of the team was as well (they made Bouwmeester look like one of our best players), but he was truly and spectacularly awful. what the fuck is happening with this guy? is he hercules, did he keep his skills in his hair? are he and vova roommates? "we need our best players to be our best players" is so cliched, but when your fourth line is the best line by a mile, it's pretty obvious this is one fucked team right now. they need to pull their collective heads out of their asses, pronto, or we'll just be bogus too, yeah?

Re: GDT WCF Gm 3: Blues @ Sharts, 8p, NBCSN

They look like a VERY tired team. Back-to-Back game 7's against two very good teams. Parayko has never played this many games in a season, nor has Fabbri. At least Edmundson gets benched from time to time. They just look out of gas, which really makes San Jose look quicker than they probably are.

They abandoned their hitting game. LOTS of problems to sort out and the clock is ticking. I'm sure we see Reaves next game.