Re: GDT: Rnd 2, Game 7, Blues vs Stars 7PM NBCSN

Turk Sanderson wrote:
barnburner wrote:Not bad for a team with an idiot for a coach, a terrible captain, and a sieve for a starting goalie.
You St Louis Elliotts... :lol:
nah, we won in spite of his terrible coaching decisions, Backes' lack of leadership, along with Dallas' inability to capitalize on scoring chances ;)

BTW, anyone know who makes the best canned crow? I think I'm due to eat some :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dave's a mess wrote:You know what I could really go for tonight? A shitty goal allowed by Lehtonen. As much talk as there has been about the poor Dallas goaltending, most of the bad goals came on Niemi's watch. Come on Kari, do us a solid here.
you should wish more often.
Robb_K wrote:They've got to get rid of that rule! That being really close had no bearing on that goal being scored. That's 2 times a goal was taken away from Tarasenko because the refs can't possibly see that close.
Robb_K wrote:The refs cheated them by missing an offsides and taking away a goal that was scored because of good play - NOT due to The Stars stopping playing.
yes. this "offsides is good for review" thing is fucking stupid. it has to be situational. i mean, if someone was offsides CLEARLY on a breakaway or something that lead directly to a goal, and the refs missed it, fine. but the two we have been denied, being offsides had nothing to do with the play. everyone kept skating and that millimeter didn't change anything.
BlueinNy wrote:Can't wait for Milbury to tell us how bad Dallas played instead of how good the boys played.#milbury sucks
didn't have to wait long. i fucking hate that guy. and even the guy assigned to be our advocate, jonesy, only did so begrudgingly. even my wife who has no idea asked why these guys hate the blues.
barnburner wrote:Now, let's get Moose that game 7 shutout
seriously, wtf is the matter with you?

fabbri - amazing. that first goal, i don't even know how you roof that on your backhand from there, let alone the fact that he was there to do it in the first place. then that pass on the brouwer goal, holy shit - through two defenders, even. don't know how you make that. he was throwing his body around, pushing stars' players off the puck... i mean, a 20-year old kid in a 2nd round game 7 with 3 points? christ. his line had 9 points last night alone. our future looks very bright.

T.C. wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:You know what I could really go for tonight? A shitty goal allowed by Lehtonen. As much talk as there has been about the poor Dallas goaltending, most of the bad goals came on Niemi's watch. Come on Kari, do us a solid here.
Robb_K wrote:They've got to get rid of that rule! That being really close had no bearing on that goal being scored. That's 2 times a goal was taken away from Tarasenko because the refs can't possibly see that close.
Robb_K wrote:The refs cheated them by missing an offsides and taking away a goal that was scored because of good play - NOT due to The Stars stopping playing.
yes. this "offsides is good for review" thing is fucking stupid. it has to be situational. i mean, if someone was offsides CLEARLY on a breakaway or something that lead directly to a goal, and the refs missed it, fine. but the two we have been denied, being offsides had nothing to do with the play. everyone kept skating and that millimeter didn't change anything.
BlueinNy wrote:Can't wait for Milbury to tell us how bad Dallas played instead of how good the boys played.#milbury sucks
didn't have to wait long. i fucking hate that guy. and even the guy assigned to be our advocate, jonesy, only did so begrudgingly. even my wife who has no idea asked why these guys hate the blues.

fabbri - amazing. that first goal, i don't even know how you roof that on your backhand from there, let alone the fact that he was there to do it in the first place. then that pass on the brouwer goal, holy shit - through two defenders, even. don't know how you make that. he was throwing his body around, pushing stars' players off the puck... i mean, a 20-year old kid in a 2nd round game 7 with 3 points? christ. his line had 9 points last night alone. our future looks very bright.
Nicely done.....those are great!

elrayox wrote:Eddie Olczyk is such a lump. The Blues were just "a little better"....6-1, 4-1, 6-1...25-14 outscoring, hmmmmm, guarantee that if it was the other way around, it would have been a "dominating" Dallas performance. And no, Seguin would not have made up that difference.
You just KNEW that Seguin missing excuse from media was coming...
Never mind that they had a darn near full roster ALL YEAR, where we didn't and STILL put up a helluva fight for top spot...
No respect until we win it all, I guess...

They were almost sighing each time they finished a sentence about the Blues... Pains them to even have to talk about us... LOVE IT!!!

AttackLemmings wrote:
elrayox wrote:Eddie Olczyk is such a lump. The Blues were just "a little better"....6-1, 4-1, 6-1...25-14 outscoring, hmmmmm, guarantee that if it was the other way around, it would have been a "dominating" Dallas performance. And no, Seguin would not have made up that difference.
You just KNEW that Seguin missing excuse from media was coming...
Never mind that they had a darn near full roster ALL YEAR, where we didn't and STILL put up a helluva fight for top spot...
No respect until we win it all, I guess...

They were almost sighing each time they finished a sentence about the Blues... Pains them to even have to talk about us... LOVE IT!!!
Pains Bettman even worse. :lol:

I don't know about all that. While the off ice idiots, Bert and Ernie are just dopes if it's not the 'hawks or Rangers, the play by play and even Pierre/ other announcers were actually very pro-Blues IMHO for most of the Dallas series. Then again, I had to listen to about 1/2 dozen 'hawk broadcasts during the QF since CSN provides the idiots for the NBCSN we out of market folks get to watch :cry:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Matangama wrote:
T.C. wrote:

Tremendous hospitality deep in the heart of Texas. I ask for 1 shitty goal and we got...well a lot more than that. I was actually pretty worried that the only soft goal we'd be getting was the one Vladi had called back. Silly me!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

bradleygt89 wrote:I don't know about all that. While the off ice idiots, Bert and Ernie are just dopes if it's not the 'hawks or Rangers, the play by play and even Pierre/ other announcers were actually very pro-Blues IMHO for most of the Dallas series. Then again, I had to listen to about 1/2 dozen 'hawk broadcasts during the QF since CSN provides the idiots for the NBCSN we out of market folks get to watch :cry:
Those clowns are "pro-whomever is winning at that particular moment" Thank God Hitch pulled Elliott in game six when he did, 'cause if I had to hear Pierre fluffing Lindy Ruff any more , I think I would have needed a new TV for game seven. Milbury couldn't be a bigger douche-nozzle if he tried... I think Jones is OK... it just sucks that you can't have your home-team's announcers at this stage of the play-offs. I really don't give a shit which high school, program, or province the players come from. :o Imagine that the great Dan Kelly was still alive, and we had to trade his play-by-play for this....rant suspended :)

Dave's a mess wrote:
Matangama wrote:
T.C. wrote: you should wish more often.

Tremendous hospitality deep in the heart of Texas. I ask for 1 shitty goal and we got...well a lot more than that. I was actually pretty worried that the only soft goal we'd be getting was the one Vladi had called back. Silly me!
I'm glad that the Blues scored enough to take the outcome out of the zebra's hands.