Re: Former Blues Talk Members

I also was not banned (I don't post very often over on BT anymore anyway), but I've finally gotten sick and tired of a few posters hijacking threads and repeating themselves ad nauseam with the same old drivel. IMHO, it's worse now than back in the "MMD" and "PleauMustGeau" days, as more and more of the GOOD posters have left, or at least, curtailed their posting. It's just become tedious over there.

Hopefully this will be a new start for some great posts and (Can it be?!?) some actual good natured FUN!

Bob

I've only been here a couple of days and I have to say it's a breath of fresh air. Though I wasn't banned from Blues Talk (probably because I never posted in the infamous gif thread - but for the record I surely enjoyed viewing it), I'm currently not planning on posting over there anymore. As a perfect example, I just went to look at a thread about Michalek skating and instead found a pissing contest about how bad Elliot played last night. Sound familiar? What I've found here is that everyone seems to stay on topic and be civil. There might be some good-natured heckling between posters here, but it hasn't seemed to devolve into hateful nastiness. I sure hope it stays that way. If so I look forward to being around for awhile.

Battra wrote:
scottie18 wrote:I'd love to see Billy move over here, but, based on his history with the people talking this forum up that's not going to happen. Too bad.
I would be surprised if he made the jump.

STLtoday's Blues Talk has always been his online home.
Even though he talks about how he doesn't post on there hardly because of the lack of quality conversation.

RAFritchey wrote:I also was not banned (I don't post very often over on BT anymore anyway), but I've finally gotten sick and tired of a few posters hijacking threads and repeating themselves ad nauseam with the same old drivel. IMHO, it's worse now than back in the "MMD" and "PleauMustGeau" days, as more and more of the GOOD posters have left, or at least, curtailed their posting. It's just become tedious over there.

Hopefully this will be a new start for some great posts and (Can it be?!?) some actual good natured FUN!

Bob
Yeah, but he really did need to go.

Battra wrote:
scottie18 wrote:I'd love to see Billy move over here, but, based on his history with the people talking this forum up that's not going to happen. Too bad.

It wouldn't be because of that, it's because of some of the people here. The ones who spent a lot of time going after him at stltoday.

I haven't posted too much here yet, but man what a breath of fresh air it is. Going back over to Bluestalk, it seems like the bickering and negativity has become that much more concentrated...I'm all for spirited discussion or disagreement but the vibe here is so much more enjoyable. Let's hope it keeps up! Great to see so many old BT posters here.

Sneptsmoustache wrote:I haven't posted too much here yet, but man what a breath of fresh air it is. Going back over to Bluestalk, it seems like the bickering and negativity has become that much more concentrated...I'm all for spirited discussion or disagreement but the vibe here is so much more enjoyable. Let's hope it keeps up! Great to see so many old BT posters here.
You need to get Harold's picture in your sig., though. :D

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Why hasn't Matangma made it over here? Wasn't he banned too?
He was, he has a new name over there though. I won't say what it is because when I said my new username over there in here it got banned (guess Mikey lurks over here :lol: )
I thought for sure he would have made the switch.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

scottie18 wrote:
Battra wrote:

It wouldn't be because of that, it's because of some of the people here. The ones who spent a lot of time going after him at stltoday.
If they'd be willing to bury the hatchet..........

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
He was, he has a new name over there though. I won't say what it is because when I said my new username over there in here it got banned (guess Mikey lurks over here :lol: )
Find out who he is and kick his ass out! :D

Turk Sanderson wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Find out who he is and kick his ass out! :D
He tried to sign up here but he doesn't know what a gordie howe hat trick is and he misspell version 2008