GDT: St Louis Blues vs Philly - 7:00pm - 3/12/15

FLYERS (28-27-13) at BLUES (42-19-5)

TV: CSN-PH, FS-MW

Blues team scope: St. Louis had an optional skate Wednesday in preparation for the Flyers. Defenseman Jay Bouwmeester (illness) and forward Olli Jokinen (upper body) each skated and coach Ken Hitchcock said if they came out of practice feeling good, they would play. "He says he feels really good today, so that's a good sign," Hitchcock said of Bouwmeester, who's missed the past two games. "I would say for sure, if he has a good day today, he's going to play [Thursday]. Same with [Jokinen]; if he has a good day today, he's going to play [Thursday]." Defenseman Zbynek Michalek (concussion) skated Wednesday and is getting closer to making his Blues debut after being acquired prior to the NHL Trade Deadline. "Definitely I'm getting closer and closer," Michalek said. "I've been skating for a while now. I feel good." Goalie Brian Elliott will make his fourth consecutive start. The Blues began a stretch of nine games in 15 days Tuesday with a 5-4 victory against the Winnipeg Jets.
Flyers team scope: Since defeating the Blues on home ice, Philadelphia has lost three in a row, including a 2-1 home loss to the Dallas Stars on Tuesday. The Flyers have taken one of a possible six points to fall nine points behind the Boston Bruins for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Eastern Conference. Boston has two games in hand on Philadelphia, plus the Flyers are behind the Florida Panthers and Ottawa Senators. "Our goal is still to make the playoffs," general manager Ron Hextall told the Flyers website. "Until we're officially out, that will continue to be our goal. ... We've shown how good we can be, and at times we haven't been very good. That's the part that's frustrating because it's there." Goalie Ray Emery is the projected starter.
Last edited by wizard pork sword on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Philly - 7:00pm - 3/12/15

Here we go again...SOB line or JOB line or BOP line or...come on Hitch.

Per Korac: Porter-Backes-Oshie, Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko, Steen-Stastny-Jaskin, Ott-Goc-Reaves. Jokinen/Berglund extras.

He can't STAND to leave them alone. We are almost in the twilight of the regular season. He has to stop with the line juggling. I think it is great that Stastny gets Steen as a winger, but this isn't the time to make the switch. And how long into the game are these lines going to last? 2 min, 20 min? Rant over.

Notebly Blue wrote:Here we go again...SOB line or JOB line or BOP line or...come on Hitch.

Per Korac: Porter-Backes-Oshie, Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko, Steen-Stastny-Jaskin, Ott-Goc-Reaves. Jokinen/Berglund extras.

He can't STAND to leave them alone. We are almost in the twilight of the regular season. He has to stop with the line juggling. I think it is great that Stastny gets Steen as a winger, but this isn't the time to make the switch. And how long into the game are these lines going to last? 2 min, 20 min? Rant over.
HONESTLY...

This is not a game we need to win.

Philly is a good team and I think it's important to see what some different line combos can do.

If a player goes down in the first round...it's important to know what your options are.

Notebly Blue wrote:Here we go again...SOB line or JOB line or BOP line or...come on Hitch.

Interesting. Well, Porter definitely brings more physicality to the line-up than the two extras.

He's left everything alone but the Oshie - Backes - Steen line, which has been terribly ineffective offensively in big games (including repeated post seasons).

I applaud him for trying to find someone to put on that line who is capable of getting to the center of the offensive ice.

He tried Jaskin there, but he needs (and has left alone) the chemistry he has with Stastny.