Re: GDT: Blues vs Blackhawks Game 1 (8:30PM) FSMW

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:So I had nothing to drink through regulation, but poured a scotch for the start of OT. Only logical solution is a scotch every period through the playoffs, right? This series really might kill me after all.
Yeah....I may be smoking a lot of ribs between now and the Stanley Cup Parade down Clark Street.
Turk if you feel like sending any of those ribs into the Lion'so Den in Chicago, you've got a taker. Those looked ridiculous.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:So I had nothing to drink through regulation, but poured a scotch for the start of OT. Only logical solution is a scotch every period through the playoffs, right? This series really might kill me after all.
Yeah....I may be smoking a lot of ribs between now and the Stanley Cup Parade down Clark Street.
Turk if you feel like sending any of those ribs into the Lion'so Den in Chicago, you've got a taker. Those looked ridiculous.
They were... that smoker is amazing. :)

Turk Sanderson wrote:
BluesSK wrote:Three clear cut penalties by the Hawks and Chicago finally gets called.
Name another profession that a person can do so poorly, and keep on getting paid.
meteorologist?
39hurricane wrote:From DGB today:

One player to watch: In a series full of big names, keep an eye on Chicago defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk.
good call.

watching this game last night, almost every "shot" we got came from the perimeter. this does not bode well. we'd best get our shit together.

T.C. wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
BluesSK wrote:Three clear cut penalties by the Hawks and Chicago finally gets called.
Name another profession that a person can do so poorly, and keep on getting paid.
meteorologist?
39hurricane wrote:From DGB today:

One player to watch: In a series full of big names, keep an eye on Chicago defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk.
good call.

watching this game last night, almost every "shot" we got came from the perimeter. this does not bode well. we'd best get our shit together.

We obviously didn't get as many pucks on the net as we'd all like, but I feel like we just missed about 3-4 open net chances. With all the bs time we had to spend killing penalties, I feel good, not great about the series going forward.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Robb_K wrote:The Blues will need a lucky bounce and Elliott to continue playing fabulously.
Robb_K is a prophet!!!

HOLY BALLS!!! WHAT A GAME!
Good news is that Steener was waiting for that Backes pass, so it was over even if TVR didn't kick it in!
BTW< did everyone see TVR alligator arm the puck along the boards instead of getting in front of Stasny who was bearing down on him! Stastny got the puck with ease... I think the kid is scared already!!