Re: The quintessential battra thread

Qapod The Mortician wrote:This a feel good battra thread.

Happy times.

A happy place.
That's fine. Like I said, I just don't quite get it. But I'm all for having some fun, so have at it.

(The tough part about this type of communication is that it could be very easy to think I was being an ass even though I'm just trying to understand.)
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote:
Qapod The Mortician wrote:This a feel good battra thread.

Happy times.

A happy place.
That's fine. Like I said, I just don't quite get it. But I'm all for having some fun, so have at it.

(The tough part about this type of communication is that it could be very easy to think I was being an ass even though I'm just trying to understand.)
I could be wrong because I didn't read through all the battra threads, but I took it as one horse's ass trying to make a big deal out of something real asinine and then people started having fun with it. Maybe I was drunk though and the fun part was all in my head, that's always a possibility.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:And to answer your first question, I'm not sure that anything anybody has ever posted on any internet forum is really necessary.
Perfect smart ass answer to my smart ass question.

:bananaride: :dancingbanana:
Love the new banana 'smiles'
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Battra wrote:OK...

Hi there.

As long as people are being nice, you may speak about me, of me, to me, and near me.

I'll also answer questions about my history, my viewpoints, and world history cross referenced with religious context.

:D
LOL...

You sure pissed in someone's Wheaties over there. When I landed in San Fran waiting for my connection home, I hopped on Blues Talk, and your thread was up to something like 45 pages. That's Fantastic...

Best Battra memory. I'll never forget your assistance with my students next History 304 assignment, comparing the running of an NHL franchise with that of Feudal Japan. They ALL stated that was the best assignment they ever had. Hell, some of them were so good I gave them to Don to read, as I knew he'd get a kick out of them.

Hockey Pete wrote:

Hi there.

As long as people are being nice, you may speak about me, of me, to me, and near me.

I'll also answer questions about my history, my viewpoints, and world history cross referenced with religious context.

LOL...

You sure pissed in someone's Wheaties over there. When I landed in San Fran waiting for my connection home, I hopped on Blues Talk, and your thread was up to something like 45 pages. That's Fantastic...

Best Battra memory. I'll never forget your assistance with my students next History 304 assignment, comparing the running of an NHL franchise with that of Feudal Japan. They ALL stated that was the best assignment they ever had. Hell, some of them were so good I gave them to Don to read, as I knew he'd get a kick out of them.
Honestly...

I know I can come off...with an ego sometimes...

But really...what in the world is that thread about?

At first it was an ego boost, then it became scary...that thread made me decide it was time to leave that forum as an active participant.

If this experiment fails, I'll find somewhere else to talk hockey, but I'm going to do my level best to keep traffic, posts, etc.

Can you refresh my memory about that analogy? I only have a vague recollection of it...was that after my divorce when I was drinking too much? :D

Battra wrote:
Hockey Pete wrote:

Hi there.

LOL...

Honestly...

I know I can come off...with an ego sometimes...

But really...what in the world is that thread about?

At first it was an ego boost, then it became scary...that thread made me decide it was time to leave that forum as an active participant.

If this experiment fails, I'll find somewhere else to talk hockey, but I'm going to do my level best to keep traffic, posts, etc.

Can you refresh my memory about that analogy? I only have a vague recollection of it...was that after my divorce when I was drinking too much? :D
I know it was in 06/07, because I was bitching about working the upcoming NHL combine after working the previous one (the one with EJ), and knew I was pretty much going to be a slave for a few weeks. I started a thread about what history assignment to keep my students busy while I was gone, and you suggested the above. At first we all got a laugh out of it, but the more I thought on it, I figured that it would force the kids to really use that noodle of theirs.

Blues Talk was a much better forum back then, as we embraced the SUCK, and leaned on each for support instead of throwing insults.