take care guys

Having problems posting here. For some reason I get kicked offline when I try to post. Not every time but enough to drive me crazy. It's been fun and take care.
Dropping bluestalk to. It's to depressing since you guys left. Seems the whiners and trolls win that one.

Re: take care guys

rcbcmr wrote:Having problems posting here. For some reason I get kicked offline when I try to post. Not every time but enough to drive me crazy. It's been fun and take care.
Dropping bluestalk to. It's to depressing since you guys left. Seems the whiners and trolls win that one.
Please don't leave too quickly; I've only been here for 45 seconds, and I'm already praying it holds up. Pages load! It's so amazing!

PD forums are so bad I literally have to install an ad blocker. Going to the website crashes my browser more often than not.

wizard pork sword wrote:I haven't experienced anything like that but just some basic trouble shooting to determine if it's you or the site.

See if you experience the same behavior on multiple browsers

Clear your cache on the main browser you use.

I use Chrome with zero issues.
Firefox works fine too, if that helps narrow it down.

wizard pork sword wrote:I haven't experienced anything like that but just some basic trouble shooting to determine if it's you or the site.

See if you experience the same behavior on multiple browsers

Clear your cache on the main browser you use.

I use Chrome with zero issues.

I'm on my Galaxy5...kind of not sweet, but I'm not really picky.

I just can't imagine the PD site working and this site crashing for anyone using the same browser for both. I use IE11 primarily and it works like a champ. I had to run Chrome with Script Safe to use the PD site (I'm sure this is well known, but that's how you read the "premium" articles).

In addition to other browsers and clearing web cache maybe try another connection if you can. Use the hotspot on your phone as the connection, work or whatever. Maybe flush your dns cache (command prompt then type ipconfig /flushdns)

It's probably something local though. This site is pretty simple. There doesn't appear to be much going on that usually contributes to crashing web browsers.

I'm sure its my equipment. I am working off a three year old HTC and have the same problem at hfboards. Only there I can get tossed at any time.

I'll keep trying but might not post much. That might be better for you all anyway.

Just to let you know I am THE MAN who lives in a van down by the river. Well a small RV anyway. Space is to say the least is a limited. :P

rcbcmr wrote:I'm sure its my equipment. I am working off a three year old HTC and have the same problem at hfboards. Only there I can get tossed at any time.

I'll keep trying but might not post much. That might be better for you all anyway.

Just to let you know I am THE MAN who lives in a van down by the river. Well a small RV anyway. Space is to say the least is a limited. :P

I'm praying for you.

CaptSMRT wrote:
rcbcmr wrote:I'm sure its my equipment. I am working off a three year old HTC and have the same problem at hfboards. Only there I can get tossed at any time.

I'm praying for you.
Thanks but I'm here by choice. Never did like going to the furniture store anyways. BTW haven't had a problem posting today.

rcbcmr wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

I'm praying for you.
Thanks but I'm here by choice. Never did like going to the furniture store anyways. BTW haven't had a problem posting today.
I'm not a carpenter...if you want I could build you a bird house or maybe a shelf?

Battra wrote:Carcus found an android app you might be able to use.
So, I uninstalled it. It looked great, but everything wasn't loading all the time. It was odd. I would open a thread and sometimes it would work fine, then others would have page one for all five pages. Couldn't figure out how to not have it post that blurb at the end of each post either.

Looking around, there were a couple of pay apps that had good reviews. But I don't care enough to put some money into an app I haven't at least tested. So I am going with just the mobile site for now....

weird. obviously i didn't have any kind of sample size prior to like a week ago to know if there were any issues or who my userbase was. if you're going to be trying to post from your phone regularly, i'll look into a more extensible format. if you are having issues posting from a computer/tablet, that is different - let me know.

It seems to have worked itself out. It has. Only done it once since since i,rebooted my phone. Figured it was me being lazy

Thanks for the help. May not have a high hockey iq but I like it here. Still some good posters at blues talk but for the most part it is flea infected. Don't down any time there.