Re: GDT: Blues vs Senators 7PM

39hurricane wrote:oh and nice job Petro on that last play not getting the puck out of the zone.

You punks think youre going to win a playoff round. Not likely.

Trade Petro tomorrow morning.
I'm really starting to come around to the trade petro idea.

We've been "defensive oriented" for how many wasted seasons now?

And people like to point to our past, with hull/oates/shanny and say how many cups did that bring?

Newsflash. The nhl has CHANGED.

PITT won the cup, name another d-man besides gonchar on their team without looking it up.

Thats not fair their eastern.

Blackcocks had keith/seabrook

We have bouw/shatt
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

39hurricane wrote:oh and nice job Petro on that last play not getting the puck out of the zone.

You punks think youre going to win a playoff round. Not likely.

Trade Petro tomorrow morning.
Funny stuff. The Ottawa player goes heels first into the boards and Blues still can't get the puck out of the zone.

This team isn't even entertaining to watch and that is what really irks me. I'd rather see a fun product play .500 hockey than this garbage. We know this team isn't good enough to win the Cup, let alone win a playoff series so why don't they cut loose and give the fans a show.

Hopefully the 20 minute delay before Hitch's post-game presser meant he and Army were in a meeting with Stillman and they were asked to leave their keys. Then again, I'm a Blues fan so I can't have anything nice. Still, I managed to screw up the "Mr. Senator" contest late in the 1st period tonight so I've got that going for me! :oops:

BluesSK wrote:One more thing.

Paul Stastny is an absolute waste of seven million dollars a season. I'd rather have Yan back at the league minimum.
This. Just glad they got him off a line with Tarasenko. At this point he is on pace to make a million dollars per goal scored this season, sweet deal...

39hurricane wrote:Somebody willing to fight is wearing Carl Gunnarsson's jersey
yeah, dude was completely owned, in trouble from the get-go. but at least he did it. reaves has one major this season, right? another fucking waste. what happened to that guy? what happened to "reckless"? this team is more like "wreck-full".
39hurricane wrote:You gotta be fucking kidding me. SHOOT THE PUCK!!! Its 3 on 3 overtime. your wide open.
*you're

what was that line last night - backes, paarvi, stastny? yeah, we're in real trouble here folks.

oh, and as goofy as panger is, he's 1000% better than that babbling alzheimer's patient bernie. respect to the guy's game, but get him out from behind any mic or camera.

i can't even watch these games. it's fucking sickening. last night was the first game i watched in awhile, and i only made it through two periods before bailing. as i've said many times, i'd rather watch a losing team that was at the cap floor full of guys that actually try and care than this fucking shit. how many millions have we wasted on stastny and berglund over the years? how many times are owners going to make excuses for them still being here? believe me, they're not the only ones, just the front of my mind right now.

this team makes me ill. and the brass is doing nothing.

T.C. wrote:

this team makes me ill. and the brass is doing nothing.

me:
maybe they will Sunday after the boys drop the remaining three games this week.

I've had this week's games on my radar for some time now thinking how the season's fate might come down to this week. I don't even think Schwartz would make much of a difference unfortunately.
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

TR-USA wrote:

Paul Stastny is an absolute waste of seven million dollars a season. I'd rather have Yan back at the league minimum.
This. Just glad they got him off a line with Tarasenko. At this point he is on pace to make a million dollars per goal scored this season, sweet deal...
As long as we're doing math, Parayko ($858,750) has more goals at the halfway mark than Stastny and Petro combined ($13.5m).

insideout wrote:
TR-USA wrote:

As long as we're doing math, Parayko ($858,750) has more goals at the halfway mark than Stastny and Petro combined ($13.5m).
LOL :shock: :shock:

I think we need a coaching change more than we need to move any significant pieces. I don't think Hitch will be around next year, and I bet (assuming our new HC isn't Brad freaking Shaw) that a few players, Petro and JBo specifically, would be much better and much more productive under a different coach.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I think we need a coaching change more than we need to move any significant pieces. I don't think Hitch will be around next year, and I bet (assuming our new HC isn't Brad freaking Shaw) that a few players, Petro and JBo specifically, would be much better and much more productive under a different coach.
At what point are the players accountable? It always seems to be the coach taking the fall. Same players for a large part, new coaches.
We may need a new voice but I'm not letting the players off the hook here. Their execution lately(getting/taking shots on goal) has been dog shit!

blue to the bone wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:I think we need a coaching change more than we need to move any significant pieces. I don't think Hitch will be around next year, and I bet (assuming our new HC isn't Brad freaking Shaw) that a few players, Petro and JBo specifically, would be much better and much more productive under a different coach.
At what point are the players accountable? It always seems to be the coach taking the fall. Same players for a large part, new coaches.
We may need a new voice but I'm not letting the players off the hook here. Their execution lately(getting/taking shots on goal) has been dog shit!
I don't disagree, but Petro/JBo have only been here for one coach--not someone like Backes for example.

On the two players I specifically mentioned, its pretty clear to me, as someone who has watched about half of the Blues home games at STC and 90% of the other games on TV, that Petro and JBo are being coached to not take chances. They're out there constantly against other teams best players and they are always making the safe play. Then, when we get behind late in a game, all of a sudden Petro starts playing like the Petro we watched in '13, skating up and down the ice, pressing the rush forward, making dangerous passes in the offensive zone, etc., because Hitch obviously has to start taking more chances. Petro should be playing like that all the time, IMO. Hitch has Shatty now putting up points so he can let him take chances on the PP and against worse players at ES.

Additionally, while Shatty has been great on the PP lately I think we can agree we can't move on from Petro. Shattenkirk is -9 playing against 2nd tier guys.

Looking into it more, zone starts between the guys:

Petro: 47.9% of his shifts start in offensive zone, 51.9% of his shifts finish in the offensive zone (+4, decent).
Shatty: 59.1% (!!!) of his shifts start in offensive zone, 49.9% of his shifts finish in the offensive zone (-9.2--not good at all). Keep in mind that is also with Petro playing against better players!

Parayko might still develop, but its become pretty clear that only one of those guys can play against top opposition.

Between my personal observations and those stats, its pretty clear to me the coaching staff has pretty much more or less castrated most chances Petro/JBo have on offense this season.

Part of casting Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester in a more exclusively defensive role is that we no longer have proven, steady stay-at-home guys like Polak and Jackman for those assignments. They were often whipping boys, but they usually provided VERY steady, if unspectacular, defense. We flipped Polak for Gunnarson, knowing it would be downgrading our defense in return for more puck moving skill, and we let Jackman walk to make room for Parayko/Edmundson.

Everyone wanted to "PLAY THE ROOKIES!" Well, now they are, and guess what? We've got a team with a high level of talent that's playing inconsistently... Sounds like a team heavy in rookies, including a third of our defense.