Re: John Scott is leading the NHL All Star Vote

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
insideout wrote:I don't understand. I get that it's mockery, but what exactly is being mocked? The All-Star Game? The voting process? The NHL in general?
The voting process, I imagine. I will actually watch the AS game though if I get to see John Scott lumber around 3 on 3 versus the best players in the world. That will be hilarious.
I like the 3-on-3 tournament format and plan to watch regardless. First time I've been interested in an all star game in a long time. I suppose it could be funny to see an idiot goon thrown out there in that format, but after a shift or two, the novelty would wear off. I've seen overmatched people who can barely skate on the ice with highly skilled players plenty of times in rec hockey. It's not all that entertaining.

Ozzies09tc wrote:I dont want winner to have home ice advantage.

Id rather have 2 days of skills comps
I agree. And the 3-on-3 is essentially just that. All star games suck because no one is going to risk injury by competing seriously in a meaningless game. Plus, the players have no time (or reason) to practice together and the coaches have no time (or reason) to instill any kind of game plan or system, so it's just bad hockey. MLB created the home-field prize, and the their all star game still sucks... only now they're letting the outcome of the season's least important game influence the outcome of the season's most important games. The game will never be highly competitive, so let them display their skills and leave it at that.

Even John Scott performing a jester routine would be more entertaining than the traditional all star game format. Heck, I was more interested in the '14 and '15 all star "drafts," than I was the games.

insideout wrote:MLB created the home-field prize, and the their all star game still sucks... only now they're letting the outcome of the season's least important game influence the outcome of the season's most important games.
i don't watch that garbage, but i see the point. well taken.
insideout wrote:Heck, I was more interested in the '14 and '15 all star "drafts," than I was the games.
+1