Re: GDT: Blues vs Panthers 7PM FSMW

Doug Glatt wrote:
39hurricane wrote:1. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Why do the Blues wait till they are down and there's only 10 minutes left to play with any desperation?

Guess who's getting bag skated tomorrow? Those fucking guys. That sucked.
I've always wondered, why is it called bag skate?
Instead of practice a coach makes a team skate around with their equipment bags.

Ozzies09tc wrote::shock:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Down 2, 3 minutes left, and Ott is on the ice?
Uhhh because he was the only forward to give a damn and show up that game so why not reward him?

I'm in the "ott is overplayed and overpaid" category but give dude his due credit.
His trying hard lead directly to the second goal...

I never said he doesn't try. Ott's been trying real hard his entire time here, and he has 3 goals. 3. In 120 games.

Last I checked, the job of the coach is to win play the players that give the team the best chance to win. Yeah, most of our offensive players looked like shit last night, but with 3 minutes to go and fighting a deficit, it still makes no sense to me to play Ott, (3 goals in 120 games as a Blue!) on the ice, no matter how hard he tries. Steen and Tarasenko could both be having strokes and only able to use half of their bodies and I would still have more confidence in one of them to score a goal than Ott at this point.

I'm not trying to rag the guy, but it just makes no sense to have him out there at that point in time if we're trying to win the hockey game.

I always thought it was because the pucks stayed in the bag. Looking for an answer, this is like the first link. No answers, but quotes from Hitch while he was with Columbus.
"I find that doesn't teach anything," Columbus Blue Jackets coach Ken Hitchcock said. "It's not constructive. All it does is risk alienating the players and the coaches.

"I'd rather identify things we need to improve on and work to improve them. Just blowing on the whistle doesn't accomplish anything, to me."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le4289281/

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote::shock:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Down 2, 3 minutes left, and Ott is on the ice?
Uhhh because he was the only forward to give a damn and show up that game so why not reward him?

I'm in the "ott is overplayed and overpaid" category but give dude his due credit.
His trying hard lead directly to the second goal...

I never said he doesn't try. Ott's been trying real hard his entire time here, and he has 3 goals. 3. In 120 games.

Last I checked, the job of the coach is to win play the players that give the team the best chance to win. Yeah, most of our offensive players looked like shit last night, but with 3 minutes to go and fighting a deficit, it still makes no sense to me to play Ott, (3 goals in 120 games as a Blue!) on the ice, no matter how hard he tries. Steen and Tarasenko could both be having strokes and only able to use half of their bodies and I would still have more confidence in one of them to score a goal than Ott at this point.

I'm not trying to rag the guy, but it just makes no sense to have him out there at that point in time if we're trying to win the hockey game.
I hear you, i do.

But it was a statement to the players.

Kinda like, you wanna be taken serious? Play serious.

Ott did lead to a goal, but created chances as well (with reaves and brodie) whereas steen/tank lead to turnovers and nothing.

I could swear it was jackman on the ice with the turnovers between those two.

Ott was out of his realm trying to score, but he knew HE had to bc NO ONE ELSE WAS.

And THAT is exactly why he was on the ice.

I've actually liked ott more and more this year bc he doesnt take shifts off.

Idk if thats a coaching thing or a player thing, but after 10+ yrs straight of watching "talent" take nights off, you get sick of it and want to see people TRY
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

CaptSMRT wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:
39hurricane wrote:1. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Why do the Blues wait till they are down and there's only 10 minutes left to play with any desperation?

Guess who's getting bag skated tomorrow? Those fucking guys. That sucked.
Instead of practice a coach makes a team skate around with their equipment bags.
After last night's game, it should be with bags over their heads with only eye slits (so they don't get rotten vegetables thrown at them)!! :lol:

Robb_K wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
Doug Glatt wrote:
After last night's game, it should be with bags over their heads with only eye slits (so they don't get rotten vegetables thrown at them)!! :lol:
I always thought bag skate means you run everyone until they puke (into bags)

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Anytime Steve Ott is getting significant minutes, it's not his fault...someone else is either injured, or is being a passenger.
+1

Don't like Ott? No problem. Many don't. Want your boy to be on the ice instead of Ott? That's easy! Just have your boy outwork Ott.
this. and the dude did almost score. other than that turnover, hard to fault his game.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:Anytime Steve Ott is getting significant minutes, it's not his fault...someone else is either injured, or is being a passenger.
+1

Don't like Ott? No problem. Many don't. Want your boy to be on the ice instead of Ott? That's easy! Just have your boy outwork Ott.
Tell Sissy Boy Tarablesenko that there are two ends to the ice.

CaptSMRT wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
+1

Tarablahblah he can't hear you because the horn is sounding from him scoring another goal.

Notebly Blue wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
+1

Tarablahblah he can't hear you because the horn is sounding from him scoring another goal.
You're benched!