GDT: Blues vs Panthers 7PM FSMW

Monday, 11.30.2015 / 7:37 PM
Louie Korac - NHL.com Correspondent

PANTHERS (10-9-4) at BLUES (15-6-3)

TV: FS-F, FS-MW

Season series: Goalie Brian Elliott made 40 saves, and Jori Lehtera scored in the fifth round of the shootout in the St. Louis Blues' 2-1 victory against the Florida Panthers on Feb. 15. The Blues also defeated the Panthers 4-2 in St. Louis on Dec. 8, 2014. Forward Nick Bjugstad scored two goals for Florida.

Panthers team scope: Right wing Jaromir Jagr enters play with 730 goals and needs one more to tie Marcel Dionne for fourth on the NHL's all-time list. Jagr, 43, had his five-game point streak end Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings but leads the Panthers in goals (eight) and points (18). Defenseman Dmitry Kulikov, who's missed the past six games with a lower-body injury, practiced Monday but will not play. Florida plays the second of a five-game trip. "It's nice to start a road trip with a win," forward Reilly Smith told the Panthers website. "It's going to be pretty tough because we have some pretty good opponents coming up." The Panthers have lost six in a row to the Blues, including three in St. Louis. They have not won at Scottrade Center since Oct. 31, 2009.

Blues team scope: Goalie Jake Allen will start for the 15th time in 17 games. St. Louis has one fewer point than it had through 24 games in 2014-15 (34), but the Blues are more pleased with their start this season because of a plethora of injuries and their record in one-goal games (8-1-3). "I think it's way more impressive than last year," left wing Steve Ott said after practice Monday at Scottrade Center. "One being the schedule's completely different. We started the season with a hard, hard road trip; that was exhausting. ... Then you top it off with the amount of injuries that we've had. Not just your run-of-the-mill hockey players, your most key guys." The Blues, who are 3-0-2 in their past five games, on Saturday began a stretch of 12 of 17 games on home ice to end 2015.

Re: GDT: Blues vs Panthers 7PM FSMW

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:43 years old and leads his team in scoring. Unreal. Long live Jagr. I hope he pots one in a losing effort just so we can watch the video years from now and tell our grandkids how he scored because Ryan Reaves went out of his way to hit a guy.
Jagr is not a human...he is a Soong Android sent back in time to play hockey.

CaptSMRT wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:43 years old and leads his team in scoring. Unreal. Long live Jagr. I hope he pots one in a losing effort just so we can watch the video years from now and tell our grandkids how he scored because Ryan Reaves went out of his way to hit a guy.
Jagr is not a human...he is a Soong Android sent back in time to play hockey.

Lol :)

LET'S GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

39hurricane wrote:

He's trade deadline bait
he he, I was pushing hard (among the armchair GM's) for him last year. Would have looked great in a Blues sweater, but he loves the EC.
"Do Only Good Everyday"