FTP: Blues @ Devils 11-10-2015

All the musings of the dark prince's fans can be found here.

Should I try an exorcism it will be this color.

No need to delay this, so here we go................

================================================================

PREGAME COMMENTS:

Jake Allen's been sick lately, and yet I'm benching him for Dubnyk (home against the Jets) in fantasy...hope the Devils don't make me regret that lol

Now that I'm finally becoming comfortable with entertaining the idea that this team MIGHT not be one of the worst in the NHL, I'm sure this will be an embarrassing blowout loss or something.

forgot gomez and havlat were blues now…let's see what were not missing

FIRST PERIOD COMMENTS:

Quiet in here tonight. Rock looks empty...where the hell is everyone ?

Dull, sloppy game so far.

Who ever sharpens Merrils skates needs to be fired or Merrill is taking skating lessons from Clarkson

Where's the 5 minute interference penalty on that one? Looked worse than Larssons on first glance

Wow. How the hell is that not a penalty? He tackled him...

And no slash? Geez.

WSOP main event finale, two Presidential debates, and Marty/Gomez's team vs. the Devils.
Good night for TV.

Well we finally woke up...Every line is making moves now

I can't blame O'Neill for passing there. He sucks at actually scoring goals.
I like his odds of getting an assist first.

The Devils look great - they're dictating the flow of the game so far.

Schneider looked a little lost in that sequence.

Kalinin has like 6 takeaways so far.

Getting good opportunities. I'm liking the tempo.

Anyone else amazed at Farnham's speed? He HAS to be our fastest player.

Look good so far HOWEVER when you have a chance at the open net DONT PASS

Ugh. So close, but F it up at the last second.

I hope we don't get to see Parayko on the PP. kid is a beast at both taking and blocking shots.

One of those games where we're going to regret not scoring...

I hate the Ric Flair "woo" crap.
That stuff was taken from the friggin' Canes of all franchises.

I'm a huge fan of Farnham's game - he's basically a Janssen that can actually play hockey. He's making plays out there

This team is so much more fun to watch.

Blues are sloppy as F but we can't capitalize. Sucks.

Solid first period. Unfortunate we couldn't get one, but if we keep playing like this, the goals will come.

Tootoo just ran over Shattenkirk

Havlat is such a joke, knocked off the puck easily by SUPERSTAR Bobby Farnham!
If he scores a point tonight at all, we really will deserve to lose. Remember you said that....

yep…and its not just once a game…..they overkill that garbage……….
……also ….the blues for the most part in their history have had solid uniforms…..then there was the nastiness of the gretzky era Reply to Rick Flair crap comment.

Wish we could of potted a couple that period but looked good as the game went on. Started sloppy

This team is about 500x better at all facets of the game compared to last year.

Gretzky was in St. Louis for like, a week and a half. Weird to hear someone talk about the Gretzky Era. Almost like talking about the Brodeur Era in STL.

Zajac 6-0 in the face-off circle so far

Mac : "Their[Devils] speed is giving St.Louis a lot of issues"
Okay everyone...since WHEN have we ever heard THAT when the Devils are discussed?

Can MacLean remember and pronounce guys names? It's irritating

SECOND PERIOD COMMENTS:

So damn sloppy.

Is Steve calling Parayko "Parko"?

BEAST save Cory!

Schneider made that save look so easy.
He doesn't get some recognition because of how easy he makes those types of saves look. If that was Brodeur, there would be a Marty chant going right now.

Devils on their heels.

Of all people!!!1 havlat?!!?!?!?!? Gomez with the assist ...

You have to be ****ing kidding me...

Bahahaha. Had to see that coming.

GROSS AS ****.
We really deserve to lose now.
Letting Havlat's pissed and **** on remains score on us.

Somebody shoot me.
Havlat scored. Devils should lose this game just for that.

aha oh come on, that's just funny

You have to ****ing be kidding me. It was only a matter of time

Havlat was actually not bad for the Devils last year and was, IMO, very unfairly treated. I honestly hope he does well.

Havlat from Gomez. I can't believe it.

Havlat scored from the press box ?

Thankfully Zubrus was released or things could have gotten epic bad.

Freaking gong show this whole game. Blues just finally woke up. The lack of skill is showing in this one.

Of all the guys that can score on their team, the guy who scores is, let me rephrase that, the OBJECT that scores is Havlat's half full jar of polluted bone dust?

Super annoyed that havlat scored. This ****ing scrub couldn't be bothered to break a sweat last season and he has to pot one tonight. Garbage.

I can't wait for the overreactions when (if) we lose this game

I saw a moron with a Rangers Gomez jersey... I guess he couldn't get the hot ticket that is Rangers vs Hurricanes at MSG.

Lol Holy**** St Louis loves to cherrypick

This might be the night that we realize we need the bottom 2 lines to actually contribute to the game.

St louis woke up, and Devils went to sleep

Gio you WORTHLESS idiot

O'Neill already looks like he's taken a pre game trip to his favorite watering hole for a pint or two.

Someone tell Steve how to pronounce Parayko please...

Cory going to have to stand on his head like the old days tonight?

Palmieri saved a second Havlat goal.

ok get rid of Gionta already enough is enough

Wow Zajac, could you have given less of a damn there?
That line looks checked out for this one.

This is total domination

Feels like a shutout man...

Anyone want to follow Kalinin's lead maybe?

One thing that annoys me about the Blues is the comparison's to old Devils teams from 93-04.
It's not really from their fans, I see it more from our fans than their fans.
If anything, they remind me of the 95 (post 95 cup) to 99 Devils. Or the 2005-2010 Devils.

I can't figure out what O'Neil brings that keeps him in the lineup night after night. I know Matteau is far from a perfect option but at least he'd bring some size to the fourth line

Pay-are-ko might be Steve's worst mispronunciation yet.

Farnham almost killed himself. Nice check on that glass pane...

Tasmanian Devil legit going after everyone in his path

Lol Farnham is the closest thing to a modern day Hanson brother. At the end of the day, you take a trade off of Farnham for steen all day.

On the main boards there's a thread about farnham vs virtanen. There's a gif in there of him running into the boards really hard after missing a check, and that kinda looked like it hahaha

This is what happened when the Islanders cranked up their forecheck and started being physical.

Why do people hate Gionta more than O'Neill?
Gionta probably isn't worse than most teams 4th liners, O'Neill is worse at the NHL level than most teams 13th or 14th forwards.

The blues are pissing me off.

"Very good defenseman Matt Carle"
......... Is he serious?

THIRD PERIOD COMMENTS:

This is ********. They are just careless.

turnover leaving zone….****ing goal against
too many turnovers tonight!!!

Henrique is a disaster in his own zone tonight

Just don't get shut out, I don't want to be even more annoyed at leaving a goalie with a shutout on my bench

What has happened to Merrill? He looks terrible this season.

That was awful. This deserves getting benched. This isn't a young defenseman error, this is a lack of effort by Merill pure and simple.

Woot I just won Bingo from the PK and cleared the ice of the puck! Any idea what you win?

Flyers fan is passed out drunk in section 9.

Time for some lineup changes. I'd like to see Tlusty sit. His done less than nothing all season.

The Blues are really really good

Wait, we got a penalty???!!!

As Pete would say "No puck luck tonight"

Keep in mind they're playing some outstanding defensemen.
Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester
They make a lot of guys look bad.
And Backes is a better Zajac

I think this is more where we settle. We play some good hockey, but we've got maybe four guys capable of scoring on a semi-consistent basis.

Also, it took until now to activate the d-men to be more aggressive in the offensive zone. They should have way more freedom all game.

Now steve is going to start kissing Blue ass and Dano will start rambling on and on. Enough

I'm not disappointed in the lack of scoring tonight. I am disappointed in the poor defense though. That's supposed to be one of our only strengths.

They've been pretty competitive all night. Tarasenko has been held in check all night.

So he goes for the early goalie pull when shorthanded and on the power play but not at even strength? Makes perfect sense.

no goal…time over

POST GAME COMMENTS:

Well someone tell MSG it's no goal they still have the score up at 2-1.

PLEASE LET IT COUNT!
I just don't want Havlat with the game winner.

Lmao. Just cause I'm facing Allen in fantasy. Crosses the line .01 second late.

Revenge of the Turds.

Tough game, shrug it off and take it to Chicago again.

At least we weren't shutout by Calgary or Columbus or some other TRASH that bleeds goals.
The Cory Schneider special tonight. Allow 1 or 2 goals and lose cause the team gets shutout. He might lead the league for most losses when allowing 2 or fewer goals in NHL history.

Yikes, that wasnt pretty. Key is to get back on track next game and not let this snowball into a losing streak

Well. Sucks to lose that one.
But that game tells me all I need to know about Kalinin. Glad we picked him up.

Rough game, but the Blues are a good team, and also a team that we probably don't match up against too well. Hopefully we can manage another bounce-back game against Chicago.

I'm more mad that Havlat's pint of desecrated bone dust scored a goal on us at all tonight.
Hope he kept the puck, might be one of the last of his career.

Agree with Bleed on the Havlat goal...out of all players...the rusty nail scores?

I also don't like Paajarvi because I've seen his initials wrote out as ''MPS''
The initials of some demon woman from my past.
Hope I won't see a PDB special tonight, I've had enough ''Specials'' for tonight in this game alone.
The Cory Schneider ''Allow 2 or fewer goals and play amazing but still lose cause of shutout'' special and the ''former Devil scores against us'' special.
It's like how Gomez would get at least a point or shootout goal in every single game he played against us for the Rangers in the season after he left.

Now its Marty beating us by being around their Goalie.

I'm actually glad it was 2-0.
Imagine losing that game 1-0 with puck flying into the net just a frame or two after the clock ran out?
That would have sucked.

I hate tuesday night games...they keep losing them.

We were outmatched by a team with size and speed. These type of teams will always give the Devils fits.

========================================================

Not a lot of good comments, but I did what I could to make it somewhat entertaining.

We'll do this again some day.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Re: FTP: Blues @ Devils 11-10-2015

I like this comment:

One thing that annoys me about the Blues is the comparison's to old Devils teams from 93-04.
It's not really from their fans, I see it more from our fans than their fans.
If anything, they remind me of the 95 (post 95 cup) to 99 Devils. Or the 2005-2010 Devils.

This poster puts in perspective how the defensive schemes have evolved over time. I agree with the first part, the Blues do not play a textbook trap system that those early 90's Devils teams played. Those comparisons annoy me as well.