FTP: Ducks @ Blues 10/29/2015

The Wonderful World of Disney can be found here.

Should I feel the need to explain AFLAC, it will be this color.

Sorry you had to wait, but let's get started shall we....

=============================================

PREGAME COMMENTS:

Begin their GDT:

prediction
first period:
200.gif 200.gif Viewed 4639 times 905.65 KiB
second period: third period: Substitute due to .gif size post game: Please win. Carl Hagelin-Ryan Kesler-Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano-Shawn Horcoff-Jakob Silfverberg
Jiri Sekac-Rickard Rakell-Chris Stewart
Patrick Maroon-Chris Wagner-Mike Santorelli
Hampus Lindholm-Kevin Bieksa
Cam Fowler-Korbinian Holzer
Clayton Stoner-Sami Vatanen
End GDT

We are the worst team in the NHL now. I say that after taking a look at the standings on nhl.com

try really reallly hard

Reply to previous comment:

1.jpg 1.jpg Viewed 4639 times 16.78 KiB

This thread is horrendous for those of us on slow connections

Winning this game would be like losing the first five of the hundred pounds you need to lose. Nice, but not too exciting. It would just mean the problem isn't getting worse.

Maybe we need a good old fashioned brawl game to get this team's motor running. I don't think anything pulls a group together like standing up for each other.

paging mr stewart Reply to previous comment.

This clown pic is from an mp4 video that had me laughing harder than I have in a long time. This pic gives you the basic idea of the video.

He could bring the team together and get suspended in the process, win - win scenario. Reply to paging Mr. Stewart comment.

Lets try not to **** up again

the photo game in this thread is strong
thank you for brightening up my day, hf.

forgot i had another dissapointing/pissed off night tonight.

I've got two paper bags (one to wear and one to breathe into) and some liquor.
Let's do this thing. Go Ducks.

I prefer days when there aren't games

Have we considered that the new scoreboard is cursed?

Are we losing yet?

Let's just get home.

And disband. Reply to previous comment.

Blues are missing Schwartz, Stastny, Shattenkirk. Three of their better players. The injury excuse isn't valid tonight

Kesler said tonight "is almost like a Game 7."
This should go well. At least Getzlaf will have a better stat line than usual.

Oh jeeze, we've been having game sevens all season, lets call it anything but that. Reply to previous comment.

FIRST PERIOD COMMENTS:

Ducks look absolutely awful already

it becomes more apparent each day there is a distinct lack of true skill on this team, bob has turned us into soft grinders

Looks like a game 7 performance.

Just go 4v4, new PP strategy.

Hah. Yeah, a Game 7 performance indeed, Kesler.

Kesler is really on my nerves now. He's just a dumb player

Holy Jesus Chirst of Nazareth, this team is a mess.

Tarasenko is about 10 times better than anyone on the Ducks in this game. Perry's skating doesn't look great

becoming more convinced this teams problem is the roster composition, just no skill at all

Stewart still sucks but nice to see he's at least attempting to be physical this game.

Stewart got away with a super late hit lol. Like 5 seconds late.

I think we're going to see Yawney coaching this team for the next home game.

lol heyward said the ducks want horcoff against tarasenko

Bieksa in slow motion trying to defend Tarasenko

I'm pretty sure that the Canucks did a surgery where they swapped the faces of Bieksa and Sbisa and sent us Sbisa back.

Sekac with that finishing ability.

this team can't pass worth a ****, and when a good pass is made, nobody can ****ing accept it

Next up, our favorite period.

We have zero offensive creativity. None.

let's see, by my count we are at 12 scoreless periods on this roadtrip, + 1 OT session

Incoming Horrible 2nd period, How many goals allowed this period? I say 3.. And out offense is .... well what offense?

Yawney is a disaster of a hockey coach. Let's face it, they should have dealt with this in the offseason and gotten Deboer if they wanted a defensive coach. Or McCllellan if they wanted an offensive coach. Now we're left scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Wow, we got 9 hits in a period? We've gone from pathetic to mediocre. Progress!

2nd period :
SECOND PERIOD COMMENTS:

I swear our forwards are nothing but 3rd and 4th liners who can't finish. A bunch of guys who all average 5-15 goals per year.

Kesler has learned the art of diving.
Powerkill coming up.

how come the anaheim PP always looks like it's against 6 pker's

Can anyone hit the net? Is it ****ing impossible?

Haha ok, I guess we will take it.

OMG a goal

Hey guys, what does that sign in the corner mean? It says 'power play goal'.
Nice battle, Hampus.

No shutout at least!

oh come on, quick bathroom break and we score..

Nice work, guys.
Nice work.

What the flying **** was that

Awesome job guys..thanks Fowler

Hagelin was in the vicinity of a scoring chance there, though. Progress!

anaheim ducks=football
anaheim ducks fans=charlie brown

Haha awesome, a 2-0. I love this team.

Palmieri is now 1+2 in tonight's game.
But no worries, we got Horcoff instead.

And I was thinking, boy there are many of us attacking the goal, what happens if they loose the puck? And they loose the puck and there are two totally free Blues players that scores. Sigh.

Andersen says "**** it, you guys don't want to play defense then neither will I" and leads the rush down ice.

I have noticed an unfair advantage on St. Louis part.
They seem to use some kind of tactical system when playing. Like they know what to do.
Isn't that considered cheating?

Well, at least we are sticking up for each other again.

Oh yeah, a Kozari special. Somehow that leads to a STL PP.

It's the usual "how can we find a way to lose this game" strategy!

We should be on the PK. Maroon was trying way too hard.
Great play by Cogs there.

kesler is ****ing useless this year

Thanks kesler. Price tag sure is steep for this garbage.

Not much faith in this team around here is there? I can't envision a season where they don't pull out of it, you people are harsh.

So a hook only counts when it happens to a Blues player. Gotcha.

My computer froze during intermission and it took me half of the period to realize it happened.

Seriously, what's with all the stick checking tonight?

"Staying inside of big Chris Stewart" isn't an easy thing to do?
K

whenever we have speed thru the zone someone is offside
whenever we have a potential outnumbered attack nobody can make a pass
whenever there is a rebound in front of the net, nobody is there

If the team was rebuilding, I'd have no problem with the suck. I'm not saying I'd be happy about it, but teams have ups and downs and sometimes you need a couple of high end talents to get back to a competitive level.
But this team was supposed to be a lock for the playoffs. Even if you get past the contender label, every single list had them making the playoffs, and the vast majority had them winning the Pacific. This is frustrating.

If we play this badly for 20 games we would basically already be out of a playoff spot.

Horcoff led whit his elbow. Not cool

Interesting now. Hate to see Perry with Ott, though.

Steve Ott is human garbage.

Good job, Kozari. Ignore 4 blatant penalties.

Loving the grittiness of this game. We have been missing this big time.

Panties in a twist in St. Louis. So Ott gets to play dirty. Oh noes he touched our precious!

so the blues got away with 3 cross checks and a high stick with no call good job kozari

And the ducks will be short handed
Refs are garbage like usual

Slash and crosscheck on Hagelin, not called.

They answered for an iffy hit on their best player by going after ours. Respect. I wish we could do that sometimes.

Wait, how is Anaheim short-handed? Ott started that entire sequence.

how the **** does anaheim end up short handed out of all that? kozari is a ****ing *****

So because the fans think Horcoff got away with a penalty Kozari always them to take 3 or 4 free shots at Duck players? Hags literally got two handed in the thigh by a baseball swing away from the puck.

Ott starts it with a cross check. Then starts the fight. And Backes throws a good cross check into Hagelin.
And we get the extra penalty. Baffling.

Should have been 5 min majors for fighting and a 2 min on the blues kozari. JFC.

Jump on the train of "how is that a Blues PP?"
Answer: Kozari

We are feisty, I like it

Oh Kozari, never change...
just get out of the league. You can be worthless elsewhere.

Jesus Christ, Bieksa. ****ing move.

and ref prevents us from getting a ****ing break away
piece of ****

Was that Kozari getting in the way?

How many slashes can the blues get away with?

****ing ref needs to work on his crossovers. Getting in the way like that.

Blues are scum. Those hacks on Hagelin were totally uncalled for. Ott is a POS like always.

Bieksa has been such a disappointment.

Maybe Kozari is still trying to make up for that 7 minute 5 on 3 he gave us against Vancouver a couple years ago.

yuck, cameraman following a kid wearing an obvious fake tarasenko jersey. jeez.

Ott even continued throwing blows after the ref stepped in.
Perry still got the extra 2.
That's cute.

THIRD PERIOD COMMENTS:

Brutal non-call on the interference by Ott on Kesler there

I'll give Stewart this, he's been better, tonight.

Sooo Ott can do whatever he wants tonight?

Watching Maroon trying to accelerate is hilarious.

what a ****ing ****show the refs are, kesler was drilled by ott without the puck anywhere near the play, and they are going to call a hook

Why am I not drinking for this yet?

Does anyone have a statistical breakdown of Ducks games reffed by Kozari?
I would love to see it. I (like many of you) swear that he calls ridiculous games against us, and other refs... well I don't even know any other refs.

seems about right for the game winning goal

Yeah. Sure. Okay.

Did Freddie's appendix just burst?
That was a Hiller special, man.

Hockey gods hate us

They've been trying to do that **** all night long. Finally happened.

... Well ...
208.gif 208.gif Viewed 4639 times 1.26 MiB

I'm not even upset about the bounce. You cant win scoring one goal.

To hell with the drinking. Where's my shotgun?

What a great season to start a new job with a bunch of King's fans

They're so bad. St louis has so much more time with the puck than we do

Is Getzlaf not playing or is he just invisible? Haven't seen him yet Poster is serious. Hadn't heard about appendicitis.

this team is really bad
whoever replaces bb has his work cut out for him

Ott looking like Crosby there

Andersen is the only beacon of light on this **** team

Go to the net, enough perimeter crap.

This is the part when we lose every battle

Cue false hope

At least Freddie still gives a ****.

If BB had a pair of balls he'd take the goalie out and go 6 on 4 here

Just what we need, another power play.

We're being outshot 15-4 this period.

I'm thinking epic comeback. Parayko goal was just so wrong. A joke. Please.

bieksa is ****ing garbage

Could the Ducks hot the net if it was a soccer goal? Not responsible for spelling/grammar errors.

lol @ not pulling the goalie for a 6v4 when trailing with less than 2 minutes to go. You deserved to get fired BB if it happens.

Good thing they didn't pull Freddie in the last 30 seconds of the PP with full control. Ugh.

POST GAME COMMENTS:

I can't believe that I passed on renewing my AHL subscription because I figured this was the year that everything that mattered for the organization would be happening in Anaheim.

These veteran stiffs they signed are mostly useless. Chris Stewart is a waste of a roster spot. I am surprised at how terrible Bieksa has been. Does not get any easier. Nashville is rolling this year.

10 games 1 win!

10 goals in 10 games

I'm convinced. Fire BB now. It's not just that the players aren't performing but he ****ing concedes the game by not pulling the goalie during the PP.

Bunson Honeydew needs to be fired. Now that Teddy Roosevelt is on the staff, he can take over. Bonus point if you know who Bunson Honeydew is without have to google it...

Really dont think BB deserves to be fired. Could be the next big mistake by Murray.

Fought till the end my ass, Hayward. Can't wait to hear whatever bull **** you cook up for Ducks Live.

Don't know about y'all but I'm finding this season entertaining.

Hayward is, hands down, the worst analyst in the NHL.

1/8 of the season is done, anaheim has 4 points.

Would Anaheim be considered dicks if they tried to trade Hagelin after 10 games?

they played pretty well i thought.
bs softy by anderson.
we are now on track for approximately 30 - 35 points this season. rock on.

So that was a good road trip. Boys came together well.

imagine tanking for mathews and watching edmonton swoop on the no.1 pick again.
this season is a waste, too many changes have to be made, bob invested to much in "2 way gritty blah blah blah players"

Ducks are going to pull a Kings where they start eventually playing well enough to just barely miss the playoffs but push themselves out to a slim chance at winning the draft lottery.
I hope it's either they make the playoffs or they end up dead last in the standings, that way we actually have something to be excited about.

I think this game was pretty similar to the Minnesota game. Only differce was that the players were actually trying. It's time for BB to go. The team just can't seem to make his system work.

Bah. This roster is the equivalent of the football humping the monkey.

I've never watched more boring hockey before. They play with absolutely zero physicality or passion.

We should have known that we were in trouble when the analytics people were praising us in pre-season.

We need another dumb article about how nothing needs to change because bad **** like this doesn't last anyway.

They're finding ways to lose. That's what bad teams do.

i can't believe we're actually 30th. ROFL. its officially entered into just hilarious territory

I couldn't help burst out laughing at how we lost that game. Team isn't playing well, but talk about having no luck whatsoever.
EDIT: I should also have known better when Kesler talked about this game being a game 7 given their record in them.

I can't really blame Andersen for the second goal. He tried to close the post which was the right play to make, I saw it more as a weird bounce and a fluky goal. It's crazy that he's .932 and 2.05 GAA with 0 wins.

Well, on the bright side, at first we looked like we couldn't even try to win.
Now we choke after we take a lead. Baby steps.

===============================================

There were a one or two more pics/gifs that I would have added, but I guess there is a limit to either the number of attachments allowed or the total size of all attachments.

Hope you all enjoyed this. Perhaps we'll do this again sometime.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Re: FTP: Ducks @ Blues 10/29/2015

They seem to use some kind of tactical system when playing. Like they know what to do.
LOL

amazing. all i can say is you guys really need to step up your gif game.

attachment limits were 2MB and 10 per post. i just doubled that specifically for you. hopefully people don't take advantage. if so, i can do it ONLY for you but that would be a pain in the ass. :) however, i certainly would - you need it!

Re: FTP: Ducks @ Blues 10/29/2015

T.C. wrote:
LOL

amazing. all i can say is you guys really need to step up your gif game.

attachment limits were 2MB and 10 per post. i just doubled that specifically for you. hopefully people don't take advantage. if so, i can do it ONLY for you but that would be a pain in the ass. :) however, i certainly would - you need it!

Thank you. Did you double the 2MB, 10 per post or both? Just so I know for future reference.

Here is the suicidal clown:

[youtube][/youtube]
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!