Re: How many Blues fans does it take?

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:I'll be at the Corner Keg in Highland...hopefully some of these IL hicks will come out for some jokes about sex with E.T.
Holy shit...what a nightmare. I fucking hate bar comedy.
I'm sure your audience was moved to equal emotion. Stick to the street corners. Saw a guy last week with a snare drum set at the W. Florissant exit stoplight off eastbound I-270. Gotta admire the buskers with imagination.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:I'll be at the Corner Keg in Highland...hopefully some of these IL hicks will come out for some jokes about sex with E.T.
Holy shit...what a nightmare. I fucking hate bar comedy.
I'm sure your audience was moved to equal emotion. Stick to the street corners. Saw a guy last week with a snare drum set at the W. Florissant exit stoplight off eastbound I-270. Gotta admire the buskers with imagination.
Bar comedy sucks...nobody gives a shit. I don't have any problems making people laugh in the club. Buskers are bums with enough money to buy soup.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:... Buskers are bums with enough money to buy soup.
Nothing wrong with soup. It's Penicillin for the Soul. You can also swipe a handful of those goldfish crackers from the bowl on the bar to give it some texture.

Bars don't do that any more. Get in your time machine and come back from 1970.

CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:... Buskers are bums with enough money to buy soup.
Nothing wrong with soup. It's Penicillin for the Soul. You can also swipe a handful of those goldfish crackers from the bowl on the bar to give it some texture.
So how does BEER NUTS® stay in business? It's a crazy world, this 21 Century of yours.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote: Nothing wrong with soup. It's Penicillin for the Soul. You can also swipe a handful of those goldfish crackers from the bowl on the bar to give it some texture.
So how does BEER NUTS® stay in business? It's a crazy world, this 21 Century of yours.
So Obama can take your guns.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:Stick to secular humor, Capt. It's closer to home for you AND for your audiences.
I opened with a story about getting an IUD put in my ass...a person from the crowd asked me if I could be more disgusting next time.
Well, can you?
I think tomorrow night I am going %100 Adele material. Pity fucking Adele generates more revenue than the GDP of Honduras.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:I think tomorrow night I am going %100 Adele material. Pity fucking Adele generates more revenue than the GDP of Honduras.
Prophetic words for the two of you ...
"It's no secret that the both of us
Are running out of time ..."

I don't think anyone even knew who Adele was...which is probably my fault too.

JMC-STL wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:I don't think anyone even knew who Adele was...which is probably my fault too.
You needed to save that bit for your next gig in The Grove. I hear Adele is the new King of Pop in the LGBTI community.
The crowds favorite moment of the night...when I said I wanted E.T. to give me a prostate massage.