GDT 9/22: Blues v. Jackets

Blues wrote:Blues Open Preseason with Split Squad Game

The Blues open the preseason tonight with split-squad games against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The 61-man training camp roster has been divided, with 20 players traveling to Columbus for a 6 p.m. CT game at Nationwide Arena, while another 20 will remain in St. Louis for a 7 p.m. game vs. Columbus at Scottrade Center.

Home Game Roster: Spencer Asuchak, David Backes, Ivan Barbashev, Jay Bouwmeester, Chris Butler, Jordan Caron, Pheonix Copley, Jacob Doty, Brian Elliott, Robby Fabbri, Petteri Lindbohm, Steve Ott, Colton Parayko, Alex Pietrangelo, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Alexander Steen, Vladimir Tarasenko, Evan Trupp and Thomas Vannelli.

Away Game Roster: Jake Allen, Cody Beach, Jordan Binnington, Samuel Blais, Kyle Brodziak, Troy Brouwer, Pat Cannone, Vince Dunn, Joel Edmundson, Scott Gomez, Carl Gunnarsson, Peter Harrold, Justin Hodgman, Dmitrij Jaskin, Danny Kristo, Magnus Paajarvi, Ty Rattie, Jordan Schmaltz, Kevin Shattenkirk and Scottie Upshall.

“Now we get to see where everybody’s at,” Blues Head Coach Ken Hitchcock said. “You reach a point during exhibition games where you start looking for your team rather than looking for cuts. For me, I’m looking for cuts (right now). The first couple games, you look for who can’t cut it, who can’t keep the pace. Then after awhile, you start thinking, how am I going to build my team? When we reach the third exhibition games, we’re starting to think about line combinations, D-pairs, special teams, good chemistry, and who’s going to work with whom.”

Hitchcock will coach the home team, while Associate Coach Brad Shaw will be behind the bench in Columbus.

Tickets for the home game are available now as low as $7 at the Ford Box Office at Scottrade Center or online at ticketmaster.com.

Fans wanting to follow the action can get live scoring of the home game by visiting stlouisblues.com. The Blues mobile app will provide live scoring for the game in Columbus. Fans can also get live updates from both games by following the Blues on Twitter (@StLouisBlues).

Re: GDT 9/22: Blues v. Jackets

Per Lou Korac on Twitter yesterday, the lineups for the game in STL will be:

Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Schwartz-Backes
Ott-Barbashev-Caron
Asuchak-Trupp-Doty

Lindbohm-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Butler-Vannelli

Elliott-Copley

For the game at CBJ:

Paajarvi-Gomez-Brouwer
Jaskin-Brodziak-Rattie
Upshall-Cannone-Kristo
Blais-Hodgman-Beach

Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson-Schmaltz
Dunn-Harrold

Allen-Binnington

Let's Go Blues! x 2

Ah, yes. A GDT. It's getting real close isn't it...

Just pissed that there are 2 Blues games that I can't watch tonight. Boy, I wish this was a hockey town.

For any that have the NHL network and are interested, the first Blues/Blackhawks preseason game will be shown on NHL Network, but not live and the second one looks like it will be live. I guess that's as long as it's not blacked out for some damn reason.

Their website leaves much to be desired. I tried to look at the preseason schedule for NHL Network an to look at an entire week it tells me to swipe to look at more days. Too bad I'm on a fucking laptop without a touchscreen so I can only look at two days at a time. Can't wait for MLB Media to take over and get this shit straightened out.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Cody Beach just took on that 6"7 russian Yevenko and it didn't sound like he did to well. Blue Jackets call though...so probably some homerism there.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Jackets lead Blues 2-0 in 1st game at Columbus, near the end of The 2nd. By far, the better Blues' team is in The St. Louis game. Also, Columbus significantly better team is in Columbus. So, I didn't expect The Blues to win in Columbus.

The Bluejackets' play-by-play radio announcer is really lousy. He has hardly mentioned ANY Blues' name. All I'm hearing is "The Blues have the puck", or Cody Beach or Kevin Shattenkirk. Beach got the penalty on which PP The Jackets scored their 2nd goal.

The Blues are now on The PP. I hope they can score. With such a weak lineup, i wonder who will play on this PP?

Brouwer kocked Jack Johson to the ice in front of the net, Edmundson, Gomez and Pajaarvi also on the PP. Now Shattenkirk.

Jaskin with a hard shot on the 2 on 1 and Bobrovsky makes a great pad save after losing his stick.

Blues don't score on that PP.

Jackets lead 2-0 end of 2nd. Blues have 24 shots after 2.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Cody Beach just took on that 6"7 russian Yevenko and it didn't sound like he did to well. Blue Jackets call though...so probably some homerism there.
After that 2nd goal, did that CBJ announcer just say "put my leg in a teakettle"?
Yes, he did! What a cornball!!! Takes me wayyyyy back to the late 1800s!

Robb_K wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Cody Beach just took on that 6"7 russian Yevenko and it didn't sound like he did to well. Blue Jackets call though...so probably some homerism there.
After that 2nd goal, did that CBJ announcer just say "put my leg in a teakettle"?
Yes, he did! What a cornball!!! Takes me wayyyyy back to the late 1800s!
Jeez....and people around here gripe about "Thank You X3"

CaptSMRT wrote:So one game was in St Louis and one game in Columbus...is that the home made clock of hockey scheduling?
A lot of teams are doing this early. After the Camp squads are cut down some, there won't be enough players for 2 games. But for now, it's good for getting a look at the youngsters and "walk ons".