Re: KANE is in trouble.

From the Buffalo News:

A grand jury investigation into rape allegations against National Hockey League star Patrick Kane set to begin Tuesday afternoon has been abruptly postponed, according to three current and former law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case.

The reason for the delay appears to involve the possibility of ongoing settlement talks between attorneys for Kane and the victim, two of the sources said.

The Buffalo News last week confirmed that summonses had been issued by the Erie County District Attorney’s Office to individuals directing them to appear before the grand jury, with the first witness set for 2 p.m. Tuesday.

Kane has been accused by a young woman of sexually-assaulting her in his Hamburg mansion after meeting her at a downtown bar early last month. Town of Hamburg police and the Erie County District Attorney’s Office are investigating the allegations against the Chicago Blackhawks superstar.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/09/0 ... urces-say/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will be interesting to see how quickly they can determine if any of the woman's statement is contradicted by the physical evidence (or lack thereof) in the rape kit. If her initial claim was that he did something that 100% would have showed up in the test, this is going away quickly.

And Patrick Kane likely just beat his case

BUFFALO, New York (WLS) -- The evidence bag that once contained the rape kit of the woman accusing Chicago Blackhawks player Patrick Kane of sexual assault was left at her mother's door, the alleged victim's attorney said.

"This concerns the integrity of that evidence. Yesterday, the rape kit evidence bag was anonymously delivered to the home of my client's mother," attorney Thomas Eoannou said. "We know this to be the evidence bag that once contained the rape kit evidence. We know this because the bag has a label on it. It contains my client's identity. It contains my client's birthdate. It contains the location where the rape kit was done."

Eoannou said law enforcement authorities and prosecutors confirmed the bag is "authentic." He said it has been ripped open.

"The purpose of an evidence bag is to protect the items of evidence from tampering. The bag itself is even critical evidence for the chain of custody. It never leaves law enforcement or the district attorney's office," Eoannou said. "I have never seen an evidence bag outside of a police lab, a prosecutor's office or a courtroom, let alone find one in the doorway of a rape victim's mother's home."

Eoannou is calling for an independent investigation by another law enforcement agency.

"We need to bring in the FBI, or state troopers, or some other law enforcement agency to find out who had that bag, who put it in my client's mother's doorstep," Eoannou said.

He will turn the bag over to law enforcement officials, he said.

Kane is accused of sexually assaulting the woman in his suburban Buffalo, New York home in August.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/evidence-ta ... ys/998259/

Now that the evidence has been tampered with, there isn't much of a case. Someone effed up...possibly on purpose? Get your conspiracy hats out!

Read on espn's ticker this morning that Eounnou(sp?) is stepping down as the accuser's lawyer.

Questions the mother's story of how the rape-kit bag was found on her doorstep.

Still believes the accuser's story.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

When the DNA results below her waist showed two other DNA samples not belonging to Kane but to two other guys, the Mother stepped in and tampered with the case. That's how I'm reading it.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:When the DNA results below her waist showed two other DNA samples not belonging to Kane but to two other guys, the Mother stepped in and tampered with the case. That's how I'm reading it.
The samples taken from garments could be as old as five years. The lack of evidence does not prove he wasn't there it simply makes it harder to prove he was. This still comes down to he said she said.

Kane is unlikely to get charged at this point, but the notes about her texts expressing mutltiple times that she wished to leave but her friend did not are interesting. And the fact that the friend is 19 and has been reluctant to provide info much less testify makes things very difficult. The whole situation is hellish and this is why so many women refuse to come forward with rape allegations. As an accuser your whole life now becomes an open book to be questioned, prodded, and vilified.

I don't know if he did it or not but he was a scumbag before in my eyes and nothing's changed there.

ratonmono wrote:The whole situation is hellish and this is why so many women refuse to come forward with rape allegations. As an accuser your whole life now becomes an open book to be questioned, prodded, and vilified.
It's no picnic for the accused, either.

rbartnik wrote:I'll be amazed if this results in any charges against Kane.
Yep, this case is officially off the rails. I can't see Kane being charged after all of these shenanigans.

The lawyer should have known that once you get the family involved it's usually nothing more than meddling which will hurt the case.

rbartnik wrote:
ratonmono wrote:The whole situation is hellish and this is why so many women refuse to come forward with rape allegations. As an accuser your whole life now becomes an open book to be questioned, prodded, and vilified.
It's no picnic for the accused, either.
No shit. But there's 0 chance that the accused got raped either.

NHLTIM wrote:When the DNA results below her waist showed two other DNA samples not belonging to Kane but to two other guys, the Mother stepped in and tampered with the case. That's how I'm reading it.

I haven't been keeping up with every aspect of this story but this is the first I've heard of this. Are these DNA/rape kit results verified or just speculation? Link please.

STL fan in IA wrote:

I haven't been keeping up with every aspect of this story but this is the first I've heard of this. Are these DNA/rape kit results verified or just speculation? Link please.
They're not official because it's all leaked info. But yes, the story is that Kane's semen was not found, but there were two other semen samples that belonged to other guys. Kane's DNA was found under her fingernails and elsewhere on her body for what it's worth.

Also keep in mind that semen samples up in her lady parts can last up to a week to 10 days. Semen samples on fabric (ie her underwear) can last for years if not bleached. So all that info really means is that she has done some dudes in her day, either very recently or just in general, depending on where it was found. And it means Kaner didn't finish or wore a condom if sex took place.

Like most info that has come out, it's being twisted around by most people to support whichever side you're on.

Whatever happened, I don't see how Kane gets in trouble at this point. The case up to this point has been such a mess publicly. The DA makes the ultimate call, but recently he said "if, not when" in terms of this going before the grand jury, which definitely is music to Kane's ears.