Re: Todd Ewen passed away

CaptSMRT wrote:I am thinking heart attack....or drugs....the only two things that suddenly kill in the night.
Knowing how many hits to the head he took, I'm thinking that he may have had that brain disorder and that makes suicide a sad possibility as well.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

CaptSMRT wrote:I am thinking heart attack....or drugs....the only two things that suddenly kill in the night.
Probert had a massive heart attack on a lake in front of his family in Canada. But in his case it was due to years, maybe DECADES, of cocaine abuse. That takes a MAJOR toll on the heart.

AFAIK Ewen was not a cocaine addict like Probert was. He also was still in pretty good shape I assume. So maybe suicide or a sudden brain death?

He was a little before my time, but it is always sad to lose a member of the blues family especially to suicide.

I used to hate that fighting was getting phased out of the game, but with more and more of these stories about past enforcers struggling I really hope the NHL bans fighting. Obviously the head trauma is a serious concern.