Blues 2015 Training Camp Invitees

Nothing earth-shattering, but some interesting names, a lot of them I'm looking forward to seeing. Who are you looking forward to seeing on the ice?

Forwards:
David Backes
Ivan Barbashev
Cody Beach
Patrik Berglund IR
Samuel Blais
Kyle Brodziak
Troy Brouwer
Patrick Cannone
Jordan Caron
Jaedon Descheneau
Jacob Doty
Liam Dunda
Robby Fabbri
Glenn Gawdin
Justin Hodgman
Dmitrij Jaskin
Danny Kristo
Jori Lehtera IR
Adam Musil
Steve Ott
Magnus Paajarvi
Zach Pochiro
Ty Rattie
Ryan Reaves
Jaden Schwartz
Paul Stastny
Alexander Steen
Vladimir Tarasenko
Ryan Tesink
Jeremy Welsh
C.J. Yakimowicz

Defensemen:
Konrad Abeltshauser
Andre Benoit
Robert Bortuzzo
Jay Bouwmeester
Chris Butler
Vince Dunn
Joel Edmundson
Carl Gunnarsson
Peter Harrold
Petteri Lindbohm
Niko Mikkola
Colton Parayko
Alex Pietrangelo
Jordan Schmaltz
Dmitrii Sergeev
Kevin Shattenkirk
Thomas Vannelli

Goalies:
Jake Allen
Jordan Binnington
Pheonix Copley
Brian Elliott
Niklas Lundstrom
Luke Opilka

Professional Try Outs:
Spencer Asuchak
Scott Gomez
Eriah Hayes
Zach O'brien
Evan Trupp
Scottie Upshall

http://blues.nhl.com/club/roster.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Blues 2015 Training Camp Invitees

Based on what I saw at Prospects Camp, I hope that Carson Stadnyk has a great Prospects Tournament and earns an invite to camp. I think we still have room for a contract for him even if they sign one or both of Upshall and Gomez, as long as we still have enough players that are still eligible for the slide rule. Stadnyk is 20 so his ELC would be unable to slide, but he could still play in he AHL this season.

Beach had a pretty solid second half for the Wolves, so much so they played him in the playoffs, although I'm not sure what impact he'll have with us.

Two names jump out at me on this list, Danny Kristo and Jordan Caron. Danny is the former Hobey Baker winner from UND, and at one time was considered an NHL lock. He's been labeled a bit of a loafer in the past, but he has serious skill and speed, so if he gets his head out of his butt, he may work his way into an NHL job in the future. Jordan is a big bottom three kid who can skate, bang and could probably crack the 4th line in the not too distant future as he has some decent two-way ability (was known as a two-way player in junior) to play the PK.

Just my two-cents...

39hurricane wrote:We better not keep an old crusty over Fabbri.
THAT is NOT going to happen! Fabbri WILL be on The Blues NHL roster AFTER his 9th and 10th played games. Rattie, on the other hand, probabl won't beat out either Gomez, OR Upshall. It will be interesting when Berglund returns.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:I think Gomez or Upshall will the 2015-2016 Chris Porter, but I feel Rattie still has a place on this team. I like what I saw out of him at the end of last season.
I'd rather see Rattie WIN that last forward position over Upshall. But, he'll have to EARN it. I hope he's gotten a lot stronger over this past summer, and will work like a dog to make the team. I think that Gomez will take over for Berglund, allowing Backes to play RW, and him to centre The 3rd Line.