Re: Who is your favorite Blue of all time?

insideout wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:Shanahan. Loved everything about him as a player. Him going after Tkachuk is one of my favorite moments, and one of the better stories from Blues lore.
I always think that fight is pure "lore" because there wasn't really anything to it. Shanny never even dropped his gloves during that fight. Shanny was slapping away with his gloves on while Tkachuk turtled on the ice. It was made out to be much more than it really was.
I suppose I'm biased because I was at the game, but Shanahan wasn't merely cut. His face was ripped open from lip to nose and he still has a nasty scar above his lip to show for it. He came out after getting stitched up and his upper lip was swollen and sticking out so far that I remember thinking he looked like a Matt Groening drawing. Then he scored 2 goals and jumped Tkachuk. Not his fault that Tkachuk didn't want to go. Just the fact the he tried to fight in that condition takes it out of the realm of "pure lore." One punch would have turned his mouth into lasagna.
Oh...all the other stuff ,was great no doubt about it.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Rleggs00 wrote:Brian Sutter!!! The best Captain and Leader this franchise has ever had.
Sutter ALL THE WAY and it's not even close! If the Blues had Sutter now they wouldn't have collapsed against the Kings, Hawks, and Wild like they did!

Remember despite all his greatness Hull NEVER even took the Blues to a conference final which is really pathetic because some of those Hull teams were STACKED with talent and even multiple hall of famers!

I liked a LOT of players fairly equally - Hull, Pronger, MacInnis, Barc and Bob Plager, Brian Sutter, Shanahan, Berenson, Al Arbour, Gilmour, Turgeon, Picard, Demitra, Federko , and Unger. If I had a gun to my head, I guess I'd pick Berenson, but not because he was their best player ever, because he wasn't that.

FuhrFan31 wrote:Geoff Courtnall.

I like gritty scoring wingers who can check the goalie and win a fight. Absolutely loved to watch him in the Note, in both tours.
i still have the full-page "ad" from the post when he retired where they listed all his stats and injuries, then ended it with "...and we're the ones hurting". <3

T.C. wrote:

I like gritty scoring wingers who can check the goalie and win a fight. Absolutely loved to watch him in the Note, in both tours.
i still have the full-page "ad" from the post when he retired where they listed all his stats and injuries, then ended it with "...and we're the ones hurting". <3
found it.
Attachments

Unger was the original Shanahan. And he had cooler hair.
Courtnall, Sutter, both Plagers (sorry Billy) and the Red Baron!
And Harry York cuz he was a big First Nations Rebel...

I really miss the days before helmets. Players kept their fucking sticks DOWN, and their heads UP,
A LOT more scars, but LESS traumatic brain injuries.
Remember in amateur leagues when the ref would yell at you if your stick accidentally came above your shoulders?

Remember when you could easily identify players by their Haircuts and Hair Color?
Gone With the Wind.

T.C. wrote:
T.C. wrote:

found it.
That is ridiculously awesome.