Re: KANE is in trouble.

For the sake of argument, a very good friend of mine has dated 3 professional athletes including one current NHL player (*cough* newly signed San Jose Shark *cough*) and she's just about the last person I can think of who would ever make a false rape claim for money.

The fact that some woman in her early 20s is a "former cheerleader" and "has dated athletes" likely really means nothing more than that she is really fucking attractive.

NHLTIM wrote: Pete.....that's why I used the word "Allegedly" when posting it. I posted it because it was news that is making the rounds today.
I'm pretty sure it's too late to backtrack now on your obvious stance.

Still wondering what was "fishy" about the story.

Keep on digging that hole.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote: Pete.....that's why I used the word "Allegedly" when posting it. I posted it because it was news that is making the rounds today.

Why would I need to backtrack on anything? My only stance has always been that he's innocent until proven guilty and that when he's convicted of rape is when I'll refer to him as a rapist.
What hole am I digging? That I didn't jump on the "Convict Pat Kane" right away like yourself and most everybody else did?
What's funny is that if this was an NHL player, let's say a player for the Hurricanes, nobody would be discussing this at all here.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

HockeyFan85 wrote:

By the way good to see you back to your old self. Welcome back.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

bluetuned wrote:For the sake of argument, a very good friend of mine has dated 3 professional athletes including one current NHL player (*cough* newly signed San Jose Shark *cough*) and she's just about the last person I can think of who would ever make a false rape claim for money.

The fact that some woman in her early 20s is a "former cheerleader" and "has dated athletes" likely really means nothing more than that she is really fucking attractive.
pics or GTFO ;)

bluetuned wrote:For the sake of argument, a very good friend of mine has dated 3 professional athletes including one current NHL player (*cough* newly signed San Jose Shark *cough*) and she's just about the last person I can think of who would ever make a false rape claim for money.

If Kane was not a psychopath I might begin to question this girls story.

NHLTIM wrote: Why would I need to backtrack on anything? My only stance has always been that he's innocent until proven guilty and that when he's convicted of rape is when I'll refer to him as a rapist.
What hole am I digging? That I didn't jump on the "Convict Pat Kane" right away like yourself and most everybody else did?
What's funny is that if this was an NHL player, let's say a player for the Hurricanes, nobody would be discussing this at all here.
But you do think her story is fishy, got it.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote: Why would I need to backtrack on anything? My only stance has always been that he's innocent until proven guilty and that when he's convicted of rape is when I'll refer to him as a rapist.
yes..based on what I read it sounds a bit fishy to me. You may gotten something entirely different from the story but I didn't get all butthurt because you have a different view and automatically believe Kane raped her. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until it's proven. I get it though, we live in a butthurt world where the majority of people get offended very easily on a wide range of subjects. I'm not one of those people though and never will be. I see everybody's point of view...not just my own.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Again, I don't understand the self-righteousness involved in this conversation. There is nothing better about believing Kane to be innocent until proven guilty. There is nothing better about believing the girl's claim. We are spectators who can only speculate. One speculation isn't more morally justifiable than the other in this instance.

I know I'm biased against Kane, but I think those articles are some of the worst that I have ever read. They really reach. If the girl is an evil genius and knows she's going to cry rape and delete her social media accounts, why the hell is she going to tweet song lyrics that would give her away? The headline, "Patrick Kane's Alleged Victim Sang Good Bye to Twitter", is just spreading misinformation. There is absolutely no proof that is what she was doing when she tweeted song lyrics. The headline asserts it as a fact. That kind of misinformation is exactly why a potential rape victim's identity is kept secret. The Niagra Falls Reporter seems to not understand why it is important to do so "even though Kane...is front page news across the country as a result of the rape allegation."

NHLTIM wrote: yes..based on what I read it sounds a bit fishy to me. You may gotten something entirely different from the story but I didn't get all butthurt because you have a different view and automatically believe Kane raped her. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until it's proven. I get it though, we live in a butthurt world where the majority of people get offended very easily on a wide range of subjects. I'm not one of those people though and never will be. I see everybody's point of view...not just my own.
Not sure how the above comments make any sense at all.

Have you seen me indict Kane? No, you didn't.

Funny thing is, I'm willing to give the victim the benefit of the doubt as well - unlike you.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote: yes..based on what I read it sounds a bit fishy to me. You may gotten something entirely different from the story but I didn't get all butthurt because you have a different view and automatically believe Kane raped her. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until it's proven. I get it though, we live in a butthurt world where the majority of people get offended very easily on a wide range of subjects. I'm not one of those people though and never will be. I see everybody's point of view...not just my own.
Not sure how the above comments make any sense at all.

Have you seen me indict Kane? No, you didn't.

Funny thing is, I'm willing to give the victim the benefit of the doubt as well - unlike you.
Hey if he's charged and convicted, I wish Pat Kane everything he's got coming to him and I hope the victim drains his bank account.. Again, I'm not going to let the facts that he's a douchebag and plays for a rival play into it. There are a lot of people thinking that if he's not in the Hawks lineup, then that benefits our Blues, they aren't thinking about the girl at all, that I can assure you. Nobody will admit it that, but thats exactly what some people are thinking whether they are posting here or over at the asylum. Actually I think at least one poster did admit that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

T.C. wrote:

pics or GTFO ;)
Lol not going there, and definitely not in a thread with this subject matter! That was awhile ago for her anyway. She's married to a solid normal dude these days.

I just was having drinks with said girl from my previous post and asked about the Kane situation. Not a whole lot to bring to the table but she did have a few stories that sort of back up how these guys are used to getting whatever they want.

She mentioned Parise as an 18 year old getting the pick of the litter among sorority types (nothing negative about him mind you). She told a story about Vanek (whom she had no awareness of in terms of him being a successful pro) going into a girl's room after she had completely passed out drunk and only being stopped when friends stepped in and basically broke down the door so as to not let their drunk friend do something stupid and jeopardize his future and the girl's well being.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
I question nhltim's judgement at times but it's only bc i believe kane did it -however- thats my opinion whi is why i have not/will not call him out on MY OPINION vs HIS OPINION which he is trying to take all facts into consideration.

Pete, you are taking the wrong stance in your opinion.

You cannot "attack" tim for his opinion strictly bc it differs from urs.

I believe kane is guilty as you do, but until it is PROVEN attacking him as you are for having a differing opinion is asinine.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote:I question nhltim's judgement at times but it's only bc i believe kane did it -however- thats my opinion whi is why i have not/will not call him out on MY OPINION vs HIS OPINION which he is trying to take all facts into consideration.

I believe kane is guilty as you do, but until it is PROVEN attacking him as you are for having a differing opinion is asinine.
First, HUGE NHLTim fan, and I wasn't attacking him for his opinion, just a bit peeved regarding the comments about the alleged victim in a story he posted from a Hawks fan site.

Tim, you're a Blues Brother of mine, and I'm damn proud to know you. Sorry if I came a bit strong at you, but as a father of three girls (and one truly goofy son), I guess I'm a bit thin skinned regarding this matter.

Hockey Pete wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:I question nhltim's judgement at times but it's only bc i believe kane did it -however- thats my opinion whi is why i have not/will not call him out on MY OPINION vs HIS OPINION which he is trying to take all facts into consideration.

First, HUGE NHLTim fan, and I wasn't attacking him for his opinion, just a bit peeved regarding the comments about the alleged victim in a story he posted from a Hawks fan site.

Tim, you're a Blues Brother of mine, and I'm damn proud to know you. Sorry if I came a bit strong at you, but as a father of three girls (and one truly goofy son), I guess I'm a bit thin skinned regarding this matter.
uh oh now you did it Pete...Hockeyfan85 ain't gonna like the bolded above! :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Ozzies09tc wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:
I question nhltim's judgement at times but it's only bc i believe kane did it -however- thats my opinion whi is why i have not/will not call him out on MY OPINION vs HIS OPINION which he is trying to take all facts into consideration.

Ozzie...don't know you personally or who you were on the other forum if anybody, but much respect to you.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Hockey Pete wrote:

Ah. I do apologize for reading too far into ur posts then.

U were coming off pretty strong with ur disagreeing opinion imho
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

NHLTIM wrote: Ozzie...don't know you personally or who you were on the other forum if anybody, but much respect to you.
I was same name, but rarely posted as too much nonsense.

You were actually a poster i heard got banned and was like "they banned TIM with all the ish-spewing the 2 idiotic posters were spewing?" then immediately created my account here and haven't looked back.

You always have some good things to say and typically knowledgeable.

bluetuned wrote:
T.C. wrote:

pics or GTFO ;)
Lol not going there, and definitely not in a thread with this subject matter! That was awhile ago for her anyway. She's married to a solid normal dude these days.
throwback pics are acceptable :mrgreen: