Re: KANE is in trouble.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:She is faking those bite marks.
again, those bite marks don't prove rape and no I'm not defending Kane. He's an idiot for putting himself in these kinds of situations. The story is both disturbing and you have to admit sounds a bit fishy as well. Not sure his career is over but his time as a Chicago Blackhawk is likely over.
Sounds fishy? How so?
Where was her friend during all this? Sitting alone in Kane's house, twiddling their thumbs?

Nothing about this story is any more or less "fishy" than any rape other accusation. They are inherently his word vs. her word. The fact that he is famous and wealthy doesn't really change anything. If she's pursuing criminal charges (which seems like it's the case) means she's not after his money. If she was after a payoff then it probably never would have gone public, and certainly not this quickly.

I hope for the sake of everybody involved that it turns out not to be true. If he is charged then the league has to suspend him. The Hawks are in a bad situation either way.

rbartnik wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:again, those bite marks don't prove rape and no I'm not defending Kane. He's an idiot for putting himself in these kinds of situations. The story is both disturbing and you have to admit sounds a bit fishy as well. Not sure his career is over but his time as a Chicago Blackhawk is likely over.
Sounds fishy? How so?
Where was her friend during all this? Sitting alone in Kane's house, twiddling their thumbs?
Sitting around a famous guy's mansion wasted while she presumes her friend is consensually hooking up with him down the hall? What's so weird about that? It's not like they were in a tiny studio apartment.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:She is faking those bite marks.
again, those bite marks don't prove rape and no I'm not defending Kane. He's an idiot for putting himself in these kinds of situations. The story is both disturbing and you have to admit sounds a bit fishy as well. Not sure his career is over but his time as a Chicago Blackhawk is likely over.
Sounds fishy? How so?
What was the other girl doing when this happened? What about the comments from the bar owner as well as the bar manager regarding the girl and her friend and how they were acting.
If he raped her he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, I'm not denying that but for me, he's still innocent until proven guilty. It's a sad story for both parties involved.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

To me it is definitely more believable to think that one girl fell asleep/passed out and then Ol' Kaner followed the other girl into a different room and raped her compared to two women entrapping a famous athlete.

We'll see how this all shakes out but you have to admit it would be completely insane if that girl planned the scratches, bite marks, sex and then said he raped her. In a situation like this, I believe the woman, especially given Ol' Kaner's reputation.

You can say bite marks, scratches, and accusations don't prove anything but how do people get convicted in cases like this?

I know they're just rumors but I read that the girl turned down a payout to keep her mouth shut early last week.

Best case scenario for Ol' Kaner: he's a anti-Semitic, misogynistic, drunk racists who has a crew of scumbags who bully guys at bars, manipulate women, and he also beat up a cab driver for $0.20.

Worst case scenario for Ol' Kaner: He's all of those things plus a rapist.

NHLTIM wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
Sounds fishy? How so?
What was the other girl doing when this happened? What about the comments from the bar owner as well as the bar manager regarding the girl and her friend and how they were acting.
If he raped her he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, I'm not denying that but for me, he's still innocent until proven guilty. It's a sad story for both parties involved.
I would assume she was sleeping or perhaps didn't want to follow her friend to the restroom or something?

I think the bar owner is covering for his boy Kane. The girls are acting? Weird. That is some high level psycho behavior if true...which seems so outlandish that's it's almost funny.

He's innocent until proven guilty but I have no idea how anyone can look at what we have seen so far and not think evidence is stacking up against Kane. What's his defense? We had sex and now she's shaking me down, even though she declined hush money already? What's her motive if she's pursuing criminal charges?

Agreed that it's a terrible situation all around. No idea wtf is wrong with Kane.

Nothing the bar owner says is particularly valid at all. A girl went out of her way to flirt with a famous person?? News at 11!

Just because somebody flirts with a guy and then goes home with him =/= consenting to sex later on. No still means no, regardless of how much she batted her eyelashes at him earlier in the night.

Kane still may be innocent of the charges, but there is little to no reason to suspect the girl is lying as of now. Let's face it... if you're Kane it's worth a lot of money to make this go away quietly. The fact that she even went to the police in the first place makes me think there could be something to it. We shall see.

bluetuned wrote:Nothing the bar owner says is particularly valid at all. A girl went out of her way to flirt with a famous person?? News at 11!

Just because somebody flirts with a guy and then goes home with him =/= consenting to sex later on. No still means no, regardless of how much she batted her eyelashes at him earlier in the night.

Kane still may be innocent of the charges, but there is little to no reason to suspect the girl is lying as of now. Let's face it... if you're Kane it's worth a lot of money to make this go away quietly. The fact that she even went to the police in the first place makes me think there could be something to it. We shall see.
Yeah, I'm not saying Kane is guilty, but I hate how a lot of people (not saying on here, just around the internet in general) are jumping to the conclusion that it has to be a false accusation because he's famous and that she's after money...because A) rape is a heavily under reported crime in general and B) only 2-10% of rape cases are false accusations, so its really the most unlikely outcome in this scenario.

I hope he's innocent though, not because I like Kane, but because that means a girl didn't get raped.

I don't like Kane's image, which has been made based on how he behaves. I don't like the way he comes off in personal interviews. he appears to be arrogant, full of himself, and condescending. He has made some foolish mistakes as well. But, even given all that, I hope the young woman's accusations have no basis in fact. I really don't want a stain on hockey, even though these things happen in all pro sports.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
bluetuned wrote:Nothing the bar owner says is particularly valid at all. A girl went out of her way to flirt with a famous person?? News at 11!

Yeah, I'm not saying Kane is guilty, but I hate how a lot of people (not saying on here, just around the internet in general) are jumping to the conclusion that it has to be a false accusation because he's famous and that she's after money...because A) rape is a heavily under reported crime in general and B) only 2-10% of rape cases are false accusations, so its really the most unlikely outcome in this scenario.

I hope he's innocent though, not because I like Kane, but because that means a girl didn't get raped.[/quote]

That's what I've said also. And NHLTim, you may not 'be defending' Kane in your mind, but sorry, it does come across that way, as you seem very dismissive of the evidence that has been reported so far, and supportive of Kane's innocence just because it is her word vs his.

Simple question: What would this girl have to to gain by reporting this to the police as a false accusation? I cannot see anything positive coming out of this for the accuser.

Not saying your an ass, but the fact that so many people have a hard time believing a woman can be raped by a famous person is just nonsense. The doubt that fans, police, and the courts even give towards cases like this unfortunately empowers a holes who use their fame to rape and harm others.

One thing to keep in mind: $$$ only makes a person more of who they already are. If you are an asshole, you'll be more of one. If your compassion, you will be more compassionate.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Just read in the asylum's thread about this some people think he will "settle outside of court." LOL. Apparently over there they think you can pay off a criminal trial outside of court! :lol:

I guess Kane could pay her off to drop charges, but IF there is physical evidence then the state could still press charges, although it would probably be a difficult case to make without victim testimony.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on the incident personally and just hope the cops do a fair and through investigation.

What I hate is the hypocrisy in the NHL and other places.

Richards has a terrible contract and sucks on the ice, find some coke on him at the border. Done!

Stoll arrested for possession of X and coke, contract extension.

3 time Cup winner Kane..... will have to wait and see.

bradleygt89 wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:

I hope he's innocent though, not because I like Kane, but because that means a girl didn't get raped.[/quote]

That's what I've said also. And NHLTim, you may not 'be defending' Kane in your mind, but sorry, it does come across that way, as you seem very dismissive of the evidence that has been reported so far, and supportive of Kane's innocence just because it is her word vs his.

Simple question: What would this girl have to to gain by reporting this to the police as a false accusation? I cannot see anything positive coming out of this for the accuser.

Not saying your an ass, but the fact that so many people have a hard time believing a woman can be raped by a famous person is just nonsense. The doubt that fans, police, and the courts even give towards cases like this unfortunately empowers a holes who use their fame to rape and harm others.

One thing to keep in mind: $$$ only makes a person more of who they already are. If you are an asshole, you'll be more of one. If your compassion, you will be more compassionate.
I'm not supporting Pat Kane and I'm not supporting the victim. I'm more than happy to let the case play out, but so many people on social media as well as here and the asylum played judge, jury, and executioner for Kane when he hasn't even been charged with any crime yet, it was sickening.
Personally for me, I don't want to see a black mark like this on the NHL but I suppose it's probably too late for that. As for the evidence, from what's been detailed that we know, it still seems very much like a "he said she said" case. Not sure how they prove rape or how they prove no rape with the details we've been giving. It seems like if they have other evidence such as video(and that's not out of the question) seems like he would have been arrested by now.
Let me be very clear here, I think Patrick Kane is an idiot that continually puts himself in bad situations. He's obviously got a major character flaw. When he's been convicted of rape, that's when I will refer to him as a rapist.
At this point though, he's going to being making a payment to that victim regardless of any legal outcome, I don't think there is any doubt about that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

bradleygt89 wrote:]

Let's be honest, you are definitely implying I'm an ass here and for the record, I never stated that a woman can't be raped by a pro athlete nor have I ever believed that.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:]

Let's be honest, you are definitely implying I'm an ass here and for the record, I never stated that a woman can't be raped by a pro athlete nor have I ever believed that.
Nope, I'm not saying you are. As we both no from many conversation Tim, it is not easy to get a full context of what someone is trying to say on here, or on social media. That's why I said, 'not calling you', but the viewpoint of many in society, and one it appears you are treading on, is that if a woman says she was raped, by anyone, there is immediately doubt in many minds of the truthfulness of the accusation. When it is a famous person, celebrity, athlete, etc. that doubt is magnified tremendously, because we as a society, even if it is an athlete we do not like, don't want to see the 'mark' on the endeavour we are a fan of, or we believe there are other motivation (revenge, financial, attention seeker, etc.). I have yet to see most of those who have that viewpoint say they don't want to see 'a mark' on the woman accusing Kane.

Let me put it like this: when Kane punched the cab driver, there was immediate condemnation and belief he was guilty, and I don't remember there being immediate video evidence of this. THat is the stigma and difference that sexual assault carries. It is easier to believe that a man would assault, rob, deal drugs, do drugs, murder, etc than it is for them to be guilty of rape.

And again, I ask the same question for those who doubt the woman's story, because I cannot find an answer while reflecting on it: What motivation does she have to lie and take it to the police?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

39hurricane wrote:I'm going to refrain from commenting on the incident personally and just hope the cops do a fair and through investigation.

Richards has a terrible contract and sucks on the ice, find some coke on him at the border. Done!

They found drugs literally in the possession of these players. It's very black and white.

A rape investigation is a he said-she said, especially when the investigation is in its infancy.

They are absolutely totally different circumstances.

CanadaCajanek21 wrote:
39hurricane wrote:I'm going to refrain from commenting on the incident personally and just hope the cops do a fair and through investigation.

They found drugs literally in the possession of these players. It's very black and white.

A rape investigation is a he said-she said, especially when the investigation is in its infancy.

They are absolutely totally different circumstances.
I don't mean to speak for 39, but I believe the point he was making was that Richards was caught with cocaine on him and because of his horrible contract, he's done. But, even though Stoll was also caught with X and cocaine he has a new contract extension. The point being (and if I'm wrong 39 please feel free to correct anything I've gotten wrong) the within the NHL there seems to be no standard and that players are going to be treated differently after getting in trouble based on their importance to their team and if they are 'living up' to their contract.

I don't think he was comparing getting busted with drugs to a sexual assault. Just how I read his post.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

bradleygt89 wrote:And again, I ask the same question for those who doubt the woman's story, because I cannot find an answer while reflecting on it: What motivation does she have to lie and take it to the police?
Does it matter? People -can- be crazy. Remember the Duke lacrosse case when the victim recanted? You can't take it as truth just because it's awful and you can't think of a reason to lie about it.

That said, I'm not saying he's innocent or she's lying. There's no way to tell with the information that's been made available. I hope to hell it's bogus because it's a horrible crime and nobody should have to suffer that, but if it really is true, I hope they can prove it and that things go very, very badly for him.

rbartnik wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote:And again, I ask the same question for those who doubt the woman's story, because I cannot find an answer while reflecting on it: What motivation does she have to lie and take it to the police?
Does it matter? People -can- be crazy. Remember the Duke lacrosse case when the victim recanted? You can't take it as truth just because it's awful and you can't think of a reason to lie about it.

That said, I'm not saying he's innocent or she's lying. There's no way to tell with the information that's been made available. I hope to hell it's bogus because it's a horrible crime and nobody should have to suffer that, but if it really is true, I hope they can prove it and that things go very, very badly for him.
Right, you're not saying she's lying - just that it's "fishy." Got it...

HockeyFan85 wrote:
rbartnik wrote:

Right, you're not saying she's lying - just that it's "fishy." Got it...
Do you actually have anything to contribute, or are you just going to be a passive-aggressive twat like usual?