Re: KANE is in trouble.

Hockey Pete wrote:
I think Tim is speaking from a purely "evidential" point of view, a point that I agree with. Even if she was raped, which is absolutely horrible, unless there is some corroborating evidence to show force (bruising or evidence of a drug), it's highly unlikely that he is charged, much less convicted of rape, as it simply doesn't meet the standard of "beyond reasonable doubt", as doubt was created if she voluntarily traveled to his residence.

That said, if some evidence is present (bruising), police will still wait to arrest the offender as to first build a solid foundation of "how" the act was perpetrated. So IMO, this could go either way at this point.
Thanks Pete, that's exactly what I'm saying. The big question that I guess everybody is waiting to hear is was this a "she said no" situation or was this consensual sex with and underage girl that maybe he didn't realize was underage.
I don't doubt he's in some trouble but I'm not going to label the man a rapist at this point.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

CDRShephard wrote:On the lighter side: Can we get him off the cover of NHL 16 now?
I don't think there is any doubt that EA is going to change their cover.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

I'm not going to speculate one way or another if this is a legitimate rape case. But we had a similar scandal here and it ended up getting one of our greatest players traded out of town. Wonder if it comes to that in Chi-town? Selfishly, I sure hope so.

blueslifer wrote:I'm not going to speculate one way or another if this is a legitimate rape case. But we had a similar scandal here and it ended up getting one of our greatest players traded out of town. Wonder if it comes to that in Chi-town? Selfishly, I sure hope so.

That turned out to be a lie...if the girl went to the hospital to get a rape kit, and there are samples of Kane DNA....case closed.

CaptSMRT wrote:
blueslifer wrote:I'm not going to speculate one way or another if this is a legitimate rape case. But we had a similar scandal here and it ended up getting one of our greatest players traded out of town. Wonder if it comes to that in Chi-town? Selfishly, I sure hope so.

That turned out to be a lie...if the girl went to the hospital to get a rape kit, and there are samples of Kane DNA....case closed.
Sorry but that doesn't prove rape. How do you know they didn't have consensual sex? We don't know yet.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Sorry but that doesn't prove rape. How do you know they didn't have consensual sex? We don't know yet.
The foundation of consensual sex is that both parties are in agreement on the sex occurring. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that the police are investigating because one of the parties here was not down.

NHLTIM wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

considering the public scrutiny and skepticism a woman who come forward as a rape victim is normally subject to, and even more so with a public figure such as Kane, I don't think a woman would typically lie about such a thing. Then again, it does happen, but unfortunately statistics show that way, way more women are raped who never come forward than there are those who come forward under false pretences in a desire for revenge, payout, etc.).
"Do Only Good Everyday"

I think part of what Tim is trying to say is that a rape kit isn't necessarily going to be able to tell the difference between "I don't want to do this" and "I wish I hadn't done this." Maybe she said no and he continued. Maybe he told her to hit the bricks after sobering up following consensual sex, and she decided to cry rape as a way to get him back. Since, as many have pointed out, we don't yet know much of the story, either scenario is plausible.

CaptSMRT wrote:

The foundation of consensual sex is that both parties are in agreement on the sex occurring. I am going out on a limb here and guessing that the police are investigating because one of the parties here was not down.
I'm thinking it was consensual sex with an underage girl and they are looking at a statutory rape charge against him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MissouriMook wrote:I think part of what Tim is trying to say is that a rape kit isn't necessarily going to be able to tell the difference between "I don't want to do this" and "I wish I hadn't done this." Maybe she said no and he continued. Maybe he told her to hit the bricks after sobering up following consensual sex, and she decided to cry rape as a way to get him back. Since, as many have pointed out, we don't yet know much of the story, either scenario is plausible.
Exactly Mook.......am I that hard to understand lately?

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
MissouriMook wrote:I think part of what Tim is trying to say is that a rape kit isn't necessarily going to be able to tell the difference between "I don't want to do this" and "I wish I hadn't done this." Maybe she said no and he continued. Maybe he told her to hit the bricks after sobering up following consensual sex, and she decided to cry rape as a way to get him back. Since, as many have pointed out, we don't yet know much of the story, either scenario is plausible.
Yes you are. Now, would you please start saying things exactly the way I would so that I know exactly what you mean? Thanks. I'll hang up and listen. :)
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

NHLTIM wrote:
I think it is due to it being such a sensitive subject. PLUS the fact that this guy is already hated by us puts an admited bias, but as I said, I don't think anyone would wish that their least favorite player would go out because of a rape charge, because that means someone else was hurt.

I was truly hoping it was a something he did to himself. But then again, he may be innocent. As I said earlier, no matter what the outcome is, there will always be those who doubt justice was done.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Hires a lawyer...but no charges filed yet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... -1.2319065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah, that's probably not a good scene for him to be at right now: "This year, tentative plans called for Kane to bring the Cup to Buffalo Women’s and Children’s Hospital during what was supposed to be a private visit. Those plans fell through once reports of the police investigation surfaced."
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ratonmono wrote:http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/brea ... =vanhoutte

New article on Kane's situation. Doesn't appear to be a statutory case. If true, he's an even bigger douche than I ever imagined he could be.
I am trying very hard to remain neutral until "sources close to the investigation" become something more along the lines of "the paper has obtained copies of the police report and the results of the rape kit." It's way to easy to treat these 'sources' as fact before all the evidence is collected. Now, these sources could be 100% correct, but until more credible and factual, I'm going to with hold off on not liking him for anything other than being a Blackhawk.

On the hockey only side of this; I am still wondering IF he is arrested (just arrested) will the NHL suspend him indefinitely, like they did to Slava Voynov? I don't see how they can get away with not suspending him. Will they treat a high profile star differently than they did a role playing defender? This could turn in to a very ugly black eye for the NHL should they not suspend him.

Another hockey aspect, IF he does get suspended, how does that affect the cap for Chicago? If he is suspended, does his salary still count against the cap? I know the Kings got cap relief for the Voynov situation by being allowed to put him on LTIR. Will the difference in the two situations cause the NHL to do something different?

I don't think it should it should be treated any different until Kane is convicted of something. Voynov got arrested then he got suspended. The same should happen to Kane. If he gets arrested, he should be suspended. Voynov has turned himself in and is serving his 90 day sentence. What happens after he is released will be interesting to see. Again, if Kane has done what is being reported, I don't see him getting just a 90 sentence. I would imagine it would be considerably longer.

There are going to be a lot of non-hockey people watching to see how this one gets handled. Something like this, if handled poorly by the NHL, could do irreparable damage to the league.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

CaptSMRT wrote:She is faking those bite marks.
again, those bite marks don't prove rape and no I'm not defending Kane. He's an idiot for putting himself in these kinds of situations. The story is both disturbing and you have to admit sounds a bit fishy as well. Not sure his career is over but his time as a Chicago Blackhawk is likely over.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
again, those bite marks don't prove rape and no I'm not defending Kane. He's an idiot for putting himself in these kinds of situations. The story is both disturbing and you have to admit sounds a bit fishy as well. Not sure his career is over but his time as a Chicago Blackhawk is likely over.
With a $10.5M cap hit until the end of the 2022-2023 season, how many teams will take on that kind of money on a player that obviously has issues off the ice that could prevent him from playing on the ice? I'm sure there are teams that would take him just to reach the cap floor, but Chicago may get next to nothing in return. With that kind of salary and that personal history, why would anyone give Chicago anything more than some low level prospects and/or late round draft choices?

I'm sure if Kane is made available, some team will take him, but Chicago will probably get fleeced in the deal; retained salary, no NHL ready players and the like. Then there's the chance that I'm completely wrong and Chicago ends up with the first overall pick three years in a row. Or something just as depressing (from a Blues point of view).

I have to be honest, I was not expecting this story to take that turn.

Girl was there with a friend, called a relative, immediately went to the hospital for a rape kit, has bite marks, and went to the police.

I'd be surprised (to put it lightly) if this turns out to be false accusations. She would have to be Gone Girl crazy for there not to be fire with this smoke.

NHLTIM wrote:

Bite marks do not prove rape. They could be anything. If the woman is claiming she was sexually assaulted it will be difficult to prove if the only two witnesses are her and Kane. Considering his history I am going to side with the victim if she says it was rape.

NHLTIM wrote:
Sounds fishy? How so?