Re: Whoa. Lou GM of the Leafs

wizard pork sword wrote:He's 72. My guess is they didn't think Dubas was ready just yet and want Lou to come in as kind of a "caretaker" for a couple of years and groom Dubas.
I wonder if he's also going to be a caretaker in the sense of helping Shanny get his feet on the ground over the next two years.

barcthespark wrote:In related news, it was determined the Leafs tampered with him while he was still under contract with New Jersey. As punishment the NHL has decided the Blues must give New Jersey 5 number 1 draft picks.

I posted this over in the Asylum......can't wait to see how many over there think it was a serious comment!

So Shanahan hires Lamoriello, 24 years after leaving New Jersey to sign with the Blues, costing the Blues Scott Stevens.

I think it's obvious now Shanny and Lou were in cahoots from the beginning, and this is the final payoff for a long running conspiracy! We need a crack reporter to follow the money trail and see if Lou takes some of his crisp, new Maple Leaf money and buys Judge Houston a sweet new Cadillac!

So I'm guessing Lou must have had some sort of "out" clause in his contract with the Devils. This is really interesting stuff from a sports business perspective.

I can't recall an instance where an executive who is still under contract to a team has taken a job which is a step down from his current position. In a league like MLB that would be tampering.

If I'm the Devils I'm livid. I wonder if David Conte will surface in Toronto.

BluesSK wrote:So I'm guessing Lou must have had some sort of "out" clause in his contract with the Devils. This is really interesting stuff from a sports business perspective.

I can't recall an instance where an executive who is still under contract to a team has taken a job which is a step down from his current position. In a league like MLB that would be tampering.

Rutherford did something someone similiar leaving the Canes for Pittsburgh.

Fred Garvin wrote:
BluesSK wrote:So I'm guessing Lou must have had some sort of "out" clause in his contract with the Devils. This is really interesting stuff from a sports business perspective.

Rutherford did something someone similiar leaving the Canes for Pittsburgh.
Yes, that's right. What a shitty memory I have.