Favorite Non-Blue of all time: Bobby Orr
Favorite musician of all time: Waylon Jennings
What kind of work do you do: Retired Trucking Supervisor
Favorite non-Hockey passed time:Writing
Favorite book: The Winds of War - Herman Wouk
Where are you located: Monroe County
Best vacation location you've be to: Switzerland
Favorite Presidential candidate: John F. Kennedy
What super power would you want: All of them.
What? Laurueskee at the asylum said that you are a woman who worked for the Blues, and that your job was monitoring the STLToday forums for the Blues, and the reason you don't post over there anymore is because you're retired!

(Thats not a joke, he really said that over there a month or so ago)

Re: Hello, my name is Fred and I'm a Bluesaholic

bradleygt89 wrote:Age: 44 :evil:
Favorite Blue of all time: Past = Hull Current = Tarasenko
Favorite Non-Blue of all time: Past = Teemu Selänne Current: Stamkos
Favorite musician of all time: Band: Rush & Led Zeppelin Solo: Billy Joel (edit: and Johnny Cash)
What kind of work do you do: NYB :) (JK; I have my own marketing company and also a FT dad)
Favorite non-Hockey passed time: Space stuff; family time, beach, outdoors,
Favorite book: Anything by Louis L'Amour and currently just finished the "Martian" (excellent, cannot wait for movie!)
Best vacation location you've be to: Puerto Rico and St. Thomas both were awesome.
Where are you located: Florida (Sarasota area)
Favorite Presidential candidate: None yet announced.Independent/Libertarian.
What super power would you want: Immortality
Wow, I was just in Sarasota on Monday. Had a nice late lunch at Patrick's on Main.

MissouriMook wrote:
Favorite Blue of all time: Past = Hull Current = Tarasenko
Favorite Non-Blue of all time: Past = Teemu Selänne Current: Stamkos
Favorite musician of all time: Band: Rush & Led Zeppelin Solo: Billy Joel (edit: and Johnny Cash)
What kind of work do you do: NYB :) (JK; I have my own marketing company and also a FT dad)
Favorite non-Hockey passed time: Space stuff; family time, beach, outdoors,
Favorite book: Anything by Louis L'Amour and currently just finished the "Martian" (excellent, cannot wait for movie!)
Best vacation location you've be to: Puerto Rico and St. Thomas both were awesome.
Where are you located: Florida (Sarasota area)
Favorite Presidential candidate: None yet announced.Independent/Libertarian.
What super power would you want: Immortality
Wow, I was just in Sarasota on Monday. Had a nice late lunch at Patrick's on Main.
Nice, downtown Sarasota is a good place. Everything closes ultra early in the area, but some good bistro's and cafe's about. We were just downtown a this place, believe it used to be a garage. Real good selection of beer: https://www.facebook.com/MandevilleBeerGarden" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come down this way again, holla. Any excuse to get out a bit is a good one :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ccfan22 wrote:Age: 28
Favorite Blue of all time: Craig Conroy
Favorite Non-Blue of all time: Lemieux for a player I've seen in my lifetime, Orr for a player I haven't.
Favorite musician of all time: Elton John
What kind of work do you do: People Analytics
Favorite non-Hockey past time: back country backpacking and camping
Favorite book: Anything Grisham
Where are you located: South County
Best vacation location you've be to: Negril, Jamaica or Vancouver BC
Favorite Presidential candidate: That rug really tied the room together.
What super power would you want: Ability to afford glass seat season tickets.
The Dude for President!!!!
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

UMSLBlues12 wrote:
barnburner wrote:Age: 68
Favorite Blue of all time: Bobby Plager
What? Laurueskee at the asylum said that you are a woman who worked for the Blues, and that your job was monitoring the STLToday forums for the Blues, and the reason you don't post over there anymore is because you're retired!
LOL. Yeah, I saw his post. The only part he got right, was that I have been retired for 12 years. The guy is seriously troubled, or he is himself hired by the PD to post his conspiracy theories to draw more clicks.

Favorite book: Anything by Louis L'Amour
Alright! A Louis L'Amour fan!
A man after my own heart. I've got just about everything Louis ever wrote, including short stories. Admittedly, some of his novels were pretty basic, but some including:
Last of the Breed
Bendigo Shafter
Last Stand at Papago Wells
Conagher
were absolutely top shelf writing. About 4 years ago, I decided to act on a longheld dream and started writing novels, westerns and detective stories. Much of what I read in L'Amour's writings, along with others like Mickey Spillane, James Michener, Ken Follett, Lee Childs, and James Alexander Thom, helped get me started.

barnburner wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:
barnburner wrote:Age: 68
Favorite Blue of all time: Bobby Plager
LOL. Yeah, I saw his post. The only part he got right, was that I have been retired for 12 years. The guy is seriously troubled, or he is himself hired by the PD to post his conspiracy theories to draw more clicks.

However, if you were really a woman pretending to be a man to secretly monitor Blues fan activity, would you blow your cover? You are in too deep now, too many lines have been crossed, too many bridges burned, the only way out is through the heart of darkness. Sell the pucks, sell the nets, sell the Tarasenko's. You are never coming home.

barnburner wrote:
A man after my own heart. I've got just about everything Louis ever wrote, including short stories. Admittedly, some of his novels were pretty basic, but some including:
Last of the Breed
Bendigo Shafter
Conagher
were absolutely top shelf writing. About 4 years ago, I decided to act on a longheld dream and started writing novels, westerns and detective stories. Much of what I read in L'Amour's writings, along with others like Mickey Spillane, James Michener, Ken Follett, Lee Childs, and James Alexander Thom, helped get me started.
Last of the Breed was phenomenal. That was probably his best character writing, you just couldn't help but get engrossed in the story.

What got me started was my sister-in-law as she had a couple of the "Sacketts' titles ( I believe it was The Daybreakers), and I just love their story. They followed a similar trail my own ancestors did (as did thousands of others who came to MO and the west in the 1800's) so it was cool to read the family story from the Appalachians to the Rockies.

Good luck with the writing, that is great you've got going. I've been starting and stopping off and on for the last few years. Easier to start than to continue ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
barnburner wrote:
Last of the Breed
Bendigo Shafter
Conagher
Last of the Breed was phenomenal. That was probably his best character writing, you just couldn't help but get engrossed in the story.

What got me started was my sister-in-law as she had a couple of the "Sacketts' titles ( I believe it was The Daybreakers), and I just love their story. They followed a similar trail my own ancestors did (as did thousands of others who came to MO and the west in the 1800's) so it was cool to read the family story from the Appalachians to the Rockies.

Good luck with the writing, that is great you've got going. I've been starting and stopping off and on for the last few years. Easier to start than to continue ;)
Without a doubt, Last of the Breed was his masterpiece. A guy I worked with, read a lot, and always turned up his nose at L'Amour novels. I finally lent him Last of the Breed, and he became an instant convert.
I was also a fan of the Sackett stories for much the same reason. My family on my mother's side came from Ireland, and over time, progressed westward to Mississippi, Tennesee, and Arkansas, and California. My first western novels were, much like the Sackett novels, based on that story.
Writing has been a learning experience. What I've found, is when I feel like I have no ideas, the thing to do, is just write something, anything. It seems to engage the brain.
I don't really claim to be a writer, but I do believe I'm a pretty good story teller. (My Irish half. Lol)
So far, I've published 17 ebooks, working on #18. My sales are never going to put me in another tax bracket, but I've sold more than I ever expected. I just enjoy the fact that a great many people enjoy my stories.
Thanks for the good wishes!