Petteri Lindbolm

Looks like he is penciled in as a regular. He turns 22 in late September. He just experienced his first year in the states getting acclimated and played well enough to earn PT with the big club. An off season of building his strength he should be even better this upcoming season. He can play in all situations, can play physical when called for and adds some offense. Looking for 6+ goals, 20+- assists. Wonder what his role will be late next season?

Re: Petteri Lindbolm

barnburner wrote:
ratonmono wrote:By late next season my hope is that he has supplanted Gunnarsson in the top 4.
On the other hand, my hope is that Gunny has played so well that he cannot be replaced, thereby making the overall starting 6 much better.
I'm OK with that too. It's easy to forget about his hip injury, he has played much better in his career than he did last season. Hopefully he is fully healed this year.

I think #5 d-man expectations is about right for Lindbohm. I suppose Borts could be considered #5 and Lindy #6 but considering Borts plays the right side, as do Petro and Shatty, I think Borts is likely to play less on average than Lindy.

My hope is that in time Lindy can become a good 2nd pairing d-man but if he tops out as a 3rd pairing guy, so be it.

I would also hope to see a bounce back year from Gunnar...I guess I'm just not super optimistic about that happening I guess though.

All I'm going to really expect out of him this year is to be a solid bottom pairing guy. If he can work his way into the discussion for a bigger role then that's great, but hopefully we don't need it. If JayBo and Gunnarsson play up to their previous skill level this year then Lindbohm can just spend the season learning and gradually increasing his playing time. Those two seemed really hampered by injuries, so it's conceivable they could both be better.

In the long run I'd love to see Lindbohm become a solid, two-way 2nd pairing LHD, in the Hjalmarsson mold.

barnburner wrote:
ratonmono wrote:By late next season my hope is that he has supplanted Gunnarsson in the top 4.
On the other hand, my hope is that Gunny has played so well that he cannot be replaced, thereby making the overall starting 6 much better.

Did you go to Colorado and get hooked on weed?

CaptSMRT wrote:
barnburner wrote:

Did you go to Colorado and get hooked on weed?
there's no way that happened. You cannot get 'hooked on weed' ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

STL fan in IA wrote:I think #5 d-man expectations is about right for Lindbohm. I suppose Borts could be considered #5 and Lindy #6 but considering Borts plays the right side, as do Petro and Shatty, I think Borts is likely to play less on average than Lindy.

My hope is that in time Lindy can become a good 2nd pairing d-man but if he tops out as a 3rd pairing guy, so be it.

I would also hope to see a bounce back year from Gunnar...I guess I'm just not super optimistic about that happening I guess though.
Agreed, the right side is set going into the season, as Bort solidifies that 3rd slot.

What I like about Bomber is his skill-set and confidence going into the season. He's very mobile for a big kid, decent vision, and confident in his physical game (the latter being what Cole lost), so I find myself a little excited to see how he will grow this season. With question marks surrounding Jay and Carl's health, we could use a kid like that to step up.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is that Lindbohm has a boomer from the point. I'd love to see him mature enough to steal Gunnarsson's spot, in conjunction with Edmundson proving he can man the #5/6 spot. We'd then have a missing dynamic on this team with massive slapshots from the point...not to mention more size and toughness. It would also allow us to trade Gunnarsson for a forward.

I really like Lindbohm's play, but I only go off of others' word on Edmundson, as I haven't seen him play much. I'm really rooting for our prospects to make the jump sooner than expected and push some vets out.

Hockey Pete wrote:
STL fan in IA wrote:I think #5 d-man expectations is about right for Lindbohm. I suppose Borts could be considered #5 and Lindy #6 but considering Borts plays the right side, as do Petro and Shatty, I think Borts is likely to play less on average than Lindy.

Agreed, the right side is set going into the season, as Bort solidifies that 3rd slot.

What I like about Bomber is his skill-set and confidence going into the season. He's very mobile for a big kid, decent vision, and confident in his physical game (the latter being what Cole lost), so I find myself a little excited to see how he will grow this season. With question marks surrounding Jay and Carl's health, we could use a kid like that to step up.
One of the things that worries me the most going into this season is that we will have a question mark associated with every LHD on the ice, regardless of who is out there. Hopefully each of them will eliminate their own question mark, but the law of averages (and my own natural pessimism) suggests that at least one of these concerns will come to fruition.

I just hope he is allowed to play his style. His attitude and then desire to jump into play needs to be welcomed, not constrained. Tired of trying to mold every forward into a 2-way thinker and every defenseman to play cautious. Let what works for a player to get this far, work for the team.

Hockey Pete wrote:

I'm just chiming in to thank you for derailing the whole "Lindy" nickname before it gained traction. Bomber or bust. Dude's a hockey player.

I have high hopes for Lindbohm.

This year a consistently good #5 is what I expect from him. I like his ceiling a lot, and I think with some time he could be a top pairing LHD. His game translated very easily to the NHL, and he played like a vet. He will eventually be a top 4 guy as soon as this year or next.

MissouriMook wrote:One of the things that worries me the most going into this season is that we will have a question mark associated with every LHD on the ice, regardless of who is out there. Hopefully each of them will eliminate their own question mark, but the law of averages (and my own natural pessimism) suggests that at least one of these concerns will come to fruition.
The LHD ?'s not only include every player on the ice but every depth position as well. If all the question marks pan out this season could very well be one of the most balanced defensive squads the Blues have ever had. Then again if none of the question marks pan out it could be an absolute disaster of a season. Really we could see either extreme but most likely would be somewhere in the middle, that part I agree with.