Re: Frank is signed!

StL Dan wrote:Absolutely love this deal. We just locked up a top 10 goal scorer for the better part of a decade. The annual salary numbers look sort of odd....would like to know the logic behind it.
I believe its lockout protection. The small numbers (5.5M) occur in years when a lockout is possible. At least thats what I read somewhere.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:According to Korac, Tarasenko told Army that he wants to be part of the leadership.

Two A's available right now (Oshie and Jackman gone), who do they go to? I see four players who could get them-Stastny, Schwartz, Shattenkirk, Tarasenko.
If they are serious about getting a younger leadership group, it's hard to argue with Shatty and Tank taking the A's. Give Schwartz then next A that becomes available. (most likely Steen's in 2 years)

UMSLBlues12 wrote:According to Korac, Tarasenko told Army that he wants to be part of the leadership.

Two A's available right now (Oshie and Jackman gone), who do they go to? I see four players who could get them-Stastny, Schwartz, Shattenkirk, Tarasenko.
Something tells me he'll have the C before long.

Sneptsmoustache wrote:Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 5m5 minutes ago
#stlblues Sign Tarasenko to 8 yr deal....breakdown as follows $8, $8, $7, $7, $9.5, $5.5, $9.5 $5

Weird breakdown. But great deal, fair for both sides. Love it.

Maybe he's more tradeable (if even necessary of course) in those last 3 years?

deadphish wrote:
Sneptsmoustache wrote:Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 5m5 minutes ago
#stlblues Sign Tarasenko to 8 yr deal....breakdown as follows $8, $8, $7, $7, $9.5, $5.5, $9.5 $5

Weird breakdown. But great deal, fair for both sides. Love it.

Maybe he's more tradeable (if even necessary of course) in those last 3 years?
Those are the two years where there is a potential stoppage.

The last year is right after the CBA ends, and the other year is the early opt out year.

So less money in questionable years and more in guaranteed years means more money in his pocket if there is a lockout.

Very smart planning.

Frank is happy, I am happy. Lets. Go. Blues.

As a delusional fan I am now placing my bets on Fabbri making the team, Petro and Shatty both having outstanding years, Army finds a way to move Gunner and Ott, and Jaybo and Stastny return to optimum form and have career years, leading us to win the Stanley Cup.

:)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:Frank is happy, I am happy. Lets. Go. Blues.

As a delusional fan I am now placing my bets on Fabbri making the team, Petro and Shatty both having outstanding years, Army finds a way to move Gunner and Ott, and Jaybo and Stastny return to optimum form and have career years, leading us to win the Stanley Cup.

Do you really think there will be that much turn over, Armstrong signed Stastny, do you think he will be ready to cut and run so soon?

Honestly I really don't think all of that is out of the question.

I think people forget just how good of a team we've got.

Ha! They gotcha! They do it every damn time. They got me too... :D

CaptSMRT wrote:

Do you really think there will be that much turn over, Armstrong signed Stastny, do you think he will be ready to cut and run so soon?
think you misread/understood my silliness "Army moves Gunner and Ott" and "Jaybo and Stastny return to optimum form and have career years (while still with the Blues should have clarified perhaps)" :)

rato: I can only be negative and pissed for so long. No fun being a po'd fan more than a couple of months ;)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

think you misread/understood my silliness "Army moves Gunner and Ott" and "Jaybo and Stastny return to optimum form and have career years (while still with the Blues should have clarified perhaps)" :)

rato: I can only be negative and pissed for so long. No fun being a po'd fan more than a couple of months ;)
Here here, I'm right there with you. Amazing how locking up a franchise player to a club friendly deal for 8 years can help flip that switch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

HockeyFan85 wrote:

Honestly I really don't think all of that is out of the question.

There's that hope sneaking in again. Happens every off-season. :P

Doug Glatt wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote: Honestly I really don't think all of that is out of the question.

There's that hope sneaking in again. Happens every off-season. :P
I tried to remain positive throughout. I was disappointed in the first round exit, but not as much as most were. I certainly wasn't ever calling for a complete dismantling of the squad or the removal of Armstrong/Hitch.

The only move I specifically wanted to see was Oshie being traded. After Tank was signed for sure, this off season was a success in my mind.

The NHL playoffs are the hardest in all of sports. Very few teams make it, and only one can make it all the way.

I feel people will still be calling for management's heads even if the Blues only make it to the 2nd round next season. Call me crazy, but I just don't feel the same way.

I love the signing, and the structure...well done Blues!!! I still think that at least two big contracts will be gone by the start of the season. I don't think that you can go into a season with the plan to trade someone off for a pick at the deadline. Maybe if you're a cellar-dweller team, but not a good team. Army wont start the season up against the cap....you can't operate that way.