Re: Trades coming today?

I don't think we see much today. The Spezza trade went down July 1st like by 9:00 AM. A lot of these players rumored to move have bonus clauses in their contracts that get paid out on July 1st so the team trading for them doesn't wanna pick up that tab. Hence why we usually see trades on July 1st and beyond but not a ton after the draft, but before July 1st.

wizard pork sword wrote:
Matangama wrote:Doesn't Oshie(?) gave a NTC that kicks in on July 1? Is that right, or am I dreaming that? If so, then you could be right, WPS
I am not sure on Oshie. Berglund has a limited NTC that kicks in tomorrow, though.
I'll check on Oshie.....but yeah, maybe I confused him with Berglund. Thanks

Looks like Oshie has a NTC as well......not sure if full or partial.

Wait.....what the fuck - seeing several stories that says he has one that kicks in July 1, and other stories that says he doesn't have one. Fuck it, I no longer care enough!
Last edited by Matangama on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wizard pork sword wrote:
Matangama wrote:Looks like Oshie has a NTC as well......not sure if full or partial.
Where are you seeing that? From my understand, of the core players, he was the most likely to be moved because he didn't have one.
See my edit.....just Googling "Oshie no trade clause"gets you both. Maybe it means he doesn't have one YET, but like I said, I don't care enough to figure it out!

wizard pork sword wrote:
Matangama wrote:Looks like Oshie has a NTC as well......not sure if full or partial.
Where are you seeing that? From my understand, of the core players, he was the most likely to be moved because he didn't have one.
Yeah I've never found real confirmation one way or the other if he has one that starts soon. I've seen it listed both ways.

I'm fairly certain Oshie doesn't have a no trade clause. The only sites I see saying he does are the more blogger type sites and I can't ever recall JR or anyone more reputable saying he has one. I also feel JR would have mentioned if Oshie has a NTC in his tweet about Berglund's NTC tomorrow.

MissouriMook wrote:I'm pretty sure we see Kessel traded tomorrow after TOR has to pay his $4M roster bonus. Still, someone with cash could swoop in today trying to get him with a lesser offer by agreeing to pay him the bonus tomorrow.
That Rinaldo trade is a real head scratcher. :shock:

MissouriMook wrote:I'm pretty sure we see Kessel traded tomorrow after TOR has to pay his $4M roster bonus. Still, someone with cash could swoop in today trying to get him with a lesser offer by agreeing to pay him the bonus tomorrow.
This Kessel situation cracks me up. Nobody in the organization wants him there (apparently) and he's just like "I don't give a fuck". Meanwhile he makes so much money a team would be nuts to take him on and give up anything Earth shattering unless Toronto was adding some $$$ to the deal. It's just a fascinating situation.