Re: Prospects Thread

Robb_K wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 pm Jimmy Snuggeruud has notified The University of Minnesota that he'll be returning to play for their team next season. That's a big disappointment for me, especially as it raises the possibility of him reaching UFA status after that season, and an opportunity to sign with any NHL team.
I don't know what he's got to prove their but he would have spent most of the next season in Springfield anyways.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:31 pm
Robb_K wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:43 pm Jimmy Snuggeruud has notified The University of Minnesota that he'll be returning to play for their team next season. That's a big disappointment for me, especially as it raises the possibility of him reaching UFA status after that season, and an opportunity to sign with any NHL team.
I don't know what he's got to prove their but he would have spent most of the next season in Springfield anyways.
He'd get better prepared for The NHL by playing in The AHL. But, I hope he leads The Gophers to The National Championship.

Going out on a limb but it might have something to do with getting a degree for life after hockey.

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:14 am
Going out on a limb but it might have something to do with getting a degree for life after hockey.
If that's the case its really bad news for the Blues since he'll need another year after next and at that point can just wait a few months and sign with anyone. I think he probably is just a massive Gopher fan and wants to win a national championship with them. They lost the championship game when he was a freshman. If they'd won that game I bet he'd be in the lineup against Nashville tomorrow.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:14 am
There's othing stopping him from going pro and getting a degree too.

Sabres prospect pipeline ranked #1. Bruins #32.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/ ... ers-future

14. St. Louis Blues
The Blues are loaded with projectable NHL forward talent, and should be an entertaining team in the coming years.

Dalibor Dvorsky, Jimmy Snuggerud, Zach Dean and Zachary Bolduc are all expected to contribute offensively at the NHL level. The combination of those four players brings a blend on scoring, dynamic transition play, playmaking and forechecking. Add Otto Stenberg -- a two-way player who controls the pace of game and looks like a superstar when he's wearing the Swedish national sweater -- and the Blues have five players projected to be impactful in top-nine roles.

The Blues lack the same level of prospects on the blue line, and graduated Joel Hofer in goal. Theo Lindstein and Michael Buchinger have baseline NHL projections, and Quinton Burns is projected to bounce between the NHL and AHL levels.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sabres prospect pipeline ranked #1. Bruins #32.

14. St. Louis Blues
The Blues are loaded with projectable NHL forward talent, and should be an entertaining team in the coming years.

Dalibor Dvorsky, Jimmy Snuggerud, Zach Dean and Zachary Bolduc are all expected to contribute offensively at the NHL level. The combination of those four players brings a blend on scoring, dynamic transition play, playmaking and forechecking. Add Otto Stenberg -- a two-way player who controls the pace of game and looks like a superstar when he's wearing the Swedish national sweater -- and the Blues have five players projected to be impactful in top-nine roles.

The Blues lack the same level of prospects on the blue line, and graduated Joel Hofer in goal. Theo Lindstein and Michael Buchinger have baseline NHL projections, and Quinton Burns is projected to bounce between the NHL and AHL levels.
Just now put it together we got (2) Zach's - ha

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:00 pm Sabres prospect pipeline ranked #1. Bruins #32.

14. St. Louis Blues

IMHO, defense will be the biggest puzzle to figure out in the next 2-3 years, likely through trading some of our forward 'assets' and/or FA signings.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:03 pm Dylan Peterson signed to a 2 year entry level deal.
Sounds like a guy with great physical tools who still hasn't shown signs of putting it all together at 22. We'll see if he can stick at the NHL level, or will mostly be an AHLer with the occasional call-up.