Re: News and Games around the NHL

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:43 pm In my best general management voice, we are at least 3 to 4 years for even thinking about a cup run,so if the right offer comes in for Binnington I take it hands down. I doubt it'll come to fruition but ya he'd be gone. It's not like we're a player away,we're several players away from a serious run.
I agree, I got the Blues targeted in 3 or 4 years to be Cup ready. But Binner will be fine.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:53 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:14 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Well, I think thats why we've all said you have to at least listen to offers. No one is suggesting just give him away for the sake of giving him away. But say the Leafs offer up Marner for Binner and Krug, are you taking it?
You're making this hard. I love Binner. He's a bonafide Cup winning goalie. How many of those has this franchise had? I'd still consider not making that deal. We only got Krug 2 more years. He'll be gone before you know it.
Not to deliver you bad news on this day, but Krug is signed for 3 more years.
Damn. We gave him 7 years? WTF was Army thinking :lol:

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:18 pm Jake Neighbours is watching/imitating Matthew Tkachuk and Zach Hyman

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/st-louis- ... t-presence

Jake Neighbours watching, learning, trying to follow in footsteps of Matthew Tkachuk, Zach Hyman regarding net front presence
Blues forward trying to make living in high danger areas forward in NHL, picking up tips watching Panthers, Oilers forwards play down low

Being a net front pest is an art.

Jake Neighbours knows it, and he knows there comes a price with it.

But the St. Louis Blues forward, a first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, continues to not only be a student of it but one who's thriving at it.

And Neighbours, who is tied with Jordan Kyrou for the team lead with 25 goals, knows there's more to learn, and the fellow NHL skaters he tends to watch, or follow are two players who continue to thrive in those roles, and oh by the way, one just became a 50-goal scorer.

"I think Matthew Tkachuk's one and Zach Hyman is the other," Neighbours said. "Just those two play a lot of their minutes in front of the net and are really good around the net, score a lot of goals from that area and create a lot of offense from there. You try and pick up little tips and tricks that they do that could maybe add to my game. I think it's obviously a learning process and still continuing to work on it."
There is barely a price now. I don't know why more players aren't going to the net.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:43 pm In my best general management voice, we are at least 3 to 4 years for even thinking about a cup run,so if the right offer comes in for Binnington I take it hands down. I doubt it'll come to fruition but ya he'd be gone. It's not like we're a player away,we're several players away from a serious run.
We're still not officially eliminated yet. I think we are close to being a regular playoff team and having Binnington as the goalie means literally anything can happen once we get there.

That's not going to happen with Hofer or another of our prospects for some years yet.

I'm happy we have Binnington and I am in no rush to sell him.

If it's his contract year and we are out, then I'd think about it. But now, no way

BluesSK wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:18 pm Jake Neighbours is watching/imitating Matthew Tkachuk and Zach Hyman

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/st-louis- ... t-presence

Jake Neighbours watching, learning, trying to follow in footsteps of Matthew Tkachuk, Zach Hyman regarding net front presence
Blues forward trying to make living in high danger areas forward in NHL, picking up tips watching Panthers, Oilers forwards play down low

Being a net front pest is an art.

Jake Neighbours knows it, and he knows there comes a price with it.

But the St. Louis Blues forward, a first-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, continues to not only be a student of it but one who's thriving at it.

And Neighbours, who is tied with Jordan Kyrou for the team lead with 25 goals, knows there's more to learn, and the fellow NHL skaters he tends to watch, or follow are two players who continue to thrive in those roles, and oh by the way, one just became a 50-goal scorer.

"I think Matthew Tkachuk's one and Zach Hyman is the other," Neighbours said. "Just those two play a lot of their minutes in front of the net and are really good around the net, score a lot of goals from that area and create a lot of offense from there. You try and pick up little tips and tricks that they do that could maybe add to my game. I think it's obviously a learning process and still continuing to work on it."
There is barely a price now. I don't know why more players aren't going to the net.
That's really true. You see so many uncontested tap ins in front of the net in today's game. Brett Hull took a beating taking cross checks to the back playing front of the net when he played.

BillP wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm
I agree, I got the Blues targeted in 3 or 4 years to be Cup ready. But Binner will be fine.
You guys are insane... 3 to 4 years. I will bet you the Blues are in the playoffs next year as long as Binnington is healthy.

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:24 amThat's really true. You see so many uncontested tap ins in front of the net in today's game. Brett Hull took a beating taking cross checks to the back playing front of the net when he played.
Yeah, but.......... HIS SKATE WAS IN THE CREASE!!!!!!!!!

[The preceding message, and the following Secret Base Rewinder, have been posted on behalf of Buffalo Sabres fans everywhere.]

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:51 am
You guys are insane... 3 to 4 years. I will bet you the Blues are in the playoffs next year as long as Binnington is healthy.
I'm just of the mind Armstrong finds a way to step it back a bit going into next year compared to where we've been the last two. Without the rose colored glasses, this is a mushy middle team as it was last year and there's no clear way to add the elite, CONSISTENT talent at the top of the lineup that would be needed to elevate the team to cup contender. Not next season at least, so it makes more sense to align the assets with the future. I think Armstrong has the confidence and job security of Stillman to do it and let the rising cap do some 2-3 year work for him.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:51 am
Impossible to make a claim without even knowing the roster for next year. If they trade Buch for picks/prospects I'd say that its less likely. However, with the development of Neighbours and what I've seen of Bolduc, the team is trending up.
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote:
Really? Or am I so right that I just blew your mind???????

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:04 am
CaptSMRT wrote:

How would I know if my mind was blown?

CaptSMRT wrote:
BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:04 am
CaptSMRT wrote: You guys are insane... 3 to 4 years. I will bet you the Blues are in the playoffs next year as long as Binnington is healthy.
How would I know if my mind was blown?
You won't. That's what makes it so difficult :P

Lots of angles on the Coyote's move to SLC beyond the league/ownership issues:

While Utah has a tax structure that's more favorable for businesses, it's significantly LESS favorable for individuals. That'll certainly impact a lot of players' decisions going forward.

Will players around the league that have them be able to change their 'no trade lists?' I can certainly see the difference between Arizona and SLC being a factor in players being willing to accept a trade to one place or the other.

How will a city with virtually no night-life and very few social/recreational outlets for non-Mormons appeal to the youngest team in the NHL with a flood of new young draftees imminent? (Perhaps this could ultimately be a good thing for young players without those kinds of 'distractions')

Are there players on Arizona now who won't want to move to SLC, and who'll request trades?

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 pm Lots of angles on the Coyote's move to SLC beyond the league/ownership issues:

While Utah has a tax structure that's more favorable for businesses, it's significantly LESS favorable for individuals. That'll certainly impact a lot of players' decisions going forward.

Will players around the league that have them be able to change their 'no trade lists?' I can certainly see the difference between Arizona and SLC being a factor in players being willing to accept a trade to one place or the other.

How will a city with virtually no night-life and very few social/recreational outlets for non-Mormons appeal to the youngest team in the NHL with a flood of new young draftees imminent? (Perhaps this could ultimately be a good thing for young players without those kinds of 'distractions')

Are there players on Arizona now who won't want to move to SLC, and who'll request trades?
All I'm concerned about is seeing who will be the first NHL player to bring more than one wife to the home games.