Re: Blues vs. Predators, 7PM April 4, 24

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:00 pm Ill say I expected more out of players (vrana, kyrou, schenn) got about expected from the rest (minus the surprise neighbours) but id this team has the same outcome next year as this and last year, I'll be a strong it's army proponent.

I've gotta remind myself to stay patient bc he is a WIZARD at trades. Just not contracts lol
" I'll be a strong it's army proponent"
I haven't got the faintest idea what you mean by this. Did you mean to type: "I'll be a strong proponent that it's Army (who is responsible for this team having the same outcome last season, this season, and will also next season, due to not re-signing Pietrangelo, and giving bad contracts to Krug, Leddy, and Scandella, plus the no-trade clauses?

Robb_K wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:14 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:00 pm Ill say I expected more out of players (vrana, kyrou, schenn) got about expected from the rest (minus the surprise neighbours) but id this team has the same outcome next year as this and last year, I'll be a strong it's army proponent.

I've gotta remind myself to stay patient bc he is a WIZARD at trades. Just not contracts lol
" I'll be a strong it's army proponent"
I haven't got the faintest idea what you mean by this. Did you mean to type: "I'll be a strong proponent that it's Army (who is responsible for this team having the same outcome last season, this season, and will also next season, due to not re-signing Pietrangelo, and giving bad contracts to Krug, Leddy, and Scandella, plus the no-trade clauses?
Yes. I'll blame army for this team at the end of next season if we are this outside bubble team again.

I'm not the best at explaining myself in real life either :D
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

big d note wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 pm That O'Reilly guy was working hard tonight. Would be nice to have a guy like that on the Blues.

Fucking Forsberg always kills us.
Yeah, if you had ROR instead of Hayes, this might have been a playoff team. Army locked up too much money on D. For a guy who takes a patient approach, it’s like he panicked on D and felt like he had to fill it up fast and not trusting what he had. Big, big mistake. And the Hayes acquisition was still stupid. He was a victim of his own kind of deal there. He got taken.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:34 am There was a point where I wanted to see these guys get it together and make it into the post season, but that would be a huge kick in the balls. This version of the Blues is a disaster... not incredibly different than the 2018 squad. Hope changes are on the horizon.
2018 is a pretty good call. Some good players, but no real identity. Some youth knocking on the door that year as well. Similar to this summer, the Blue found themselves with a glut of forward prospects, and included one as a key piece in a deal for an obvious hole in the roster (ROR/Thompson++). I don't think the turnaround will be as quick as it was for the 2018 Blues, but there are definitely some parallels.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!