Re: Fantasy Hockey

T.C. wrote: congrats to all the folks that made it to the championship bracket playoffs! i am once again outside looking in.
Thanks T.C.! You were in the running, just fell short. To rehash your draft day comments, I think if you had your 1st pick all over again you'd pass on Bedard.

That's what happens Blues fans who pick Hawks in the 1st rd of fantasy drafts.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:18 am congrats to all the folks that made it to the championship bracket playoffs! i am once again outside looking in.
I couldn't have made it without you, thanks!
You have the unenviable task of trying to beat Dave 2 weeks in a row.

Reminds me of the Rams in 2000 when they beat the Saints to get in the playoffs only to play the Saints again the following week and lose.
It's hard to beat a team 2 weeks in a row.

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 am
T.C. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:18 am congrats to all the folks that made it to the championship bracket playoffs! i am once again outside looking in.

Reminds me of the Rams in 2000 when they beat the Saints to get in the playoffs only to play the Saints again the following week and lose.
He doesn't have to worry about Az Hakim catching a punt with the season in the balance, so I bet he's alright.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:45 am

He doesn't have to worry about Az Hakim catching a punt with the season in the balance, so I bet he's alright.
Haha, yeah that was brutal. Down 31-7, the Rams were going to pull off the comeback. What a letdown.

BillP wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:15 am An early update to end of round 1 in playoff week 1. The top 4 seeded teams are all trailing at the moment. Long way to go but worth noting.
Feel like I split the first two on the road. Time to head home for 2 and take control of this series!
Just a Russian propaganda account

blue to the bone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:19 pm
BillP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:29 pm Damn, out in the first round. Didn’t see it coming. Congrats 5 Hole.
Thank you. Hard fought week which could’ve gone either way and to either one of us. I just happened to squeak out a couple categories on the last day.
Yeah, it was close. I’ll be like Gretzky who said he always roots for the team that knocks him out of the playoffs. Good luck!!

BillP wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:59 am
blue to the bone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:19 pm
BillP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:29 pm Damn, out in the first round. Didn’t see it coming. Congrats 5 Hole.
Thank you. Hard fought week which could’ve gone either way and to either one of us. I just happened to squeak out a couple categories on the last day.
Yeah, it was close. I’ll be like Gretzky who said he always roots for the team that knocks him out of the playoffs. Good luck!!
Thank you again. Good news, on this bandwagon we serve free drinks and snacks!

blue to the bone wrote:
BillP wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:59 am
blue to the bone wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:19 pm Thank you. Hard fought week which could’ve gone either way and to either one of us. I just happened to squeak out a couple categories on the last day.
Thank you again. Good news, on this bandwagon we serve free drinks and snacks!
I'm in!! :lol:

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Gonna be a tough offseason for Denny Pratt Tragedy. Insiders expect a great deal of turnover.
Change in draft strategy next time?
The draft strategy was sound. Team came out of the gates on fire. GM failed to adapt to injuries in season. Inability to overcome adversity, might need to strip the C and make a player earn it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Gonna be a tough offseason for Denny Pratt Tragedy. Insiders expect a great deal of turnover.
Change in draft strategy next time?
The draft strategy was sound. Team came out of the gates on fire. GM failed to adapt to injuries in season. Inability to overcome adversity, might need to strip the C and make a player earn it.
Spoken like Doug Armstrong. Nice 8-)

T.C. wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 am we have a 1-6 matchup for the championship. good luck fellas!
Thank you. We are just happy to be here. All the “experts” said we should’ve been on the golf course weeks ago but we still have some good hockey in us and lord will we will be able to cycle and forecheck our way to a championship…. A little (a lot) of puck luck can go a long way.

blue to the bone wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:30 am
T.C. wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 am we have a 1-6 matchup for the championship. good luck fellas!
Thank you. We are just happy to be here. All the “experts” said we should’ve been on the golf course weeks ago but we still have some good hockey in us and lord will we will be able to cycle and forecheck our way to a championship…. A little (a lot) of puck luck can go a long way.

Hahaha, you’re playing Matty Ice. I work with him everyday here in the office. I told him he’s probably a slight underdog in this series. Your team has picked up steam and I think the 2 week series will make it tougher on him.