NCAA Hockey Tournament

Elite 8 round starts today. Minnesota-Duluth vs. Denver in the first period right now. I don't know any of the prospects, but this game has kicked ass so far, great pace and lots of hitting and scoringchances. There's another game this evening and 2 more tomorrow.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: NCAA Hockey Tournament

Game 1 headed to OT. Denver has been the better team thus far but Michigan is hanging tough and killed off two third period penalties.

The biggest endorsement I can give this game is that it has been a thoroughly enjoyable viewing experience despite having John Buccigross on the call.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Jumping to 2024 college hockey ...

O'Fallon, MO's freshwoman forward Joy Dunne scored the only goal in the NCAA Division I women's hockey national championship game on Sunday to give her Ohio State Buckeyes team the 1-0 win over defending champs Wisconsin Badgers. The Badgers had defeated OSU by a 1-0 score last March to become 2023 champions, so this year it was payback time.
Joy was also named NCAA DI women's Rookie of the Year last week. Stick taps to Joy & her fellow Buckeye champions. :dancingbanana:

Meanwhile (or actually immediately following), the 2024 DI men's national championship brackets were announced - see embedded attachments below, with the text version appended to show locations & game dates/times & ESPN network coverage. Note that the Centene Community Ice Center is hosting this year's Midwest Regional, as a sort-of trial run of the 2025 DI men's Frozen Four event being hosted at the Enterprise Center. ED. NOTE: Based on the four Midwest teams assigned to the Midwest Regional (2nd image, bottom left), I reckon if you don't already have tickets to attend you probably ain't gonna. But if you do manage to snag a seat, I'll be sitting in Section 119 (several rows up behind the penalty benches) if you wanna drop by between periods.

NCAA.COM | MARCH 24, 2024

2024 DI men's ice hockey championship selections announced

… The dates, sites, times and pairings of this year’s championship are as follows:

Maryland Heights Regional, March 29-31
Centene Community Ice Center, Maryland Heights, Missouri

Friday, March 29, 5:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU
No. 1 Michigan St. (24-9-3) vs. No. 4 Western Mich. (21-15-1)

Friday, March 29, 8:30 p.m. ET, ESPNU
No. 2 North Dakota (26-11-2) vs. No. 3 Michigan (21-14-3)

Sunday, March 31, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2
Maryland Heights Regional Championship

Providence Regional, March 29-31
Amica Mutual Pavilion, Providence, Rhode Island

Friday, March 29, 2:00 p.m., ET, ESPNU
No. 1 Boston College (31-5-1) vs. No. 4 Michigan Tech (19-14-6)

Friday, March 29, 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPNews
No. 2 Wisconsin (26-11-2) vs. No. 3 Quinnipiac (26-9-2)

Sunday, March 31, 4:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2
Providence Regional Championship

Sioux Falls Regional, March 28-30
Denny Sanford PREMIER Center, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Thursday, March 28, 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, ESPNU
No. 1 Boston U. (26-9-2) vs. No. 4 Rochester Institute of Technology (27-10-2)

Thursday, March 28, 8:30 p.m. Eastern time, ESPNU
No. 2 Minnesota (22-10-5) vs. No. 3 Omaha (23-12-4)

Saturday, March 30, 6:30 p.m. Eastern time, ESPNU
Sioux Falls Regional Championship

Springfield Regional, March 28-30
Mass Mutual Center, Springfield, Massachusetts

Thursday, March 28, 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, ESPN2
No. 1 Denver (28-9-3) vs. No. 4 Massachusetts (20-13-3)

Thursday, March 28, 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, ESPNews
No. 2 Maine (23-11-2) vs. No. 3 Cornell (21-6-6)

Saturday, March 30, 4:00 p.m. Eastern time, ESPN2
Springfield Regional Championship

Men’s Frozen Four, April 11 and 13
Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Thursday, April 11, 5 and 8:30 p.m. Eastern time, ESPN2 (order of games TBD)
Providence Regional Champion vs. Maryland Heights Regional Champion
Springfield Regional Champion vs. Sioux Falls Regional Champion

Saturday, April 13, 6 p.m. Eastern time, ESPN2
National Championship ...

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:06 pm Denver has 12 NHL draft picks on their roster, UM-Duluth has 6. Full list on College Hockey Inc.

These two teams are about midway thru the third in Loveland CO with a 1-1 tie (same score since late in the 1st). Denver stopped the shutout streak of Duluth goalie Ryan Fanti @ 220 minutes. Very good game.
Arizona State's Ryan O'Reilly, of what I can find, is of no relation to our former captain
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!